New Tapas Menu Comes to Oceania Cruises

LauraS

As someone who is eagerly anticipating her first Oceania cruise, these snacks seem a very nice addition to the food options offered.

Not sure they can be described as tapas though although I am sure they will taste delicious.

A while ago Azamara introduced tapas which are available from about 5pm. Perhaps Oceania might consider serving their offerings a little earlier in the evening too.

Waves (the pool restaurant) closes at 4pm, so if the Tapas idea is supposed to fill in that void, it will probably start then.

Since Waves by the pool was mentioned - does anyone know if the Waves Bar near the pool is typically open in the evenings? On a recent Adriatic cruise on Marina it wasn't and I was wondering if that was unusual.

In particular we will be on a TA in March and sometimes it's nice to have a casual drink under the stars.

Since Waves by the pool was mentioned - does anyone know if the Waves Bar near the pool is typically open in the evenings? On a recent Adriatic cruise on Marina it wasn't and I was wondering if that was unusual.

In particular we will be on a TA in March and sometimes it's nice to have a casual drink under the stars.

Waves Bar on all ships closes around 5PM.

I hope they don't have the standard pig's leg on a stand [must be some Spanish term for this] since grosses my wife out.

Not likely, although they do have it often for the special brunches.

It's called prosciutto and it's a delicacy. It's nice when it's fresh; sometimes it's a bit dry.

Edited by Paulchili

Not likely, although they do have it often for the special brunches.

It's called prosciutto and it's a delicacy. It's nice when it's fresh; sometimes it's a bit dry.

maybe it is Jamón Ibérico from Spain ;)

Prosciutto is Italian cured ham

Short of setting a time limit, which would be equally unsuitable (Who gets the tables nearest the railing, who gets sunset?), I don't see what else they could possibly do.

I certainly wouldn't want to see the aft terrace expanded

234841.jpg That never goes well...

That would be great if you wanted to land your helicopter on it. Of course it would have to be between breakfast and lunch and dinner service.:D:D:D

maybe it is Jamón Ibérico from Spain ;)

Prosciutto is Italian cured ham

Correct.Iberico is Spanish/Portugese borders,usually a black pig.Serrano is from mountainous southern,western Spain.Iberico is the tastiest and most expensive due to the breed of pig,it's diet,it's regulated land mass and its lengthy curing time.But Serrano is very popular for tapas too.Both thinly sliced on a plate with a dash of very good olive oil and homemade bread.....Now that's a good tapa.

• 3 months later...