ms Oosterdam Tampa Sail-Away - December 16, 2016

Boytjie

The Oosterdam is scheduled to set sail at 16:00/4:00 PM ET (subject to change as always).

The webcam is at: http://www.porttampawebcam.com/

The Oosterdam's 7-Day Western Caribbean itinerary:

Dec 23 Tampa, Florida, US

Dec 24 Key West, Florida, US

Dec 25 At Sea

Dec 26 Mahogany Bay, Roatan, Honduras

Dec 27 Belize City, Belize

Dec 28 Cozumel, Mexico

Dec 29 At Sea

Dec 30 Tampa, Florida, US

C6H07X.jpg

Thanks, Peter!

We will be on the Oosterdam (for the 1st time) February 3 out of Tampa ...hope to see you post it here for folks to watch! We're in a verandah on the stern of the ship. I will ask Lou for a wave. Don't know if or how that works in Tampa.

Have a good one and thank you for all you do!

Sheila

Thanks for the link.

I love watching ships sail that I'll be joining soon. It makes the wait a little more bearable.

It will be my first cruise out of Tampa and am a little puzzled regarding the terminal HAL uses. I've found conflicting information online.

Since I've never been to Tampa area before, I need to arrange private transportation in advance to get from my Airbnb to the cruise port. Can anyone tell me which terminal HAL uses for voyages out of Tampa?

Thanks, Peter!

We will be on the Oosterdam (for the 1st time) February 3 out of Tampa ...hope to see you post it here for folks to watch! We're in a verandah on the stern of the ship. I will ask Lou for a wave. Don't know if or how that works in Tampa.

Have a good one and thank you for all you do!

Sheila

I am sure I will; I have the schedules for HAL sail-aways for the next few months saved. I should already be in Ft. Lauderdale then for our Feb. 5 cruise on the Koningsdam.

I got to see Zuiderdam visit Aruba today [Thursday] and the Prinsendam was also there - though she wasn't listed on any port schedule. The two dam ships exchanged several/many goodbye toots. The only ones I'm sure of were the 3 from Prinsendam as she left 15 minutes early. Nice close-ups and following the ships on the webcam.

I hope Tampa does as well with Oosterdam. I plan to be here

I got to see Zuiderdam visit Aruba today [Thursday] and the Prinsendam was also there - though she wasn't listed on any port schedule. The two dam ships exchanged several/many goodbye toots. The only ones I'm sure of were the 3 from Prinsendam as she left 15 minutes early. Nice close-ups and following the ships on the webcam.

I hope Tampa does as well with Oosterdam. I plan to be here

CruiseTimetables showed Prinsendam scheduled to be in Aruba.

CruiseTimetables showed Prinsendam scheduled to be in Aruba.

I like to check the port schedules because they are usually more up to date, but if CruiseTimetables [which I have used for other information] are constantly updated; then I'll also check there, too.

I found the dual leaving a little ahead of time only when I read the fleet report for Thursday.

Thanks,

Carole

Never ceases to amaze me how large the ships look when the loom over structures at the pier but how small they look sailing over the horizon compared to the vastness of the ocean.

Still studying up about O so it will be nice to watch the sailaway - gotta remember it is at 1pm here on west coast.

The Oosterdam is using terminal 3 here in Tampa, which is the nicest available. It is a busy terminal this time of year, servicing NCL, RCCL, and even Aida. Holland America got bumped from it on Sundays a few years ago when the larger NCL ship started sailing on Sundays from #3. The Ryndam, with 1250 guests vs 2500+ on NCL was why. Now that Oosterdam came to Tampa, HAL switched to Friday sailings, which works well IMHO.

Hi y'all Redneck Bob hear!

Just got off Oosterdam today after 21 day cruise. One of best cruisin ever.

Embarkation and disembarkation in Tampa, Terminal 3 was best ever. No lines at customs. We are 35 minutes from port. Got off ship at 8:10 AM, fourth group to get off. Home just before 9 AM !

Look for my review in next couple of days!