Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

52 minutes ago, beachbunny6 said:

I believe that the Dr. Von D. Mizell-Eula Johnson State park across the channel from T25 would be an excellent vantage point, because there is a viewing area at the end, near the inlet channel, where Edge will have to pass on her way in to the port.  https://www.floridastateparks.org/sites/default/files/media/file/Mizell-Johnson-brochure.pdf

T25 is on the Intracoastal Waterway side of the port, so this should be a good place to go to see most everything.  

image.thumb.png.4d82b766ee098046106a29d24f08cdab.png

Semi off topic...sorry

I see Public Parking nearby the Terminal...does anyone have info?   Map Says its the mid port lot.That looks close by..

I will try to download this map and inquire on thd Terminal thread as well.   I  may have  confused 25 and 29 ....guess we'll figure it out when we get there,

Edited by hcat

2 minutes ago, hcat said:

Semi off topic...sorry

I see Public Parking nearby the Terminal...does anyone have info?  

I will try to download this map and inquire on thd Terminal thread as well.

Yes, there is parking at the Mid Port garage, however, I do not know how they will handle admission to the Port at the Security Checkpoints for people who are not sailing that day, and therefore do not have Boarding Passes/Passports.  The passport is the easy part... the boarding pass, not so much.

I was thinking of starting a thread about seeing the Edge in FLL (arriving, departing, etc.). I have this satellite view. It shows T25, the park, the bridge, the area where the public often cheers and waves at the ships as they leave the port (I was on early Oasis and Allure cruises and it was quite a thrill to wave as we went through that area - the cowbells, horns, etc. are a great way to start a cruise!) and my hotel with a tower room facing the port (I may or may not see the Edge).

1654952597_satelliteviewxx.thumb.jpg.8f3aacb9de7dd6dfe26b052e4bbefe0f.jpg

Edited by vtcruising

2 minutes ago, MVPinBoynton said:

Thanks, but that is the old  2016 map.  The new one has the changes that were done when T25 was built for X.  As you can see, T21 and T25 are the only ones now on that eastern leg of the "U" on the new one.  Can you get a link to the current one?  I would love to have it, since the one I have is so small and harder to read.  Thanks!!

Hopefully, we will get a definitive arrival time so we can see her arrive.  That park looks like a great place to see everything.  When the Oasis first arrived, I had to go into the backyard of a vacant house that was for sale to get pics.  The park will be much better.

Just now, MVPinBoynton said:

Hopefully, we will get a definitive arrival time so we can see her arrive.  That park looks like a great place to see everything.  When the Oasis first arrived, I had to go into the backyard of a vacant house that was for sale to get pics.  The park will be much better.

And a lot safer, too, since you won't stand a chance of getting arrested for trespassing!  :classic_ninja:

6 minutes ago, beachbunny6 said:

Thanks, but that is the old  2016 map.  The new one has the changes that were done when T25 was built for X.  As you can see, T21 and T25 are the only ones now on that eastern leg of the "U" on the new one.  Can you get a link to the current one?  I would love to have it, since the one I have is so small and harder to read.  Thanks!!

Here is a link to the guide that I believe you are talking about.  https://en.calameo.com/read/0046735382565e1f779ac

I would have thought that the Port Everglades site would have had the most up to date info, but it didn't.

1 minute ago, gottacruisemore said:

I also found this especially cool.

Me too, but I got a little nervous about a bottle of wine falling and hitting me in the head. Oh well, maybe they would let me sail the Edge free for life... :classic_wink:

I do think that stairway, with the pendulum, is going to be an amazing focal point for that part of the ship.

2 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Me too, but I got a little nervous about a bottle of wine falling and hitting me in the head. Oh well, maybe they would let me sail the Edge free for life... :classic_wink:

I do think that stairway, with the pendulum, is going to be an amazing focal point for that part of the ship.

I agree with both!  I wonder if rough seas will affect the pendulum in an adverse way.  Time will tell!

Just now, beachbunny6 said:

I agree with both!  I wonder if rough seas will affect the pendulum in an adverse way.  Time will tell!

I the press release they said that it was designed to move with the ship and would show the motion of the ocean (or something like that). :classic_smile:

2 hours ago, beachbunny6 said:

Yes, there is parking at the Mid Port garage, however, I do not know how they will handle admission to the Port at the Security Checkpoints for people who are not sailing that day, and therefore do not have Boarding Passes/Passports.  The passport is the easy part... the boarding pass, not so much.

I am only going there for my cruise in Jan.. not to watch the ship come in or leave....will watch on port cams and videos that are posted

Thanks to all for all the maps and helpful port guide in recent posts!

Edited by hcat

2 hours ago, Mcampo said:

Alright, who has a guess where this is going? 

E6CC09C1-F083-465A-A14E-EC3F77404585.jpeg

Maybe the Resort Deck? The Retreat gets a hippie van and the Resort Deck gets a magnificent horse? :classic_wink:

So many potential places... Rooftop Garden as part of the giant chess set, near the Pendulum Stairway, in the Art Gallery or in the Grand Plaza as C-Dragons said (much like the fancy cars seen on the Promenade on Royal). I'm kind of hoping to find out onboard, much like if the hippie van is there - a few surprises would be fun. :classic_smile:

15 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Maybe the Resort Deck? The Retreat gets a hippie van and the Resort Deck gets a magnificent horse? :classic_wink:

So many potential places... Rooftop Garden as part of the giant chess set, near the Pendulum Stairway, in the Art Gallery or in the Grand Plaza as C-Dragons said (much like the fancy cars seen on the Promenade on Royal). I'm kind of hoping to find out onboard, much like if the hippie van is there - a few surprises would be fun. :classic_smile:

Or, much like the large works of art in the Grand Foyers on the S-class ships. 😁

4 hours ago, lola2013 said:

One of the reasons we booked the preview cruise was because I'd already be in Ft. Lauderdale visiting family for Thanksgiving.  That part of the plan hasn't changed so at the very least I'm hoping to see a glimpse of the Edge when I fly into FLL on November 20...and then drive past the port on my way out of the airport.  Not knowing where the new terminal will be might make that tough!

I have a Med cruise booked for next May (wishing our group could afford the Edge for that trip) so that will have to hold me over until next December!

Happy Friday :classic_smile:

Susan

17 St bridge will probably be your best chance to see Edge.