Table for 12

rid891

Going on Freedom with Six couples and doing MTD. Has anyone ever been able to secure a table for that many? And with a group that size what is the best time to plan for dinner. Any info would be great

I've seen a few tables for 12, though I don't know how many are in MTD. I'd probably try to get traditional dining with a group that large.

You might do better with 2 tables for 6 next to each other. That is definitely "do-able" at any time, I should think. It's also fun to switch around each night if you want, talk to different people.

Having said that, now I do recall sitting at a very large table in MTD (10 or 12). It was great, but we could really only converse with those closest to us.

Largest i ever saw in MTD was a round 10 top. Cannot fit 12 adults there. In fact it is tight with 10 and some are kids. You may have to request 2 6 tops next to each other

You would need to make reservations every night at basically the same time.. when it first starts or towards the end,

Otherwise, get traditional dining

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Going on Freedom with Six couples and doing MTD. Has anyone ever been able to secure a table for that many? And with a group that size what is the best time to plan for dinner. Any info would be great

You will have better chance on second seating with 2 adjacent tables for 6.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I traveled with family on Adventure this past summer. There were 12 of us, all signed up for my time dining. We had all 5 reservation numbers linked. I was unable to reserve for 12 via the website or by emailing RCL dining. They offered no suggestions. They emailed me to say that my request could not be accommodated due to the size of our party.

Prior to our sailing, I made reservations online for one 10 person table and one 2 top. When we arrived on the ship, I immediately went to the my time dining reservation desk at the entrance of the dining room and explained the situation. They were more than happy to accommodate our group. They did ask that we arrive at the same time each night. We had previously reserved 6:30. We had the same table and dining staff each night. Our table was a 10 top with a 2 top pushed up to it. We rotated our seating each night so that no one sat next to the same people each night.

It worked out great for us. If I had to do it over again, I would do it the same way. You will need all of your party's cabin numbers when you go to the reservation desk. It also helps to have your reservation numbers linked and have a ten top reserved ahead of time.

Edited by khm1

We just got off Oasis with 12 people...we originally had MTD but worried about wait times, so we switched to the late seating (early seating was no longer available) and we had a large 12 person table for all of us. It was really nice...I'm glad we switched (although my kids were definitely tired by the time dinner was over!).

We just had a table for 12, MDR, second seating. It was 2 round tables with a board across and then the difference in height padded out with cloths. Not brilliant, but it worked. We moved around every night so you got to interact with different people and no one got the "humpy bit" all the time.

Send an email to rcldining...contrary to a prior post (and probably depends on the ship) I had a group in five cabins, all linked, but needed all 12 of us together for dinner. I emailed rcldining and they responded in a couple days. They contacted the ship and ensured we would all be seated together - and we were...12 adults...

They do have tables that will fit 12. Traditional seating is really best for a large group...the table is waiting just for your group! With MTD, it's like a restaurant...someone can be at your table and linger...throwing your plans into disarray.

Yes, anything possible but not necessarily possible. We had 5 couples and 1 single last cruise on Serenade. We were able to get a table to accommodate us. However, our seating time was 5:15, which was a bit early for SO and myself. Also, we were not in the main dining area, but in the card room. I would get to the MDR as early as possible after boarding.

Edited by troykahack

I've seen a few tables for 12, though I don't know how many are in MTD. I'd probably try to get traditional dining with a group that large.

Seconding: Traditional works much better for groups that size, and yes 12-tops happen. It may be four per side and two around the curve of the end, but it'll work.