how do you cure the addiction after 1st time?

luckyinpa

I was in a daze of happiness on my first cruise- I couldn't believe what we'd missed all these years! So soon we had three more cruises booked on three different lines...

It took us a while before we settled to one longer cruise on a favoured ship, and kept the short cruises of a week or so to try other lines/ships. Still enjoying the search. :cool:

have you ever been disappointed by a new ship you chose

i really regret not buying an NCL cruise next certificate because all i could do for weeks after i got back from my 1st cruise was look at prices and plan my next one. i'm going again in a few weeks since DEC is dirt cheap, but now i already started looking at next year and even other lines to see my options out of my local area.

how does one stop this addiction? i fear family and friends will be at home one day with an intervention.

Maybe watch this.:eek:

^^^

Even a bad day on a cruise is better than a good day at work.:D

Not so sure about that. :D

WOW, a wild ride.

I would think that the ship has lost power otherwise the captain is a fool for not heading into the wind / waves. That would stop a lot of the rocking.

Even though I've been on some very rough seas and was never scared, this gets me every time I see it.

I have pens which say 'I'd rather be on a cruise'. I love having them at work so everybody knows in those long meetings where I would rather be.... ha ha.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just bring a cruise brochure to any meeting, if they stray off agenda, out comes the brochure.;)

I just bring a cruise brochure to any meeting, if they stray off agenda, out comes the brochure.;)

Ha ha thats brilliant :') I normally have a countdown on my desk, maybe I should go all out and get a cruise ship background on my computer. Maybe get a tshirt made up...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

:D

Please share when you find the cure!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'd prefer that 'final' cure (the final 'sailaway') then sitting home landlocked and accidently see a television ad with one of those BIG beautiful white MOUNTAINS sailing majestically on the bright blue ocean and feel..Well, you know 'that feeling', the longing to be THERE. :(

Mac

have you ever been disappointed by a new ship you chose

Only because we didn't think it through... we wanted to try a vast ship which was sailing to the fjords, and the weather was terrible, so the ship was crammed inside; all the pools and many activities were outside, including a sea screen, which were unused for most of the trip.

That taught us not to sail on a ship built for the Caribbean in Northern Europe.

Only because we didn't think it through... we wanted to try a vast ship which was sailing to the fjords, and the weather was terrible, so the ship was crammed inside; all the pools and many activities were outside, including a sea screen, which were unused for most of the trip.

That taught us not to sail on a ship built for the Caribbean in Northern Europe.

Yes, some ships are not built for some regions and some demographics either.

Take a close look at your finances and things you need (new car, new roof, remodel the basement....) to see how buying a cruise is hindering you from getting what you need.

SBtS

Or take a look at your finances and things that you don't need (new car, New roof, Remodel the basement...) to see how buying these things is hindering you from going on a cruise, which is what you need:):):)

Edited by mrs and mrs

You are truly addicted.

Yes I am.

I am suffering post cruise syndrome now, and has been exasperated by the boss saying, ''There will be no cruises in 2017, next one can be a b2b island jan/feb 2018''.

Well see about that mmh.

In the meantime I guess its C.C, oh arnt you lucky:):eek::cool:

Yes I am.

I am suffering post cruise syndrome now, and has been exasperated by the boss saying, ''There will be no cruises in 2017, next one can be a b2b island jan/feb 2018''.

Well see about that mmh.

In the meantime I guess its C.C, oh arnt you lucky:):eek::cool:

That post cruise syndrome is a bugger isn't it?

And Mrs Gut says I'm banned from booking anymore at the moment, well I guess we'll see about that.