Good ship for adults

cocacola86

Is there one deck better than another

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Really or according to DCL?

Traditionally the higher decks are considered more desirable, but this comes from old school thinking about passenger "classes." (think Titanic) What is more important is what is above you. Since you haven't decided which ship, it is hard to talk specifics. The deck right under the pool tend to have noise from cleaning the deck, moving chairs, etc. at night. The same deck under the buffet area will be quiet as it will close and be cleaned up by midnight so any noise stops. Under the nightclubs is another area that some recommend avoiding.

You might also look at "secret porthole" and "secret balcony" rooms--these have slightly obstructed views due to a piece of the ship's structure and sell at a lower category than they were otherwise intended to be (and in the classics, were originally sold as). We've stayed in one of the "secret balcony" rooms on the Magic and honestly probably wouldn't have noticed the obstruction had we not been looking for it. I've seen photos of others where it was more obvious.

Sorry I meant to put category so far I've listed to WDW radio and the Disney cruise line blog. Personal opinion that is subjective to the person but a week on Carnival that cost the same as a 5 day dCL? I've heard lots about castaway cay but how does it compare to the other private islands

Sorry I meant to put category so far I've listed to WDW radio and the Disney cruise line blog. Personal opinion that is subjective to the person but a week on Carnival that cost the same as a 5 day dCL? I've heard lots about castaway cay but how does it compare to the other private islands

Well, categories in part describe what is available in the cabins, so yes, there is a difference among categories. A cat 10 or 11 is an inside cabin; 10 has a split bath, 11 does not. There are similar difference in each category designation.

Your Carnival statement shows in part that DCL costs more. Carnival also has more "add on" type charges while DCL has very few. However, every DCL add on included, Carnival is still a lot cheaper. Do be aware that if you purchase a beverage package on Carnival, all eligible persons in the cabin must purchase the same package. It is the way they enforce the "no sharing" part of the packages. What I mean is that if you have 2 kids, both must buy the soda package or neither, but you can't buy one package. If you have 2 kids with one adult, the adult can buy the "all inclusive" package. The kids do not have to buy it as they are not eligible to drink alcohol. If you have 2 adults, both must purchase it.

Castaway Cay is the best private island I've ever visited. First, you dock there (no tender). This allows you to return to the ship whenever you wish. Secondly, it really is an island, not a section of a larger island. The only people who "live" there are DCL workers and they are not locals. There are tour operators, etc. who travel to CC on ship days. Why this matters....you won't see protests, trashing of the beach by locals, etc. or people trying to lure you to their businesses. It is well maintained and basically functions as an extension of the ship. It avoids all the problems of some other ship's "private resorts" or "private islands."

Edited by moki'smommy

I know pop is included but I'll have to check what else, and the drink packages. As adults w/o kids do you feel out of place and what's better palo or remys

Palo and Remy are so dis-similar that there is no "better" or "worse." They are different experiences. Palo is a very good, northern Italian themed restaurant. It is comparable to an upscale restaurant in my medium sized city, IMHO better than the signature restaurants at WDW due to better atmosphere and no kids. Remy is a very fancy French themed restaurant similar to Victoria and Albert's at WDW. Dining there is a foodie event, not just a meal...and the upcharge is significant.

No, I have never felt out of place as an adult traveling alone or with my adult daughter. I have felt that sometimes there isn't enough to do, but that's when I pull out my book and enjoy the ocean breezes. Other lines do have more adult oriented activities.

Is there one deck better than another

I wouldn't say any deck or rooms within the she category are any better then any other.

It comes down to what you want/need. The rooms on the middle decks towards the bow or Stern would be quieter but further away from some things. Deck 9 is 1 set of steps away from the pool, but they will be noisier.

Everything is a trade off.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

She's not a big fan of kids but we go on carnival

Well it is certainly possible to enjoy a DCL cruise without kids, but not possible to avoid them completely.

You will have to dine in the MDR's with them, go to the shows with them, stand in line for meet and greets with them (if you chose to), mingle with them at many events, but there are Adult only spaces too, and that number increases after 9pm when most lounges become adult only.

ex techie

My husband and I have been on 2 Disney cruises.... a little background Disney Cruise was our 1st cruise, we were both in our 30's and we don't have children. When we do all inclusive vacations we choose Adults Only. We have since done several cruises on RC, Celebrity and Princess... Celebrity being our 1st. If you are a Disney fan this is a must, we loved the shows, the concept dinning, adults only pool and fine dinning restaurant. We never once felt we were on a kids cruise, and we felt Disney did a lot for adults only. The staterooms spoiled us for all future non Disney cruises. Also Castaway is still my favourite private island hands down! I would definitely not hesitate to choose over carnival, it's something very special much like your 1st visit to Disney. But for us as returning cruisers without kids we are definitely glad we did both, but the value isn't there for returning.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I will never do an all inclusive again I was so bored and couldn't wait to go home I had couldn't lay on a beach all day. For our one Carnival cruise I believe we were paying around 1000 pp for the Valor out of San Juan in there version of a suite. I know it's not a comparison but I feel more happy/excited at Disney world than on a Carnival cruise and I get excited seeing Mickey I think it's because we used to go every year for Christmas i know it doesn't seem adult like of me because I'm turning 38 on New Year's Day. That's why my 5 nieces and nephews love when I play because I act like a kid

You may want to look at a 4 night on the Dream, during school season when there aren't any school breaks going on. That would give you the water slide and not as many kids running around. I've been on Disney cruises where parents let their kids run wild and others where the families always seemed to be together. I prefer to go when there will be less kids on board, but there are always a large number on Disney.

I have never been particularly impressed with the food on DCL, but I haven't sailed other lines and have nothing to compare it to. It is fine, but I'd never plan a Disney cruise because I was looking forward to the food. My brother has only sailed Carnival and it sounds like he doesn't really like it, but his wife does and she seems to only want to book that line. They said they'd never book DCL because of the cost.

As far as what deck you'll prefer, that will depend on if you want to be close to the action or not. I've always sailed on deck 2. It's less busy down there and I get a window. The rooms cost less. I'd avoid the decks with the kids clubs at all costs.

If you aren't with young children or if not a real Disney fan consider other options. Restaurant, except palo the specialty restaurant is very noisy. Kids crying and not a relaxing environment. Kids also running around public areas and noisy in the shows. If you have babies and young children next to your cabin could also be a problem. We have sailed on Disney ships with kids and they enjoyed it

Edited by Cruise a holic