What's with the advertisements?!!

Playtennis

Have seen a number of ads published on the CC boards recently. Is CC generating revenue or are these spams?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Its all part of normal advertising... holiday periods when people tent to want to spend... Keeping your company name fresh in your markets eyes is a tried and true strategy....

These appear as a start of a new thread. Here are titles that I see right now:

From Tips.life "12 Cancer Causing Food You May Be Eating Daily!"

From Sprint. "Switch your number to Sprint and Save 50%"

One appears on the Oceania board and the other on the roll call list for Regatta.

Two others that I noticed today have already disappeared.

These are NOT pop up ads! They are buried in the CC blogs

I do not see them on my computer but only on my iPhone.

Edited by Playtennis

These appear as a start of a new thread. Here are titles that I see right now:

From Tips.life "12 Cancer Causing Food You May Be Eating Daily!"

From Sprint. "Switch your number to Sprint and Save 50%"

One appears on the Oceania board and the other on the roll call list for Regatta.

Two others that I noticed today have already disappeared.

These are NOT pop up ads! They are buried in the CC blogs

I do not see them on my computer but only on my iPhone.

The terminology may be strained, but they ARE pop up ads, in that the version of the App which the phone user installed is supported by showing advertising.

Nothing is for nothing "in the cyber" :p

You should blame CC -- since they are using the cookies stored on your computer to generate ads that are more relevant to your browsing history.

First get a good AV program and run it regularly to get rid of the tracking cookies.

Two get an adblocker to block the ads.

You should blame CC -- since they are using the cookies stored on your computer to generate ads that are more relevant to your browsing history.

First get a good AV program and run it regularly to get rid of the tracking cookies.

Two get an adblocker to block the ads.

I have an add from Uber and I have never used them not do I have their app on my phone. Not sure how this relates to my browsing history.

While it is difficult to prove a negative, since CC has not responded to this thread you could be correct about blaming CC.

Along with these ads I just received a mailing that used my military title in the address. THAT is definitely off a mailing list that the organization bought since it is a very non-military source.

While it is difficult to prove a negative, since CC has not responded to this thread you could be correct about blaming CC.

I do not think you will get a reply from CC just posting here

If you want to contact them with your questions there is a link at the bottom "contact Us"

I have not looked but I will bet when we signed up to use CC (free by the by) there was probably something about advertising in the agreement to use CC

This is how many online forums etc... can stay in business & yes CC is a business

JMO

Edited by LHT28

To me it looks like hose ads that are interspersed with the posts are a 'feature'.

Try using a browser not a separate application. I *know* that is not the modern way.

At a later date CC might introduce more ads in their original interface but so far they are not nearly as intruding as those are that you are seeing. And one day there might be a survey from CC that asks, "why are you not using our app" and you would have a valuable response.

Edited by YoHoHo