Why is there such an issue with Navigator embarkation in Miami?

Happened to look at my cruise docs for next month and page 3 says:

Guests staying with us in a Suite, as well as our loyal Crown and Anchor Members and guests arriving by air on 03 JAN 2017

are invited to check in at their leisure between 11:30 PM and 4:00 PM

Troy?

now yours indicates all C&A Members may check in at their leisure.

But it doesn't say board... but makes no sense at all... if 70% of the ship is allowed to check in at their leisure.... what good does it do to board by deck number.... not enough room to hold all those people

Edited by troykahack

...especially in a tent.;)

For this sailing however, I think Navigator will use terminal G since there are only 4 other smaller ships that day.

I looked back at my two emails where Royal asked us to board by deck number and it didn't mention Suites or C&A. Not sure I have ever read the cruise docs.... LOL

Hello, this is Royal Caribbean International. We are contacting you with important information regarding your upcoming sailing on Enchantment of the Seas on September 26.

In order to facilitate the check-in process, we kindly ask you to check in online at http://www.royalcaribbean.com/onlinecheckin if you have not done so already.

We, at Royal Caribbean International, want your vacation to get off on a wonderful start and in order to facilitate your check-in process, ask that you arrive at the cruise terminal according to the following designated times. This will help ensure a smooth embarkation experience so that you can begin your vacation as soon as possible:

· Deck 8: 11:30 AM to 12:00 PM

· Deck 7: 12:00 PM to 12:30 PM

· Deck 4: 12:30 PM to 1:00 PM

· Deck 3: 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM

· Deck 2: 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM

Enchantment of the Seas sets sail at 4:00 PM, and as a reminder all guests must be checked in no later than 60 minutes prior to sail time.

We appreciate your assistance and look forward to welcoming you onboard Enchantment of the Seas.

I hope you meant to write 2017 and not 2116 as that cruise has been over for quite some time.Being Navigator is the only RCCL ship in that day it will most likely be at the RCCL terminal G, the first terminal or the one closest to Miami downtown.

Celebrity Silhouette was in with Navigator on Nov.27th and it was assigned that terminal.

Actually...a cruise in 2116 would have a countdown of just under 99 years.

:eek: :D

Happened to look at my cruise docs for next month and page 3 says:

Troy?

3:30 to 4 pm for the lowest deck? What time is the ship scheduled to depart?

And what time is muster?

90 minutes before hand is the rule to be on board. :confused:

3:30 to 4 pm for the lowest deck? What time is the ship scheduled to depart?

And what time is muster?

90 minutes before hand is the rule to be on board. :confused:

That is a bit odd - 5PM sailing and muster will likely be around 3:30.:eek:

Just got home from the B2B on the navigator. Total fail on Nov 27. Got to the dock at 1pm didn't get on board till 4:15. It was our 50th cruise with royal. There were no boarding pictures (they took them away before 3 pm) No one from royal helping with the line or telling us where to drop of checked baggage.

No one passing out water till almost 3 pm. No where for handicapped to sit (except for concrete barriers)

Multiple problems all week scoring 0's for everything but wait staff and stateroom attendant. Second half of B2B was better but far from a 10. Surprise USPHS inspection while in PR. 11/30. Heard they failed (can't confirm yet)

Embarkation on the 12/4 sailing was a bit harried. Check in didn't start until around 1 pm and as a result, lines were super long. We attribute the issue to 1) the terminal being understaffed and 2) a certain "bottleneck" hallway that everyone has to go through before reaching the tiered check-in queues.

If you are Diamond or above, or traveling in a JS or above, you may want to consider walking past the line and directly to the designated Diamond/Suite check-in areas. We did this and the RCL representative motioned us to enter our appropriate queue.

We're just off the Dec.4-9 sentence ....er, trip I mean, on the navigator.

Boarding , or embarkation - whatever it's called was a PAIN! We got out of the cab at the pier at 11:30am, lined up, & waited , waited waited...Finally got thru & set foot on the baot at 1:10pm. You figure out how LONG that was! (only bit of fun was when a fight nearly broke out cause someone tried to skip the line)

Hasn't rci been in this business for a while? & doing this week in & week out?

Why the heck cant they figure it out??? Poor, poor way to start you're "vacation". FWIW ... wed did a cruise on REGAL PRINCESS back in April and the boarding seem to be a breeze .... they had agents at the check-in counters waiting FOR US!!!

Edited by jargey3000

If you are Diamond or above, or traveling in a JS or above, you may want to consider walking past the line and directly to the designated Diamond/Suite check-in areas. We did this and the RCL representative motioned us to enter our appropriate queue.

This is the information I've been waiting for ! Thank you !!

So there IS an expedited onboarding for Suites ? How do you walk "past the line" ? Is there a way to determine where to go ? Is there an expedited security line for high level C&A and Suites or just expedited once you get through security ?

I don't want to cut in line if there is no special expedition for Suites but I certainly DO want to make my way to the right area if there is one.

Thank you !

This is the information I've been waiting for ! Thank you !!

So there IS an expedited onboarding for Suites ? How do you walk "past the line" ? Is there a way to determine where to go ? Is there an expedited security line for high level C&A and Suites or just expedited once you get through security ?

I don't want to cut in line if there is no special expedition for Suites but I certainly DO want to make my way to the right area if there is one.

Thank you !

When you arrive at Terminal G, walk to the two pairs of double doors that lead you into the terminal and just before security. The set of doors on the left are designated for Diamonds (and higher) and suites.

After security, you'll then be in a long, narrow hallway. Walk past (or cut, rather) the line to the main area of the terminal. This is where you will see the designated check-in queues for Diamonds, suites, etc. Flash your boarding documents (Set Sail Pass) to the RCL rep and enter the appropriate queue.

Edited by Nado44

When you arrive at Terminal G, walk to the two pairs of double doors that lead you into the terminal and just before security. The set of doors on the left are designated for Diamonds (and higher) and suites.

After security, you'll then be in a long, narrow hallway. Walk past (or cut, rather) the line to the main area of the terminal. This is where you will see the designated check-in queues for Diamonds, suites, etc. Flash your boarding documents (Set Sail Pass) to the RCL rep and enter the appropriate queue.

What if it is at the Tent????

Waiting to hear from John about today's boarding for Laura. We personally didn't like anything about Miami's port. We will be hesitant to book Miami again. Poor in port parking. Just different experience than other Ports

Edited by troykahack

I boarded the Navi on the 9th. Terminal G, we arrived at 11:30 and were on ship by noon. We do have a suite which allowed us to bypass some of the line for the metal detectors and then again for check in/getting sea pass card. I was very relieved there was no tent fiasco for us....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What if it is at the Tent????

Waiting to hear from John about today's boarding for Laura. We personally didn't like anything about Miami's port. We will be hesitant to book Miami again. Poor in port parking. Just different experience than other Ports

I guess the tent is the scenario that I am interested in too.

Is there a way for Suites to be expedited if we are presented with the TENT...which seems highly likely given that there will be 7 ships in Miami that morning and NAVI seems to consistently draw the short straw in the high ship environment.

Any idea when the new terminal will be ready? We're sailing 3/17/17 and there are 5 ships in Miami that day, including Enchantment. It seems the smaller ship would be better served by a makeshift terminal than the bigger one.

We are also on the 3/17/17 sailing and just gearing up on the travel logistics for arrival.

Thanks for all of the information here, and sorry folks are having tough times. My read here is that it's just Miami, regardless of terminal or tent there seems to be problems. Also, doesn't seem to matter if there is one ship in port or 5. Is that a fair assessment?

We are also on the 3/17/17 sailing and just gearing up on the travel logistics for arrival.

Thanks for all of the information here, and sorry folks are having tough times. My read here is that it's just Miami, regardless of terminal or tent there seems to be problems. Also, doesn't seem to matter if there is one ship in port or 5. Is that a fair assessment?

I've sailed out of Miami multiple times and don't remember much in the way of issues. When we boarded 12/9/16, the only hiccup had to do with the escalator taking you from ID check up to the metal detectors. I guess things were slow going thru the metal detectors so the queue at the top of the escalator backed up. They had to intermittently stop people from boarding the escalator so there was no pile up at the top. People sometimes aren't quick to move away from the top of the escalator so we had a near miss with a pile up as I came up.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I sailed on Empress from the terminal that Royal frequents, the last one of the huge long line of terminals, closest to the city. Boarding took about 25 minutes, but getting our bags and customs after the cruise took over an hour. Empress only holds 1800 people, so I can only imagine what it is like when Navigator is there, or even worse, when I'm on the MSC Divina there in August...

Definitely budget some time to wait/stand in line. If you do end up at the terminal building and not the tent, there will be wifi and toilets, which is convenient.

Edited by OceansOfTravels

• 3 weeks later...

The email sent to me lists boarding times by decks but also states "We invite our Suite, Pinnacle, Diamond Plus, Diamond, Emerald, and Platinum guests to arrive anytime between 11:30 and 4:00 PM".

Guess I'll look past the long lines to figure out if there are also designated lines by Crown & Anchor level besides Diamond and suites.