Tranfer from Rental

Grumpy8

Taking a RCCL cruise from Miami. Will be flying into Miami then renting a car for a few days before the cruise. Is there a Rental car company that will shuttle me to the ship when I'm done with the car.:)

As far as I know, ALL of the major rental companies have shuttles to the ship.

Before listening to all these people.

I would call and verify it with the actual on-site location branch and not the from the 1-800 reservation agents.

We did this last year and I could not find a company that shuttles to port.

But I picked up at a different location.

They said they only shuttle back to the airport now.

I think Ft.Lauderdale is the same...

We used this service in the last two weeks to/from Port of Miami/Miami airport. All major car rentals are inside the airport and have complimentary shuttles to/from Miami cruise port. We did need to show proof of rental to the bus driver.

Can you tell me what service?

Thank you

Alamo, National, Enterprise, Dollar, and Thifty provide free shuttle service from the Rental Car Center which is located directly across from Miami International Airport to the Port Of Miami. They also provide free shuttle service in the opposite direction. Hertz, Avis, and Budget have downtown Miami locations that are relatively close to the Port Of Miami. Cruise Critic posters over the years have provided conflicting reports of free shuttle service from the downtown Miami locations. A taxi to the Port Of Miami from the downtown locations are very inexpensive.

Alamo, National, Enterprise, Dollar, and Thifty provide free shuttle service from the Rental Car Center which is located directly across from Miami International Airport to the Port Of Miami. They also provide free shuttle service in the opposite direction. Hertz, Avis, and Budget have downtown Miami locations that are relatively close to the Port Of Miami. Cruise Critic posters over the years have provided conflicting reports of free shuttle service from the downtown Miami locations. A taxi to the Port Of Miami from the downtown locations are very inexpensive.

Thank you very much...

...They said they only shuttle back to the airport now.

I think Ft.Lauderdale is the same...

At Port Everglades ONLY National/Alamo shuttle to FLL. All other major(and many not so major) rent-a-car companies have locations specifically for Port Everglades.

Re: Port of Miami rentals. A few years ago ending a transAtlantic at PoM every rental car company servicing the port by shuttle was quoting $500-$600 for a week. Avis in Miami Beach quoted $125/week. For that price differential I took a $17 cab ride to Miami Beach... DISCLAIMER: that week did include Christmas, but check your options.

I have in the past picked up a Hertz rental at MIA and dropped it off at their downtown location (Miami Downtown HLE). Then used their shuttle van to get to the port. The shuttle is supposed to run every half hour. It can be very busy.

Hertz also lists a Port of Miami location, but that is just for picking up debarking passengers and shuttling them to the Miami Downtown HLE location.

• 1 month later...

Does this mean that rental car companies would also pick you up at the Port of Miami and take you to the airport rental car location?

AVIS have a pick and drop off cruise dedicated location at 99 SE 2nd St, Miami, FL 33131, USA.

Very easy and convenient. We usually drop the cases off at the ship in the rental car then drop the car off and get the free shuttle to the ship. It saves schlepping cases twice.

Does this mean that rental car companies would also pick you up at the Port of Miami and take you to the airport rental car location?

We have gotten a rental car post-cruise. They will have a shuttle that will take you from the port to the Miami airport, the rental buses run regularly and can't be missed at the port (big rental car signs on the side). NOTE: You will have to show proof that you are renting a car. If you don't have proof they will not allow you on the shuttle.