Passport Stamps

thecosmicmuffin

We will be sailing (riding? ) on the Escape on the DEC 24th voyage for our honeymoon which includes two foreign stops in the BVI and Bahamas. I have been told that you do not need to bring your passport with you when you leave the boat as there is some deal between the cruise lines and these countries. Is it still possible for us to get stamps on our passports? If so how and where do we get them?

We will be sailing (riding? ) on the Escape on the DEC 24th voyage for our honeymoon which includes two foreign stops in the BVI and Bahamas. I have been told that you do not need to bring your passport with you when you leave the boat as there is some deal between the cruise lines and these countries. Is it still possible for us to get stamps on our passports? If so how and where do we get them?

Remember that there are a limited number of pages in your passport, if you fill them up you have to get a new one, you can't add any more pages. IMO it is best to keep it for places that actually require you to present it to be stamped, than it is to get unnecessary stamps.

Was just on this EPIC route and completely forget about a passport stamp in BVI. Bummer.

Remember that there are a limited number of pages in your passport, if you fill them up you have to get a new one, you can't add any more pages. IMO it is best to keep it for places that actually require you to present it to be stamped, than it is to get unnecessary stamps.

I wish I traveled enough to have that be an issue!

In BVI (Road Town) - you walk downtown and there is an customs/immigration building for incoming ferries. They'll do it there for free.

In Nassau, after you walk off the pier there is an information booth - ask them. They'll get a guard to let you into the immigration building right beside the market - down a hallway, and to a room where you can get a stamp.

Have fun.

IMO it is best to get a stamp of anywhere you go, if you want one. It's a nice souvenir. I love flipping back through my old (sometimes full) passports and remembering trips.

This is good advise, as you never know what your future travel plans may hold. A few years ago I found myself unexpectedly traveling quite extensively throughout Africa, there were some countries that would not allow you entrance unless you had 4 blank pages in your passport, had I wasted pages with anther stamp from Nassau Bahamas it may have been an unwanted/unnecessary issue.

This is good advise, as you never know what your future travel plans may hold. A few years ago I found myself unexpectedly traveling quite extensively throughout Africa, there were some countries that would not allow you entrance unless you had 4 blank pages in your passport, had I wasted pages with anther stamp from Nassau Bahamas it may have been an unwanted/unnecessary issue.

I love stamps on a passport but not enough to hunt them down.

Many aircrew, use a small piece of Scotch tape to open the passport to the appropriate page. It avoids wasted pages.

I think my last passport has 50 pages. I have travelled however it is Stamp less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meh. Big deal. When my passport fills up I just get another one. No biggie. BTW I think the OP was asking about where to get stamps. Asked, and answered..

Has this changed? My current passport was issued in Nov 2008; I had additional pages added in 2012. I had to get a Chinese visa, and the service I used also added the pages for about $40.

Has this changed? My current passport was issued in Nov 2008; I had additional pages added in 2012. I had to get a Chinese visa, and the service I used also added the pages for about $40.

https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/news/visa-pages-no-longer-issued.html

No longer possible for US or Canadian passports. Probably elsewhere in the world as well.

• 7 months later...

I want to thank OzCanuck for detail directions. I'm traveling with my parents. My mom & dad have never had passports. I told them they could go on the cruise with just their birth certificate but I prefer they get passports. My dad was pretty excited to get his. My brother travels globally very frequently and my dad was just recently admiring the stamps in his passport. We were talking about the cruise and he proudly said, I'll get two in mine. He looked very disappointed when I told him they don't stamp on cruises. So I thought I would research and find if it's possible to get his stamped. I screen shot the info and will keep it in mind when we are there.

On their anniversary they will be happy to remember their honeymoon with those stamps. If newlyweds manage to fill their passports, then they are very lucky to have traveled so much, can probably afford a new passport.

St. Thomas USVI the post office 2 blocks from the ship will stamp for free.

If you can fill your passport with stamps. I'm pretty sure the valuable memory's will be worth a lot more than the lousy hundred dollar replacement cost for a new book.

P.S. there is a new 52 page version available for the frequent traveler.