Regal Princess Entertainment

jdshaw1000

First time Princess (three previous RCL cruises) observation/question:

We are on a Regal Princess 7 day western Caribbean cruise in February. There is no information about entertainment/shows on their website. No way to know in advance what is available, and obviously no advance booking.

I spoke with a customer service representative who indicated the information isn't provided until the evening before - via the cabin newsletter, and there are no reservations.

What am I missing here? Thanks.

You are missing nothing. Shows are first come first seated. Plan on going at least 30 minutes+ to get a seat for the shows. As the rep stated the shows and times are posted in the nightly Princess Patter delivered to your cabin. You might get an idea by asking here about a week before your cruise as someone who just took that itinerary may give you that information.

Enjoy your cruise.

We are on a Regal Princess 7 day western Caribbean cruise in February. There is no information about entertainment/shows on their website. No way to know in advance what is available, and obviously no advance booking.

I spoke with a customer service representative who indicated the information isn't provided until the evening before - via the cabin newsletter, and there are no reservations.

If you just called & received that information, it's not accurate & many weekend Princess reps are inexperienced cruisers & some give incorrect information. Princess usually sends emails closer to sailing with some entertainment information for your cruise. The first day Princess Patter lists the entertainment for the entire cruise & not merely the night before which displays the location & times. Also Princess doesn't offer any advance entertainment booking options.

I don't know which shows are currently being shown on the Regal in the Caribbean but here's a statement about the Regal's entertainment which I had on a transatlantic cruise.

Princess Theater – With unobstructed sight lines from every seat, the Princess Theater offers high-definition screens and a state of the art lighting system to enhance each show. This spectacular space for the line’s original production shows and entertainers debuts with two new productions on its stage – “Fiera!” takes guests on a journey the fairground, and “Bravo… A Regal Celebration” a celebration of lights opera, musical theater and p’opera. Two favorites- “Spectacular!” a musical revue extravaganza, and “Sweet Soul Music” an upbeat tribute to Rhythm and Blues- will also be featured after their rave debuts on Regal Princess.

http://www.princess.com/news/backgrounders_and_fact_sheets/factsheet/Regal%20Princess-Features-Expanded-Entertainment-Options.html#.U9RFYWK9KSM

This link is for the Royal's dining options which are the same on the Regal:

http://www.princess.com/news/backgrounders_and_fact_sheets/factsheet/Royal-Princess-Offers-Dining-Options-for-Every-Craving.html#.UeC2g2S9LTo

Edited by Astro Flyer

Some limited info here as well.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2426511&highlight=regal+show+times

We were on Regal a few weeks ago. We enjoyed most of the entertainment, especially production shows Bravo and Fiere. Talented singers, entertainers, dancers. No disappointment there. Comedian was fair. Cruise Director Martyn Moss and his staff were the best! We also attended some events at Princess Live and enjoyed them as well. Of course, the live music in the Piazza was excellent too.

Edited by JoRoy218

Aside from the shows at Princess Theater, entertainment schedules at the Piazza (atrium) for the day are also listed on the daily Patter.

We enjoyed Fiera. Sweet Soul was fine, but the song selection was not what I had expected. There was another show we tried to go see, but it was already full. Their theater is not all that large compared to RCCL & CCL theaters. Also, no drink holders or tables for bar service - not a dealbreaker, just an observation. Probably couldn't get a waiter anyway. We had to flag them down at the pool - seriously, they would walk right past the 4 of us without asking if we needed anything. Total opposite of what we are used to, but maybe what the majority of their passengers prefer.