Cabins for family of 4 on Ruby Princess

OC SeaPA

Our family has booked Ruby Princess for a 40th anniversary cruise. When I checked the cabin assigned to our son, daughter-in-law & 2 grandkids it said 1 upper bunk & permanent rollaway cot for 4th person. Knowing how they travel & how small the cabins are (got then a balcony) I was wondering how crowded it would be. Anyone traveled with 4 in a "cot room"?

TA didn't check, but I saw Ruby Princess has a few with 2 upper cots (what they had on another line, but it is a higher catagory, and would loose their "sip & sail" promo if rebooked. Should we try for a rebooking, or go to another line that may be more "family friendly"? Not alot of Mexican Riviera going out of LA these days.

There are some balcony cat. cabins that have 2 upper berths, for example A428. Most are connecting cabins. Search the deck plans. If you already have a balcony cat cabin work with the T.A,. you may be able to switch cabins without losing your promo. It can be worth the try. Another option is to have 1 grandchild in each cabin then you will not require a roll away, just two cabins that have an upper berth. Again work with the T.A..

Edited by sknight

We have had a balcony with a rollaway twice. 4 of us in the cabin.

When it is set up the roll away is jammed up against the sliding glass door.

It is next to impossible to move around in the cabin when set up.

IMO its a major safety issue.

During the day its folded up and put behind the door curtain.

You might want to look at a mini suite.

It's not really a suite per say, just a bigger balcony type room that has a pull out couch and an upper. There are two tv's so the kiddo's can watch what they want and there is plenty of room to move around.

This is the only type of cabin we book for myself, DH and teenage daughter.

It might be more cost effective than two rooms, but with four in a regular balcony room will be really tight.