MDR special foods in the Buffet?

jimdod

On formal nights I find that they have some foods that are not found in the buffet. Things like Escargot. What I heard is that you can ask for them in the buffet and they will get it for you. Anyone ever experience this?

We always need dinner in the diningroom, so have not tried to ask for any special at dinner time in the buffet.

But have asked for items not on the buffet at lunch time...if they had them they would get them for us. Take a while but not an issue for us.

Does not hurt ask...

Should be plenty of escargot to go around. On our last two cruises we were the only people at our table (both times a table for 8) who ordered the escargot. The other people were not at all interested in putting snails in their mouths. Their loss... :rolleyes:

On formal nights I find that they have some foods that are not found in the buffet. Things like Escargot. What I heard is that you can ask for them in the buffet and they will get it for you. Anyone ever experience this?

I once asked for tiger prawn but was told there was none.

Should be plenty of escargot to go around. On our last two cruises we were the only people at our table (both times a table for 8) who ordered the escargot. The other people were not at all interested in putting snails in their mouths. Their loss... :rolleyes:

Don't blame them.

My DW was one of those people.

I finally got her to try one of mine. Now she orders them all the time.

My brother asked for Escargot in the HC and was told they did not have any.

Tony

What night do they have the seafood?

Not any special individual night but they always had fish or shrimp almost every night as I recall. I remember seeing my wife eating salmon almost every other night. Sometimes they had spicy cooked shrimp other nights it was just seasoned lightly, other nights it was cold. They had one fish or another almost all the time, lunch included.

Not any special individual night but they always had fish or shrimp almost every night as I recall. I remember seeing my wife eating salmon almost every other night. Sometimes they had spicy cooked shrimp other nights it was just seasoned lightly, other nights it was cold. They had one fish or another almost all the time, lunch included.

You are right! Shrimp and fish every night, cooked differently.

On our last Ruby cruise we found escargot in the HC on formal nite. Didn't see any lobster though, may have just missed it.

I looked for it on our recent Island Princess cruise with no luck.

Edited by bigchid