On board Island stolen Christmas decorations

Bettyboop66

Just wanted to let others know that are planning to decornate their cabin doors for the holidays what happened to us. We're sailing 15 days going through the Panama Canal and last night someone stole our Santa decoration from the door. I've been on so many cruises during December and have loved seeing the doors decorated. It's just sad that someone felt the need to take Santa. Maybe they'll leave the rest of the decorations alone that are on my door. Other than that, having a great cruise. I'll try and do a review when we get home.

Edited by Bettyboop66

Just wanted to let others know that are planning to decornate their cabin doors for the holidays what happened to us. We're sailing 15 days going through the Panama Canal and last night someone stole our Santa decoration from the door.

Happened to me as well, a few years ago on Emerald.

Passengers on ships aren't universally wonderful.

They are pretty much like every-day people on land.

I of course do not know what your decorations looked like compared to others, but I know on CCL that they have been removing door decorations deemed flammable or a fire hazard, for what it's worth, which may be nothing. Just wanted to let you know.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I of course do not know what your decorations looked like compared to others, but I know on CCL that they have been removing door decorations deemed flammable or a fire hazard, for what it's worth, which may be nothing. Just wanted to let you know.

Totally makes since to me, however if this was the case I think the representative who took the "fire hazard" off the door should, and would let the PAX know.

If they did that, I am sure that they would notify you.

DON

Excellent point, Christmas decorations may pose a fire problem on the ship. Would not be surprised to see the ship's crew remove them, although I would expect that they would post a notice in the passenger's room.

Onboard the Island, there was a lovely decoration on one of the doors and while housekeeping was wheeling her cart by the door her broom handle knocked the décor off the door. We all tried to figure out which door it came off of [since there were a few with decorations on them.] The decor made it to the housekeepers cart but I doubt if it's original home was ever found.

Sometimes these things are true accidents and not intended to be taken at all!

I will take some fishing line and tie it inside to something that makes a noise. maybe a fire siren. Then when they steal my door hanging I will hear the siren and jump off the balcony.

What ship are you on and what room are you in?

The Grinch ! :(

It seems nothing is safe anyplace or anytime.

Sorry this happened to you. I hope they, whomever took it feels real good and every time they look at your Santa it is a reminder they stole it.

Find those sorta of people every where.