Live from the Freedom of the Seas 8 Day Sailing - Dec 10, 2016

Kcjarvis

It was really crowded at 11am

8347083644ca60c8dee861866f547ab6.jpg

10 mins from door to ding

8dd84684c7a314ccf9b07374a123bdd0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I really really hope its this quick for me on the Jan 29th sailing. Last year same time same port and terminal(29). I was on a 6 night on NotS, and it took almost 2 hours, and we got there at 10am :mad:

We will be on this cruise too! Driving down from Fernandina Beach, FL right now. See you tomorrow!

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

While I am very envious of Ken in the short term, you are the target of my slightly longer term goals. Looking forward to retiring to Amelia Island and making the drives to Port Canaveral, Port Everglades, and Miami on a regular basis.

Edited by bobmacliberty

Good morning Mr. Jarvis,Cool Cruiser:

Many thanks for your report on FOS on which we will be sailing Dec 18 cruise.

We are looking forward to REALLY have an up to date review of the ship, especially with MDR selections and Windjammer service etc.

Do they really serve smoked salmon in the Windjammer or MDR ?? Noted that embarking in Ft Lauderdale went smooth without many lines around 11:00 am.

Stay well and have a great cruise

Looking forward to next report

The Kids

Ten months ago a "cracked" writing unit was sent to the basement, after a tribunal of significant others and spouses declared that there was excessive CCing and periscoping - a crime they didn't commit. These men occasionally escape from their maximum security stockade, to the cruise world underground. Today, still wanted by their work, they survive as cruisers of fortune. If you have a the winter blahs and need a laugh, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can follow

45ce40eaaa526058c2d00963bc3da342.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Oh my gosh! So funny! I really don't know how you think of these things Andrew.

My son really liked this when I shared this with him. He just recently started watching the "A Team" on Netflix.

Thanks for the live review Ken, looking forward to it. Will have to follow along on Periscope!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We got up at 7:30am and discovered great Florida weather

5e70b8d88799dcf7049eedbf465a8127.jpg

Time for a pre-cruise breakfast

4ba141d38f760f964d147c5c6dea9189.jpg

f5371d4de19efff26ecfda85ca8a5a7e.jpg

Then headed to the port to drop off the luggage, then to FLL to drop off the rental car.

5550a14dfa133e77ea181e9587be7947.jpg

It was really crowded at 11am

8347083644ca60c8dee861866f547ab6.jpg

10 mins from door to ding

8dd84684c7a314ccf9b07374a123bdd0.jpg

We'll be boarding in six weeks and I plan to do the same, drop the gang and luggage and then return the car. How long did it take you to get back to the ship. Did you take a taxi or a shuttle back?

Oh my gosh! So funny! I really don't know how you think of these things Andrew.

My son really liked this when I shared this with him. He just recently started watching the "A Team" on Netflix.

Thanks for the live review Ken, looking forward to it. Will have to follow along on Periscope!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Lisa might beg to differ. When she says "I really don't know how you think of these things", I can guarantee it is not in the same context as yours.:D

Quick update - Freedom service levels are far superior to Navigator. I will work to have the Live portion of this review up to date by Day 4. Hahah Thanks for following along on CC and Periscope.

I will be interested to hear the comparison when you have the chance. Enjoy the night Ken.:)

Quick update - Freedom service levels are far superior to Navigator. I will work to have the Live portion of this review up to date by Day 4. Hahah Thanks for following along on CC and Periscope.

Glad to hear that, and thanks for taking us along ... again!:)

On board by 11:30am, we hung out in the Diamond Lounge until our cabin was ready, in keeping with tradition, the coffee machine in the DL is broken. No worries. CL machine is functioning.....for now. At 1pm we headed to Owner's Suite 1320.

30809272013_7001e89165_c.jpg

WOW!!!!!! Welcome gifts from the Hotel Director, C&A and our TA

31503365831_9dd142f01e_c.jpg

31246761920_87af996646_c.jpg

31472180632_aab34551a1_c.jpg

30809485743_9763ee6a5b_c.jpg

Goodbye shortbread, hello freshly baked

31246761450_1394860576_c.jpg