[LIVE] From the Serenade of the Seas 2-12 December 2016

VOOM Speed Test Report

Download: 0.35 mbps

Upload: 0.14 mbps

Ping: 654 ms

(http://www.speedtest.net/)

I am unable to upload photos to Photobucket at this time.

That's not good to all and also chop sounds disappointing!! We have booked twice for chops on her in May.

May have to rethink about Voom as pre paid already?

May have to rethink about Voom as pre paid already?

As pitiful as those numbers are, the WiFi is still usable depending on what you are doing. I was on Empress this week, had numbers even worse than that but was able to remote into work and get stuff done. True, if you are getting VOOM to stream your daily dose of Youtube or FB videos it might not go well, but for many things, it's acceptable. - live blogs obviously work fine as evidenced by this thread.

Edited by Biker19

As pitiful as those numbers are, the WiFi is still usable depending on what you are doing. I was on Empress this week, had numbers even worse than that but was able to remote into work and get stuff done. True, if you are getting VOOM to stream your daily dose of Youtube or FB videos it might not go well, but for many things, it's acceptable. - live blogs obviously work fine as evidenced by this thread.

Thanks for that, don't do FB or others, just wanted it to post the odd pic to daughter and family and check on some forums I subscribe to?

So maybe it might able to cope??

Thank you for taking the time to do this review. Your reviews are always 'spot on", and so appreciated. Have been thinking about a cruise on Serenade since we have never sailed on her.

Looking forward to more of your fabulous report and of course the amazing photo's you share!

Wondering about all the children on this cruise though, have you noticed any issues with this?

again, thanks for doing this review!!!!

I was in a sandwich mood at the Windjammer today.

There is always a wide selection of meats & cheeses with all of the trimmings. Some of the sliced lunch meet is called "assorted meats" which reminds me of the "mystery meat" in the school cafeteria years ago. :D

But I was able to create an excellent sandwich and the creamed vegetable soup was excellent.

I also like the salads but as you know, the RCI Greek Salad is my favorite.

DSCN0278_zpsn8cylrm2.jpg

Note to all,

I enjoy doing the reviews!

I know the feeling. Your reports are what got me started doing them as well. Now I am addicted. :D

But I will still send you my thanks for reporting, we are still over a month out from cruising on Rhapsody so you will get me through the next 10 days. :)

Tonight's movie on the Pool Deck is "My Big Fat Greek Wedding."

There were 8 people, including a few kids, watching.

I have always thought the movie screens by the pool were something that seemed like a good idea but never really caught on. I have never seen a bunch of people watching in the evenings.

Jim - So glad you are "on the high seas again"! I love following along your live reviews. Not sure if you remember, I met you years ago, on, I think, the Jewel. We met in the diamond lounge and had several conversations. Always great to follow your reviews.

We will be on this 10 night Serenade sailing on 2/3/17. We were on Serenade this last February, on the 11 night itinerary. We loved going to the Park Cafe for both breakfast and lunch. And those little bags of chips are great by the pool. :D

Hoping you go to Giovanni's and have a great experience. We had planned to go to both Chops and Giovanni's, but not sure now if we will still do Chops. We do have the D+ coupons, so may go ahead and bite the bullet and do them each the 1st & 2nd nights.

Jim - Not sure if you remember, I met you years ago, on, I think, the Jewel.

I think I was with my last wife, Carol, then but I do seem to remember. Losing her really hit me hard as did scattering her ashes from the Freedom of the Seas.

I was younger and not using a walker then too.

I think I was with my last wife, Carol, then but I do seem to remember. Losing her really hit me hard as did scattering her ashes from the Freedom of the Seas.

I was younger and not using a walker then too.

Yes, you are correct. She was a great one, and was sorry to hear of your loss. It's great that you have found Judith and are able to continue to share your cruising with her. Love the "Booty Report" from the Pet Paradise! We have 2 cats, and fortunately, they get to go to Grandma's Pet Paradise!

Hope to be able to cruise again with you one of these times. Enjoyed our conversations we had with you 2!

Enjoy the Serenade. 2 more months for me!