Anthem Specialty Dining - is it worth it?

cusematt4

Hi,

For anyone who has recently been on the Anthem of the Seas, did you enjoy the specialty restaurants. We've never done any specialty dining as we've always enjoyed our dining room experience and feel we've already paid for dining onboard. We may try Jamie's and/or Wonderland, but at $35 and $49 respectively, we're wondering if you think it's worth it.

Thanks!

Hi,

For anyone who has recently been on the Anthem of the Seas, did you enjoy the specialty restaurants. We've never done any specialty dining as we've always enjoyed our dining room experience and feel we've already paid for dining onboard. We may try Jamie's and/or Wonderland, but at $35 and $49 respectively, we're wondering if you think it's worth it.

Thanks!

Was recently on Anthem and tried Chops and Jamie's Italian(for lunch). Chops was the best dinner during the cruise, a great starter, the main course was superb and the dessert was excellent so 40$ extra for the best steak at sea is absolute worth it. Jamie's was great for lunch :D good service and great food :)

I sailed with my family on Anthem... they decided on Jamies. I don't eat a lot of italian food so for me it was just OK, they all loved it! I wanted Wonderland and was out voted :/ I really didn't put up a fight knowing I had reservations for Wonderland on Harmony

Several people I spoke with ranked Wonderland at the top with Jamie's a close second....

Wow, great price!

Details? What ship? did you book online or on the ship?

We also got that deal, it was a BOGO speciality dining offer for $30. You have to use it on night 1 and night 2, but at that price we didn't care! We are going on Anthem on 1/14/17. It should show up in your cruise planner if they are still offering it for your ship!

Yes, the BOGO on the Anthem is very worth it considering Wonderland I think is $45 or 49/person. 30/person for 2 restaurants is a great deal.

Wonderland was awesome, though the fish, in my opinion was the only flaw (ours wasn't very good). We had a table for 4, and looking through the menu, which is a little bit unorthodox, the waiter took the menu and pretty much gave us everything on it.

Chops is usually good. They will actually do the steak blue!! And it was a great dining experience as well.

We also got that deal, it was a BOGO speciality dining offer for $30. You have to use it on night 1 and night 2, but at that price we didn't care! We are going on Anthem on 1/14/17. It should show up in your cruise planner if they are still offering it for your ship!

I'm looking at the BOGO offer on the Cruise planner. It does not seem to indicate what restaurant I can select for reservation. Is it some kind of open pass where I can go to any of the specialty restaurants on those nights? Kinda like a walk-in?

Or will restaurants be available as we get closer to cruise time?

Edited by BillHoo

Jamie's good (I have a love hate relationship with Jamie's)

Chops very good

Wonderland exceptional, but only if you are adventurous

Chef's table food is very good, but I wouldn't book it again if it was free. It was a 4 hour event, and if your table mates are a bore you will want to die.

JC

I'm looking at the BOGO offer on the Cruise planner. It does not seem to indicate what restaurant I can select for reservation. Is it some kind of open pass where I can go to any of the specialty restaurants on those nights? Kinda like a walk-in?

Or will restaurants be available as we get closer to cruise time?

They tell you when you board. You can also change once aboard

We tried Jamie's for dinner our last night on Anthem. NOT at all worth the upcharge. The meat and cheese plank was good, but the entrée was not. I ordered chicken parm. The chicken was so overcooked and rubbery I couldn't even eat it! I'd also like to say that I almost NEVER send things back. This was inedible. Then the waiter started to argue with me and decided he needed to educate me about 'free range' chickens and how they have a different texture. Even if that were true, who cares? If I did not like my entrée, I should be able to send it back! He finally agreed to bring me lasagna instead that was just ok. No better than your average Olive Garden entrée. Not at all worth the extra charge IMO.

We got the BOGO before we cruised. They select your restaurants. Since getting Wonderland was a priority for us as soon as we got on we hoofed it to Jamie's. Quicker than waiting until the rooms opened at 1 pm. We were given Jamie's and Chops. They let us switch to Wonderland. LOVED LOVED LOVED Wonderland. Chops not so much. Tough steak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My sister & I got comped for 2 specialty restaurants. I am on a special diet so it was wasted on me, but she enjoyed Chops mushroom soup & veal chop. & Jamie's pasta with some seafood.

Chops made us wait 45 minutes past our reservation time to be seated & food was not delivered hot, but they reheated it with no loss of flavor

My sister was on Anthem last year & she told me that the regular dining room food & service has improved since they ended the Dine around program

Jamie's good (I have a love hate relationship with Jamie's)

Chops very good

Wonderland exceptional, but only if you are adventurous

Chef's table food is very good, but I wouldn't book it again if it was free. It was a 4 hour event, and if your table mates are a bore you will want to die.

JC

Thanks for the info. I'll have to discuss with my wife on what she wants to do.

Was on the Anthem over Thanksgiving. We did four specialty dinning venues. Without a doubt Wonderland was the best experience of the four and would be rated the best of all our experiences in the past. As mentioned previously, please be hungry as the amount of the meat dishes is huge. Also be ready to be wowed with flavors that do not match the textures you have tasted in the past. Liquid lobster and tomato juice to name just two. Will do this venue every cruise if it is a choice.

Chiefs table is a dining experience equal to a high star European restaurant. Multiple courses with a new wine paired to support the course. Was a little disappointed in that the Chief did not accompany each course to explain how the course was chosen and prepared. Probably because of the multiple restaurants instead of a single dining room, suspect that his/her time is in great demand. Not sure if we would do this on our next cruise.

Chops was somewhat disappointing in that the service was sub-par. Had a waiter that was new to the venue and he struggled with two tables of four. Steak was excellent but the experience was not as we expected.

Jamie’s was unique. Not sure what we were expecting but the food was very good. This is another to go to very hungry as the volume of food that is delivered is quite large.

Did you get to pick the two places and the time you wanted?