Coco Kay

ARI421

Yep, keep walking, the back of the island is awesome:

1z6fgpf.jpg

If this is the same spot, that tree may not have survived Hurricane Matthew.

lookingsputh.jpg

Actually, it maybe just a little further north than where I was standing in this pic.

Edited by BillOh

Anyone ever done the parasailing excursion here? Is it worth the price? I've never done it before, anywhere, but it seems pretty fun. I'll be making two separate trips to CoCo Key within a month of each other and it's something I've been thinking about doing.

Anyone ever done the parasailing excursion here? Is it worth the price? I've never done it before, anywhere, but it seems pretty fun. I'll be making two separate trips to CoCo Key within a month of each other and it's something I've been thinking about doing.

We've done it once, it was fun, however we only needed to do it once. We were airborne less than 5 minutes.

Yep, it's on down around the corner....we went to the tip of the island. You can walk the entire perimeter, the water around there is no more than 2 feet, and there are tons of critters, rays, little baby sharks and the more prevalent Conchs and starfish amongst the salt grass.

Edited by BecciBoo

Take some cash and buy something from the vendors Royal allows to sell merchandise. You have something to remember your trip to this beautiful isand and it helps someone support their family.This place has been hit very hard more than once, and these folks can use the money.

I hate to be a contrartian, but my advice at CoCo Key is to stay on the ship. Of all the private islands I've been to on all my cruises, it is far and away my least favorite. The water is extremely reedy and rocky, the beach is overcrowded and the facilities are substandard. Labadee is far, far superior. Depending on which of the Labadee beaches you go to, you can get soft sand and clear water, and the beaches have more shade and much better facilities.

What will Coco Cay be like with two cruise ship visiting on the same day? How crowded will it be? Dec. 7, 2016 Empress of the Seas & Enchantment of the Seas?

Thanks and Happy Sailing,

Debbie

:)

We've been to Coco Cay when Monarch and Majesty were there at the same time. The BBQ area was crowded, and had to walk around a bit to find a place to sit. However, we were still able to find a nice quiet area of beach near the Barefoot Beach area.

The beach lounger is worth it at $45. It's a shade that covers 2 reserved chairs on a private beach. There is someone watching the beach.

We found it worth it for the peace and quiet as well as having someone watching our stuff while we were in the water.

What will Coco Cay be like with two cruise ship visiting on the same day? How crowded will it be? Dec. 7, 2016 Empress of the Seas & Enchantment of the Seas?

Thanks and Happy Sailing,

Debbie

:)

The Empress of the Seas carries 1,840 passengers.

The Enchantment of the Seas carries 2,446 passengers.

Total of the two is 4,286.

The Freedom of the Seas carries 3,634 passengers.

I was on the Freedom of the Seas when I visited Coco Cay. I posted over fifty pictures in post number five.

Edited by Cuizer2

I've been on three cruises before that were supposed to stop at Coco Cay but didn't due to weather. I've been look forward to finally stopping there in march but became a little concerned when I realized two ships were there the same day, Anthem and Majesty. From what I've read Anthem has a passenger capacity of 4,108 and Majesty carries 2,350. That seems like an awful lot of people on a small island.

I've been on three cruises before that were supposed to stop at Coco Cay but didn't due to weather. I've been look forward to finally stopping there in march but became a little concerned when I realized two ships were there the same day, Anthem and Majesty. From what I've read Anthem has a passenger capacity of 4,108 and Majesty carries 2,350. That seems like an awful lot of people on a small island.

That's unfortunate that your first experience at Coco Cay will have such a large number of guests. However, you should still be able to find a beach lounger if you walk away from the tender area a bit. Lunch will be crowded.