Where do i buy giftcard?

laurrbarr

Hopefully this is allowed! But where do I purchase a Royal Caribbean gift card to give as a gift for the holidays?? On the website it takes 7-10 and I don't know if i'll receive it in time for christmas. I will do electronic (takes 48 hours) if need be but prefer a normal one! Does anyone know any stores that sell them??

Yes, just to reiterate another poster...you cannot redeem the gift card while on the cruise. Wonder how many people get screwed by this policy? My husband wanted to buy gift cards for myself and my daughter for our January cruise...thank Goodness I saw the small print. He gifted us cash instead:D

Yes, just to reiterate another poster...you cannot redeem the gift card while on the cruise. Wonder how many people get screwed by this policy? My husband wanted to buy gift cards for myself and my daughter for our January cruise...thank Goodness I saw the small print. He gifted us cash instead:D

Another option, which is very easy, is to call and buy OBC. The phone number is 800-722-5443 and it helps to have the booking number.

Thank you. At least somebody saw my post:p

And also be careful of the type of gift card. The other day I was booking a rental car through Tickets At Work and saw they had RCI gift cards. I thought about getting them for the kids for Christmas to use as OBC. I knew they would have to be redeemed beforehand, but didn't think it was a big deal since we're still almost 2 months away from our cruise.

Then I read the small print and saw they weren't the usual gift cards.

E-Gift Card is valid only for Royal Caribbean sailings, can ONLY be used for new bookings reserved directly with Royal Caribbean and NOT through a travel agency. May not be applied to a group booking or towards on-board credit.

I've never used gift cards for RC but I did use them our last 2 carnival cruises. We can get discounted gift cards through Verizon Wireless reward points.

I think I'm glad I hadn't bought any yet.

Edited by spiritweevil
Didn't read previous post, which answered question

• 6 years later...

I know this is an old post, didn't want to start a new post. 

Can you find RCL gift cards in retail stores, or is the still the same as above, only available on the RCL site.

So for budgeting purposes we wanted to purchase a $50 card each month before cruise, then when we have to correct total use it to purchase the drink package. 

If we purchase the OBC versus the gift card can this be used towards purchase of drink package.

And finally I have some points available from my RCL credit card, if I redeem this to my sail account can this be used towards purchase of drink package.

Thanks for any advice