Celebrity Reflection Recommendations

Opie

We're Reflection newbies on the 12/31/16 sailing and would love to hear any suggestions for things not to miss while on our Western Caribbean 7-day cruise! Particularly things to do on the ship. Since it is a holiday cruise the per person speciality dining rates are as follows:

Lawn Club — $50 per person

Qsine — $50 per person

Tuscan Grille — $50 per person

Murano (French) — $55 per person

Let me know if you have any particular suggestions on what not to miss (dining/entertainment/otherwise)! Thank you!

Edited by Opie

As a stockholder, I'm thrilled that Celebrity charges $5 more for each restaurant on your holiday sailing.

I think everyone has their own preferences. I would select Murano as the "don't miss it" meal, but it's more formal than any of the others. QSine is fun once a cruise...interesting food served in creative ways....much less casual than Murano. Personally, I don't like Tuscan grill menu and the service on my my specific cruise wasn't good but it varies. Take a look at the menu and see if it appeals. Can't comment on the Lawn Grill....

Each cruise is different in terms of bookings. We were offered 20% off at any specialty restaurant on the equinox two weeks ago...by our waiter in select dining on the very first night. Celebrity also almost always offers 20% off if you dine at a specialty restaurant on the first night.

Edited by ghstudio

With only one exception last year, we've usually found Murano to be excellent and superior to the other options. (There's always variation from ship to ship, cruise to cruise of course.)

We ate in the Eclipse Murano last week and the food quality and presentation were noticeably better than we had for the other nine nights in Luminae. (Staff and service were friendly and professional in both.)

If you like lobster, it's fun to have it flamed at your table in Murano. This cruise I thought it tasted better than before which may have been the skill of the man who prepared it. I thought the Grand Marnier soufflé also was the best I've had in any Murano. All in all, a really nice evening.

The ribeye is just great at the Lawn Club Grill. Order the chocolate chip cookie with vanilla ice cream for dessert.

Murano is excellent. The lobster prepared tableside is delicious-albeit a much smaller portion than in years past - but order two of them to be prepared at same time. No extra cost.

Qsine is quirky and fun - once. The self ordering with an iPad used to be high tech and fun but now seems ordinary.

My personal choice would be the Lawn Club Grill and you will be able to get a 30 to 50% discount if you talk to them the first day before sailing.

I think everyone has their own preferences. I would select Murano as the "don't miss it" meal, but it's more formal than any of the others. QSine is fun once a cruise...interesting food served in creative ways....much less casual than Murano. Personally, I don't like Tuscan grill menu and the service on my my specific cruise wasn't good but it varies. Take a look at the menu and see if it appeals. Can't comment on the Lawn Grill....

Each cruise is different in terms of bookings. We were offered 20% off at any specialty restaurant on the equinox two weeks ago...by our waiter in select dining on the very first night. Celebrity also almost always offers 20% off if you dine at a specialty restaurant on the first night.

Thanks for the responses. I wonder if they will offer that on this cruise since the first night is New Year's Eve. If were on this cruise on 12/31, and it was your first time on Reflection, would you hit Murano the first night? Also, would you book right after boarding by going straight to each specialty restaurant you wanted to book?

Edited by Opie

Honestly, you can't go wrong with any of them. It just depends on what you feel like: Lawn Club Grill (outdoor and casual) great steaks and flatbreads (pizzas) to start with; Tuscan (casual and excellent food); Qsine (great variety of flavors and fun); Murano (fancy and dressy). The Porch also has very good seafood. Our favorite? SUSHI ON 5! If you like sushi, you'll love it. Don't miss the Scallop and Shrimp Dynamite - it sounds a little weird but is DELICIOUS!

Just got off Reflection a couple of weeks ago and had a great time. Rather than book the pkgs deal we booked one by one. The reason I did that was I was able to get the times I wanted for each dinner. I payed about $80 more for 3 rooms but I got the times I wanted. At this late date you might have a tuff time getting what you want since a lot of people book 4 months out and its New Year. The first night they did offer 30% off on any room. If you pick Qusine ask for Johnthan and he will get you the time you want. He is the lead waiter in that room. We ran into him on the dock boarding and he took care of us with setting up the time and was the best server ! Have a great time!

We just got off the reflection two weeks ago and we were newbies as well.:) we at The Lawn Club and The Porch. Both were excellent. The Porch isn't pushed as a must do dinner but it was cheaper at $30 pp and was mostly seafood. My husband doesn't even eat seafood but there are still options on the menu. The service was awesome because it's small and intimate. Giani, the head waiter was outstanding.. very personal service. it was our favourite restaurant. Also if u have the drink package Cafe Al Bacio makes a mean latte or cappuccino.[emoji3

Make sure u check out the show at the martini bar one night. They will announce it when u are on the ship. Disco night in the atrium was also a blast!

I'm not sure what shows u will have on your cruise....but we had a Beatles Tribute Band and the Tenors of Rock... DO NOT miss these shows if they are back on the ship when u sail. You won't be disappointed.. the production shows from the cruise staff were so-so.. there was one called 'broken strings' that we missed but heard others say it was very good.

During the day we mostly sunbathed and swam and drank.lol... we visited Cozumel, grand Cayman,Falmouth, and Labadee.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by LBJB2009

We just got off the reflection two weeks ago and we were newbies as well.:) we at The Lawn Club and The Porch. Both were excellent. The Porch isn't pushed as a must do dinner but it was cheaper at $30 pp and was mostly seafood. My husband doesn't even eat seafood but there are still options on the menu. The service was awesome because it's small and intimate. Giani, the head waiter was outstanding.. very personal service. it was our favourite restaurant. Also if u have the drink package Cafe Al Bacio makes a mean latte or cappuccino.[emoji3

Make sure u check out the show at the martini bar one night. They will announce it when u are on the ship. Disco night in the atrium was also a blast!

I'm not sure what shows u will have on your cruise....but we had a Beatles Tribute Band and the Tenors of Rock... DO NOT miss these shows if they are back on the ship when u sail. You won't be disappointed.. the production shows from the cruise staff were so-so.. there was one called 'broken strings' that we missed but heard others say it was very good.

During the day we mostly sunbathed and swam and drank.lol... we visited Cozumel, grand Cayman,Falmouth, and Labadee.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The Tenors of Rock are back on the Reflection? They left in early November and were suppose to be going to Vegas. We were told it was their last show. Our cruise was completed on 11/5.

I agree that they were great and the Porch was amazing good. What a great place for a quiet lunch.

We were on the Refelection the first week of December, we really liked The lawn grill for LUNCH, they serve hamburgers, which were great, we also had the warm chocolate chip cookie with ice cream for dessert. The charge was $10.00 per person.

The Tenors of Rock are back on the Reflection? They left in early November and were suppose to be going to Vegas. We were told it was their last show. Our cruise was completed on 11/5.

I agree that they were great and the Porch was amazing good. What a great place for a quiet lunch.

I will be on Reflection in early February and have never seen this group,

although I have heard they are very good. Maybe I will get lucky and they

will be on board.

Do as you all choose to do.

But the day I fork over $50.00 per person on top of what I've already paid for cruise-caliber food is the day I buy the Brooklyn Bridge.

See folks, we make these extra-cost monsters. We give the Hydras the heads.

Enjoy having your pockets picked? Visit Times Square on New Year's Eve - - you fondest wish will come true.

NJ Fred= You are correct. it IS absurd to charge so much pp when you are paying so much for supposedly good food in the Main dining room..

however, on the flip side, if you are having an anniversary, the MURANO can't be beat.

And Qsine is just plain fun and funky and enough food for an army.

Andrea