wine package ?

muleevans

I believe it is available on cruises of 10 day or longer. However, if this has changed I'm sure someone will chime in.
With very rare exceptions, the wine packages are only offered on cruises of 10 days or longer. On occasion they are not available on the longer cruises because of "inventory issues" [emoji848]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I know that they sell wine packages once you get onboard, but can I buy a wine package before I board ??

If yes, is there any advantage to doing this ??

Thank for any help !!

As others have posted it's not available in advance & the wine package is not even mentioned anywhere on their website. :(

I'm curious now. I'll be on a 10-day cruise (New Years) on Regal.

Can someone tell me more about this wine package or point me in the right direction? (We do not currently have any kind of included beverages...)

The details on the wine packages are:

Note: A 15% gratuity is added to all package prices (like any other bar purchase).

Silver Package (wines up to $29 per bottle list price)

7 bottles -- $161 (average of $23 per bottle)

10 bottles -- $210 (average of $21 per bottle)

12 bottles -- $240 (average of $20 per bottle)

Gold Package (wines up to $45 per bottle list price)

7 bottles -- $217 (average of $31 per bottle)

10 bottles -- $290 (average of $29 per bottle)

12 bottles -- $336 (average of $28 per bottle)

You get a punch card which can be used at any of the dining locations.

You may choose any wine on on the regular wine menu. If you want to buy a wine that costs more than what the package covers, you just pay the difference. For example, if you have a Gold package and buy a wine that costs $46, the charge for $46 will appear on your stateroom account, followed by a $45 credit.

When available, I've seen it sold just outside of the buffet area at the aft elevators. I've also been told it was not offered but instead could purchase the expensive & not cost effective for me AIBP package. Since my dining room staff will be serving my wine, I purchase it from them because they get some benefit from selling it such as time off in port.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Thanks for the info. Like you, I don't think the AIBP is for me. Given the uncertainty, I think I'll just plan to bring a few bottles with me and pay the corkage.

You're welcome & we're soon sailing 15 days to Hawaii & hopefully the wine package will be available. We'll bring a couple of bottles & restock in Hawaii to pay corkage if the wine package is unavailable.

Edited by Astro Flyer

• 2 weeks later...

So I see that the wine once you buy the package is only available in the dining rooms? I assume this does not include the buffet - correct? Also, once you get a bottle can you take it out of the dining room to enjoy? elsewhere on the ship?

So I see that the wine once you buy the package is only available in the dining rooms? I assume this does not include the buffet - correct? Also, once you get a bottle can you take it out of the dining room to enjoy? elsewhere on the ship?

It's usable at any dining location and based on the wine package brochure I received on the ship...you can use it in the buffet.

"This package will be honored in the dining room, Horizon Court, and alternative restaurants".

You can take any wine purchased from Princess anywhere on the ship including taking a bottle to your cabin. If you're not aware of it, your open bottle of wine (purchased from Princess or taking your own & paying corkage) can be stored for another day including having it at another dining venue.

Edited by Astro Flyer

We always buy the wine package, but also we'll take advantage of the Happy Hour. buy one drink and get same drink for $1. If you're a beer drinker, we've seen people buy 6 beers and get six for $6. They take it back to their cabin to drink. There's usually 2 Happy Hours a day, one around 3:00 pm and another around 10:00 pm. It's a good deal IMHO.