Just got an upsell to the Garden Villa 😍

maja651

So excited! We have been calling the upsell department for weeks now trying to move to a 2 bedroom Haven suite. We were booked in a non-Haven 2 bedroom suite. Today was finally our lucky day! Apparently our cruise is completely sold out and at 100% occupancy, although there were 2 Owner's suites and 2 Garden Villas that were not booked, so I guess they can only upsell those. We were not allowed to add people, even though there are only 2 of us and the Villa sleeps 8, due to the 100% occupancy of the ship. Anyway, we were offered 2 options. Move to OS for $1250 each or GV for $2500 each. Of course, we picked the GV! Yep, it's not cheap, but a heck of a deal for us for a suite that was $30k for 2 just 2 months ago.

This is for the Jewel Mexican Riviera December 23 to 30 cruise. So....if you are booked on this ship, call the upsell department tomorrow! It may be your lucky Day! Our 2 bedroom suite, 11506 should be available!

Note - they told is our rate was because we were already in a suite. They told us they would not offer that price to non suites.

So excited! We have been calling the upsell department for weeks now trying to move to a 2 bedroom Haven suite. We were booked in a non-Haven 2 bedroom suite. Today was finally our lucky day! Apparently our cruise is completely sold out and at 100% occupancy, although there were 2 Owner's suites and 2 Garden Villas that were not booked, so I guess they can only upsell those. We were not allowed to add people, even though there are only 2 of us and the Villa sleeps 8, due to the 100% occupancy of the ship. Anyway, we were offered 2 options. Move to OS for $1250 each or GV for $2500 each. Of course, we picked the GV! Yep, it's not cheap, but a heck of a deal for us for a suite that was $30k for 2 just 2 months ago.

This is for the Jewel Mexican Riviera December 23 to 30 cruise. So....if you are booked on this ship, call the upsell department tomorrow! It may be your lucky Day! Our 2 bedroom suite, 11506 should be available!

Note - they told is our rate was because we were already in a suite. They told us they would not offer that price to non suites.

I am glad you are happy with your upgrade. We have cruised in a suite once due to an upgrade and while it was nice, for us it just doesn't make much sense to pay that kind of money for a cruise.

For $35K we would go on 6 or 7 cruises in a nice balcony. Also, our cc friends would not be able to dine with us, if we had a suite.

We will be in the Jades Garden Villa this Sunday. Have done it on the Gem last April loved loved loved it.

I am glad you are happy with your upgrade. We have cruised in a suite once due to an upgrade and while it was nice, for us it just doesn't make much sense to pay that kind of money for a cruise.

For $35K we would go on 6 or 7 cruises in a nice balcony. Also, our cc friends would not be able to dine with us, if we had a suite.

On the Jewel class ships, this is not the case - everyone goes to either the specialty restaurants at night or one of the free venues - there is no The Haven restaurant in the evening. Also, even on the newer ships, you are NEVER assigned to any dining room for any meal - you could always leave The Haven and dine wherever you want on the ship with you cc friends. The other thing to keep in mind is that even on ships that do have The Haven restaurant, if you go to the concierge and request permission, you may be able to invite non-Haven guests for dinner one night and, of course, you can invite anyone you want to dine in your suite.

On the Jewel class ships, this is not the case - everyone goes to either the specialty restaurants at night or one of the free venues - there is no The Haven restaurant in the evening. Also, even on the newer ships, you are NEVER assigned to any dining room for any meal - you could always leave The Haven and dine wherever you want on the ship with you cc friends. The other thing to keep in mind is that even on ships that do have The Haven restaurant, if you go to the concierge and request permission, you may be able to invite non-Haven guests for dinner one night and, of course, you can invite anyone you want to dine in your suite.

Yes, but a lot of people either never dine in a specialty restaurant or only a few times. For example, on a typical 14 day cruise, we usually dine in a specialty about 3-4 times.

I would never pay $35K either! WAAAY too much! But, paid less than a third of that for a holiday sailing. A GREAT deal in our eyes. We sailed in the GV on the Star last year and loved it so we are very excited!

The upsell number is 800-625-4309

I would never pay $35K either! WAAAY too much! But, paid less than a third of that for a holiday sailing. A GREAT deal in our eyes. We sailed in the GV on the Star last year and loved it so we are very excited!

The upsell number is 800-625-4309

Oh please return with photos of your GV. Do you think it will be all decked out for the holidays? How Lucky!

Jennifer

Edited by Kaftan Kween
to clarify

Oh please return with photos of your GV. Do you think it will be all decked out for the holidays? How Lucky!

Jennifer

I'll take tons of pictures!!! Thank you! I didn't even think about it being decorated for the holidays! Awesome!

Maja - which Star GV were you in? I'd love to know if they had a sound system... CD player? iPod docking station? Patio speakers? Any info would be much appreciated!

Congrats on your Upsell!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We've been in the GV on all the ships that have them and my sons have traveled with us a few times and I know they have somehow played their music selections out on the deck through the cabin speakers a few times. I know there is a sound system in the living room and we listened to the music in the living room and on the decks that was on different channels. I am not at all tech savvy and can't give you a lot more info than that. I do good to get a DVD to play.

Maja - which Star GV were you in? I'd love to know if they had a sound system... CD player? iPod docking station? Patio speakers? Any info would be much appreciated!

Congrats on your Upsell!

We were in 14500. It had music for the outdoor patio area but it was the ship's music, like 4 or 5 channels. Note - the knob to turn it on is inside the hallway, in the GV, not outside in the patio. There was no CD players that we can remember. There is a player piano though! 😀 I wrote a review and included pictures after the cruise. If you search on my name you can probably find it. We LOVED the Star GV and the specialness (is that a Word? Lol ) we felt from the crew. You truly feel like royalty!

It is nice to have a spacious cabin on a cruise ship. However, particularly if you are on a port intensive cruise, we don't spend much time in our cabin. Mainly, we sleep there. Even on a sea day, we are out doing things on the ship.

I can see how nice a large suite would be if you had a large family occupying the space.

Congrats on your Upsell!

We're in 14000 now, there is no CD player but ships music can be played onto the balcony/garden. Each room has a Tv and DVD player, so you could play CD's.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums