Bring wine onboard

nissach

I just want to make sure I understand it correctly...wine/champagne may be brought on board but it will be charged a corkage fee if consumed pretty much anywhere on the ship?? Restaurants, public areas and stateroom. So there is no limit to how many bottles, but all bottles will be charged the corkage fee I assume as you board?? Is this correct?

Well that is unfortunate. I would have liked to bring a couple of bottles of wine to consume in my room, but does not make it worth it to pay $15.00 per bottle do to that. Oh well :(

If you WANT to drink wine, think again. That $15. + cost of your wine may be a good deal. Wine that costs $10. at a grocery store can easily go for $40-$50 on the ship. If you really don't care about drinking wine onboard (me, usually) then it isn't worth it.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

If you WANT to drink wine, think again. That $15. + cost of your wine may be a good deal. Wine that costs $10. at a grocery store can easily go for $40-$50 on the ship. If you really don't care about drinking wine onboard (me, usually) then it isn't worth it.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Totally agree with you. I was just hoping that NCL was like Carnival and that they allowed 2 bottles per person on board at embarkation...no corkage fee if you consumed in your room. Oh well.

Carnival is 1 bottle per person with no corkage if you drink in your room - though you can pour it in a glass & bring it with you.

NCL is unlimited bottles at $15 each & you can bring the whole bottle anywhere. If you bring to a restaurant and have some left & want to save it for another night or location, they will give you a ticket and store it until you are ready to enjoy it again.

Carnival is 1 bottle per person with no corkage if you drink in your room - though you can pour it in a glass & bring it with you.

NCL is unlimited bottles at $15 each & you can bring the whole bottle anywhere. If you bring to a restaurant and have some left & want to save it for another night or location, they will give you a ticket and store it until you are ready to enjoy it again.

Sorry, right, 2 for a couple is what I should have said.

That is what I liked on Carnival, enjoy a glass in the room and take one with you to the show, etc.

Oh well, different cruise line, different rules.

Edited by nissach

Well that is unfortunate. I would have liked to bring a couple of bottles of wine to consume in my room, but does not make it worth it to pay $15.00 per bottle do to that. Oh well :(

It's a better deal than the wine on board.

A 15$ bottle will cost about 50$ on the ship. You're money ahead paying the corkage.

Sorry, right, 2 for a couple is what I should have said.

That is what I liked on Carnival, enjoy a glass in the room and take one with you to the show, etc.

Oh well, different cruise line, different rules.

As someone who's likes to take more than 2 bottles onboard, I prefer NCL's policy.

It's a better deal than the wine on board.

A 15$ bottle will cost about 50$ on the ship. You're money ahead paying the corkage.

Very true....but now that we have booked and chosen the UDP I don't have to worry about it...I will just order it buy the glass.

The other option, if you still want a bottle in your room, you get 20% off a bottle which you can drink anywhere, unless of course that has changed in the last little while....

We fly into florida, usually late, so, we just buy the Viva Vino package and with the 2 bottles we get as Platinum, it's plenty of wine for us. 4 bottles - $88 (unless it's changed) + grat charge, not a bad deal.... but yes, could be better if your choice of wine is more expensive/higher end.

Cheers,

I have seen a wine list posted somewhere on CC and have seen a few that are suitable for me, so I should be fine when I choose to drink wine.:)

Wine by the glass with beverage package has a limited selection.

There is one, count'em up, one cabernet. I don't remember if there was anything else that wasn't white.

There is one, count'em up, one cabernet. I don't remember if there was anything else that wasn't white.

It is indeed limited but there is something like 8 total red available including Merlots and a blend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did notice that the wine by the glass was limited compared to the list of bottled wines...the lack of red wines is fine by me...I am white wine drinker only and prefer Rieslings, Chardonnays, and even Moscatos.

If I can't find something I like in a wine I will just drink cocktails.:)