Is it worth upgrading?

Living4acruise2day

I have a C2 cabin on deck 8. It is 194sq.ft. I am not sure how big the balcony is. I see a cabin "concierge" is not that much more $ on deck 10, but the cabin is the same size. Is there any advantage to upgrading? I realize I will be two decks higher, but this does not really matter to me.

Edited by Living4acruise2day
edit.

I don't see any reason to move. Same cabin, same amenities.

You didn't mention what ship you are on but the Reflection has the Hideway that is very convient from deck 8- good place to get a cup of coffee in the a.m. The Solstice, Equinox & Eclipse didn't have this when we sailed them last. Haven't been on the Sihouette.

The biggest benefit (for me) is the extra captain club points. And the balcony footstool. If you have a beverage package then the welcome wine doesn't matter. The embarkation lunch is OK.

OP said she was in C2 which is a Coceigre cabin so she would have the points, footstools and wine.

If the cabin is actually a 2C then you have made the move more appealing.

Hi - my response is totally from an emotional perspective, so you can take it with a grain of salt.

On our last Celebrity cruise, I upgraded us from a balcony stateroom to Concierge as a surprise for my DH. I wanted him to feel special for this cruise.

There was a special check-in line for Concierge. There was a special embarkation luncheon for Concierge. There was a special person on our deck, the Concierge Concierge, to help us with dinner reservations and anything else we needed. (We used her a lot.) There were special afternoon hors d'oeuvres for Concierge. (OK, they weren't that special, but folks in balcony staterooms didn't get them and we were able to request specifically what we wanted from the Concierge Concierge.) We got a special Celebrity bag for being Concierge. There was a special disembarkation lounge for Concierge.

My DH felt special - success !!

Hope you have a wonderful cruise of a life time with your mom.

Edited by MarKay525

I have a C2 cabin on deck 8. <snip>

OP said she was in C2 which is a Concierge cabin<snip>

If the cabin is actually a 2C then you have made the move more appealing.

Just noticed on the deck plans - there are no C2 staterooms on Deck 8 of the Equinox. Deck 8 has 1A, 1B and 1C, which are all deluxe ocean view veranda with balcony staterooms. The 1As have larger balconies as they are on the "angle." The 2C deluxe ocean view veranda with balcony staterooms are on Deck 6 just above the lifeboats.

Deck 10 has almost all Concierge staterooms - C1 & C2 & C3. The C2s have larger balconies as they are on the "angle."

I guess this is just a matter of personal taste, but we were on Concierge level on our last cruise, and for the extra cost we did not feel it was worth it.

The afternoon nibbles were nothing much at all, the sail away lunch only had two choices and took forever, buffet would have more choices and quicker. Separate lines were nice but getting on board 10 minutes quicker was no big deal.

The robes were nicer, and the dedicated concierge was a nice touch but nothing you couldn't do over the phone elsewhere.

If you are willing to spend the extra to feel a little special then by all means go for it

It is actually sparkling wine which should be in your CC cabin when you arrive.

On our recent cruise the sparkling wine was not in the cabin when we arrived. When our cabin steward came to introduce himself he said that they were no longer putting in the room. He told us to let him know when we wanted it & he would chill it & bring it to us. He reminded us a couple of times during the cruise that our wine was waiting for us. On the last day on our way to breakfast we told him we would like our wine that late afternoon. Sure thing he arrived at 4 with our chilled wine.