Wine Delivery to ship question...

VTX-AL

We are booked on the Island Princess 21-day cruise in April '17. Does anyone know if it is possible to have a quantity (say 6-12, for example) 750ml bottles of wine delivered from a local Fort Lauderdale wine shop to our stateroom, or some other central location ABOARD the ship on the day of departure? Understanding, of course, the Princess corkage fee policy for bottles in excess of allowed quantity. :confused:

...VTX-Al

You can pre-order wine from the Ft Lauderdale Total Wine which shows 0.8 miles from Cruise Terminal 2 but never heard about any deliveries to the ship.

Even if it was possible to deliver the wine to the terminal, you'd still need to receive it to carry onboard to pay the fees.

Thus as already stated...no wine delivery to your cabin or anywhere else on the ship.

Edited by Astro Flyer

What I did a couple of years ago was have a case delivered to our hotel the day before. I then taped luggage tags on all sides and had it checked with our luggage upon boarding.

I was called to security as I had expected, paid the corkage fee and they then delivered it to my cabin.

It was obvious that I was not trying to smuggle anything.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What I did a couple of years ago was have a case delivered to our hotel the day before. I then taped luggage tags on all sides and had it checked with our luggage upon boarding.

I was called to security as I had expected, paid the corkage fee and they then delivered it to my cabin.

Thanks !! I have already considered that idea - simply exploring other options that may or may not exist.

...VTX-Al

I agree l think this is the best way of doing it.

Tony

In the past we did this and it worked out well. We took the box and our luggage to the port and gave them to the port handlers. Next we saw them was in our stateroom. However Princess changed the way they enforce their wine policy and now require all wine to be carried on at embarkation and the corking fee paid for all bottles in excess of the two allotted (assume 2 adult pax in cabin). It was much easier before the enforcement change but we still have our wine! TW will accept online orders and have the wines boxed and ready for pickup which is a nice service.

We have in the past had a casebshipped to our hotel that we got before boarding ship and we paid appropriate corkage fees. We live near napa and enjoy some fine wine

Recently took the 28 day cruise and flew to LA so we packed 8 bottles amongst our checked suitcases. Got to ship and porters took the suitcases in and they arrived inour cabin. We waited for corkage charges to appear but it didn't happen. Seems ports/ships handle things differently. There are no hard rules