Club Class Mini-Suites Video/any Reviews?

gkbiiii

Club Class Mini-Suites

Good advert for the casual viewer. Note, that you do get a half bottle of red and white drain pipe dissolving mouth wash, yic.

I'm just wondering if it will mean that, if you take a full suite, the nicety of being able to dine from the full menu in your cabin will disappear and when you like to occasionally dine that way, on your balcony, you will now be forced to use the portioned off MDR. Time will tell. :confused::)

Also for all these extras even on X things like "preferred restaurant reservations" mean nothing - or the "concierge" on X what would you really use this person for? These days with the amount of info available like on CC who needs a "concierge" - or the evening "canapés" are crap - we get them in the suites and they are the worst...

...I'm just wondering if it will mean that, if you take a full suite, the nicety of being able to dine from the full menu in your cabin will disappear and when you like to occasionally dine that way, on your balcony, you will now be forced to use the portioned off MDR.

I sure hope not. MDR room service is the main reason we book a full suite. Of course the space is great but the other "stuff" is just fluff and advertising. We will likely disappear if we lose the MDR room service.

So if you use the Club Class dining, do you need to sign up for anytime dining when you book or is it better to sign up for traditional? Maybe it doesn't matter but I thought I would ask.

Thanks!

When booking the Regal for next month in a Club Class cabin I cannot remember what I requested, but the booking confirmation says "Traditional Early" (5:30 PM in our case). However, I do not believe it makes any difference what you request/book, Club Class is anytime dining. (Celebrity has had this same website issue for Aqua Class for years and it is still messed-up; anytime regardless).

So if you use the Club Class dining, do you need to sign up for anytime dining when you book or is it better to sign up for traditional? Maybe it doesn't matter but I thought I would ask.

Thanks!

We're booked in Club Class on a cruise and our TA still had to select Anytime or Traditional for us.

It should be easy enough to do both Anytime and Traditional in the same dining room. Sort of like now when people with Anytime make arrangements to have the same time/table/wait staff every night.

LuLu

Thanks!

I think Club Class is a category all its own, but it will take time for Princess to get around to fixing the problem with the website. Another example of Princess thinking things through before they implement changes. Not. "Act first. Think later."

Edited by shredie

I'm just wondering if it will mean that, if you take a full suite, the nicety of being able to dine from the full menu in your cabin will disappear and when you like to occasionally dine that way, on your balcony, you will now be forced to use the portioned off MDR. Time will tell. :confused::)

No. No full-suite benefit has been taken away.

We are set to sail on the Ruby with Club Class on Jan 21 so looking forward to get some first hand experience with the new class and the looks and jeers from fellow non Club Class passengers. I will try and give a detailed review when we return.

We are set to sail on the Ruby with Club Class on Jan 21 so looking forward to get some first hand experience with the new class and the looks and jeers from fellow non Club Class passengers. I will try and give a detailed review when we return.

Well, I hope nobody jeers at you.

I;m sailing on the Star to Hawaii Jan 4 in a full suite. In the suite amenity page for MY sailing it lists the club class anytime dining. I also see on the Princess web page where the Star does not yet have club class anytime dining so what gives Princess? I expect to get all the amenities you listed on my cruise under the suite selection.

One of my major complaints about Princess dining is how they change my 6 PM TD to 5:30 or 5:45 which I won't have to deal with under the new club class. I always avoid AT because there's never seating at 6 - 6:30. If you don't line up at 5:15 you wait until after 7 or 7:30

Edited by cruzsnooze

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

We'll be looking forward to your review! :)

I think Club Class is a category all its own, but it will take time for Princess to get around to fixing the problem with the website. Another example of Princess thinking things through before they implement changes. Not. "Act first. Think later."

Even if you are in a club class room, you might need to request different

dining.

For instance, pops and baba are in the club class room, while the

kids and grandkids are not. ...and, everyone probably wants to

dine together.

Even if you are in a club class room, you might need to request different

dining.

For instance, pops and baba are in the club class room, while the

kids and grandkids are not. ...and, everyone probably wants to

dine together.

That's true, but they should make it more clear on the website. (Of course, why would any one pay for Club Class and not dine there? That's what the extra $$ is all about, mostly.)

That's true, but they should make it more clear on the website. (Of course, why would any one pay for Club Class and not dine there? That's what the extra $$ is all about, mostly.)

On Cunard ships, you can choose to dining in a "lower category venue' whenever you want. From what I have read on the Cunard board, often Cunarders do just that: for meeting friends, trying something different, etc.

On Cunard ships, you can choose to dining in a "lower category venue' whenever you want. From what I have read on the Cunard board, often Cunarders do just that: for meeting friends, trying something different, etc.

They have separate venues, right? Not just a section of the regular MDR?

(Of course, why would any one pay for Club Class and not dine there? That's what the extra $$ is all about, mostly.)

All the cheaper mini-suites are sold out...?

So far, it sounds like club-class dining is fine. At the expense

of non-club-class passengers in anytime.

And princess was not doing such a great job with anytime,

particularly on Regal and Royal.

It should be really interesting when Club Class starts on those

two ships.