American Express offer: $100 off $500+ Cruise Lines

izmeeh

I am not talking about replacing your card

Where you go to add an authorized user - Like getting a card in your wife's name - Just do your own name - I have done this on both my card and my husbands card

Login > to the right hand side near the middle/bottom of screen you can add someone to your account -- Just use your own information

On my husbands account he has an additional card in his name and 2 cards in my name

On my account I have 3 additional cards in my name and 2 additional card in his name

You just have to create a separate login for it when you get the card - I can still use my original card

So, if I did this, for each time I wanted to pay $500 and get $100 back, I would need another card, is this correct? So, I could theoretically get six cards and get $600 back on my cruise? Once I am done, I can cancel the cards?

Thank you so much for your help.

I didn't cancel the cards I just put them in my filing cabinet just in case another deal opens up where I need them again

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Forums mobile app

Thank you. But, as I described above is what I can exactly (probably) do? Is that correct?

Thanks so much!

You don't have to add your kids to get additional deals you can have additional cards sent to you in your own name - I found this out by accident

I went ahead and added our oldest since she is turning 17 soon and leaving for college. We decided it would be good to help her build a credit score. :D She is uber responsible so if we send her with cc to go shopping with friends, she will only spend what she can pay us in cash that day, so we aren't worried. Now my youngest........;p

I didn't cancel the cards I just put them in my filing cabinet just in case another deal opens up where I need them again

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Forums mobile app

Question for you for clarification:

If I get anther card in my name, I just need to create a login from the 2nd card to be able to use the discount a 2nd time? I would then make 2 separate payment on the 2 different cards?

Correct?

Question for you for clarification:

If I get anther card in my name, I just need to create a login from the 2nd card to be able to use the discount a 2nd time? I would then make 2 separate payment on the 2 different cards?

Correct?

That is correct. But the offer expires in about three weeks, so hurry. ;)

P.S. I know you asked another poster but I knew the answer and just wanted to help.

Edited by joepeka

I want to thank the OP. We did not have the offer on our cards. So I used the link they provided and was able to apply it to both of our cards. We booked a cruise on March 20. The charges on each of our cards posted on March 22, and the $100 credit on each of our cards posted on March 23.

We would not have been able to get this if we waited until our cruise on the Conquest next month since they are one of the test ships where you only get a $50 credit for booking onboard no matter the length of the cruise and it has to be Early Saver. This way we booked Past Guest and can cancel if we need to with no penalty. After all November 2018 it a long ways away and anything could happen between now and then. Plus if we go it is a $200 savings.

I went ahead and added our oldest since she is turning 17 soon and leaving for college. We decided it would be good to help her build a credit score. :D She is uber responsible so if we send her with cc to go shopping with friends, she will only spend what she can pay us in cash that day, so we aren't worried. Now my youngest........;p

You know you don't actually have to give the cards to your kids, right? Keep them in the drawer and use them when offers come up.

Edited by MisterBill99

I don't know how you guys figure out these ideas, nut you are brilliant.

I figured the same name deal out by accident as I logged into what I thought was my husbands account to order a card in my name and turned out I was logged into my account - I did not think they would actually send me the card but they did

• 3 weeks later...
Posting this in case you don't know about it.

www.americanexpress.com/wlcl

If you don't see the offer when you log in to your account, go to the link above.

-----------

Get a $100 statement credit by using your enrolled eligible Card to spend $500+ while booking cruise line sailings with Carnival, Holland America, Princess, Seabourn or Cunard by 4/14/2017. See www.wlcl.com/amex . Terms and exclusions apply.

Thank you for that link. I have had that offer on my card for a long time. Last week our TA called with a great price for a 2018 HAL cruise that I had asked him to keep on eye out for us. Yesterday, I set up the online account for my DW, but the offer was not there until I used your link. Today, I booked the cruise making 2 payments and have received 2 congratulations for using the offer e-mails. So a real big thank you coming your way.:D

So how do I get this Credit if I've already put the deposits in for the cruises? Can I just call both cruise lines and have each charge my amex $500 to pay down a bit of the balance due and will that still qualify, even though it is still refundable?

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

So how do I get this Credit if I've already put the deposits in for the cruises?

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

You will need to add the offer to your card and call whomever you booked through if you wish to swap out the deposit. If you want to make a payment towards the balance, you can call or do it online.

So how do I get this Credit if I've already put the deposits in for the cruises?

You can make a payment towards your booking. I've done it both ways, deposit and payment towards booking and it worked.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Okay but I'm only going to get one credit per card? Still better than a kick in the head. :)

Correct. If you have two Amex cards on which the offer is available, then you can use it twice. We did that.

My spouse and I both have cards, with different numbers, but on the same account. I wonder if we'd get one credit per card or only one credit per account.

My spouse and I both have cards, with different numbers, but on the same account. I wonder if we'd get one credit per card or only one credit per account.

Per card but you have to make sure the offer is on each one.

Yup I just added it to the second card. This'll be great if it works!

As FBW says, if you were able to successfully add the offer to the 2nd card, you will get the statement credit.

As FBW says, if you were able to successfully add the offer to the 2nd card, you will get the statement credit.

Not that I doubted it for a minute, but I actually got an email confirmation from Amex that both payments will be considered for the credit.

$200. Sweet!