Turkey Itinerary Changes?

cruisinsouis

This news just coming in.......

ISTANBUL - An explosion outside an Istanbul football stadium that wounded around 20 people on Saturday 12/10/2016 was a terrorist attack, Turkish Transport Minister Ahmet Arslan said on Twitter. Updated 13 dead.

I think this is a good reason why the cruise lines aren't stopping in Turkey!!!

Tony

We are looking at either a 21 day or 28 day Med cruise which make for some strange combo of ports.

It seemed like they were all comprised of 7 day cruises.

Exactly. On the Majestic 4/30-5/14, 2 ports, Kusadasi and Valetta, replaced with 1 port, the 2nd stop in Kotor. I would have thought both original ports would be replaced. Too bad Dubrovnik wasn't added.

Exactly. On the Majestic 4/30-5/14, 2 ports, Kusadasi and Valetta, replaced with 1 port, the 2nd stop in Kotor. I would have thought both original ports would be replaced. Too bad Dubrovnik wasn't added.

I agree. I would love to visit Dubrovnik instead of going to Kotor twice. I am very excited to go to Kotor once, just would like to see something else as well.

I agree. I would love to visit Dubrovnik instead of going to Kotor twice. I am very excited to go to Kotor once, just would like to see something else as well.

I read somewhere that the ships have to visit one non-EU country per itinerary. Turkey is non-EU, Kotor (Montenegro) is non-EU, but Dubrovnik (Croatia) is EU. Also many longer Med cruises are also sold as smaller sectors, and the non-EU requirement is per sector. I imagine a lot more cruise ships will be going to Kotor. :eek: