FLL to Miami Port--great shuttle experience!

moondoggie

We can only fly into FLL from where we live for a reasonable price, so when we were cruising out of MIA, we researched shuttle services, and decided to try SAS shuttle. What a good experience we had. On time, reasonable price, and personable drivers.

Moral of the story: don't pay for overpriced ship's transfers--SAS will be our go-to service in the future.

Thanks for your feedback!! :) We are flying into FLL in July because its cheaper for us too!! I was trying to decide how to get to POM when I read your post. Checking on them now for us. Also did you use them to get back to FLL once you departed the ship?

I am currently researching this as well. SAS does provide rides from FLL to the Port of Miami and the reverse. The rates are $15 pp for 1-4 pax and $13 pp for 5+. It sounds like a really good deal.

I haven't used them as of yet but think I am going with this company both there and back, depending on the flight costs.

Does anyone know how much a cab or shuttle is from the Port of Miami to MIA? I don't suppose it could be much cheaper than this.

Do they shuttle from MIA airport to FLL cruise terminal? What was the cost? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Most of the FLL based shuttles are not licensed for the MIA airport. Your options are:

1. Super Shuttle, American Shuttle or Go Airport Shuttle (about $35 per person the last time I checked) :(

2. A taxi on the meter will be about $75+ :eek:

3. Uber should be closer to $40 ;)

4. Private car service will be not much more than a taxi - check with Larry's Limos (often suggested for Miami service)

5. A one-way car rental might save you some $$, but if you are heading straight to the port you likely do not have the time

6. Same thing goes for using the Tri-Rail train system from MIA to FLL and then a taxi to the port.

and everything went as smoothly as getting there.

upon our arrival at FLL, we rented a car for the day, stuck our luggage in the trunk, and visited Bonnet House and Gardens ($20 pp and well worth it). Then went for a late lunch, returned our car to the airport and flew home. No crowds, no problem, no lugging luggage!

We just returned from a cruise in Miami and flew into and out of Ft. Lauderdale. We used SAS and they were great. They were waiting on us at the cruise port, took us to the FLL airport for $14 and it was easy and stress free. We will be doing the same in June.

Ridesas.com

QLS and jiffyjeffs are also reliable shuttle companies.

Does QLS and Jiffyjeffs also charge just $15 per person...i will be travelling by myself...I always used SAS Shuttle, but this past time i had a bad issue with them...and have deceided to use a different shuttle service....:(

I use to use SAS Shuttle all the time when i would be taking a cruise..this past December 2016 i had a very bad issue with them.. I have then deceided to use another shuttle service...and was wondering if any one has used QLS, JiffyJeff's, or MLJ shuttle service.... Do they also charge $15 per person from hotel in FLL to POM?:confused:

regards

I used SuperShuttle yesterday from FLL to the hotel in Miami. It was $36 plus tip plus taxes. It worked, the driver was nice. I'm hoping the ship does a transfer from the port of Miami to the Fort Lauderdale airport at the end of the cruise. It's a nine day plus a five day cruise all on the same ship. Navigator of the seas.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I used SuperShuttle yesterday from FLL to the hotel in Miami. It was $36 plus tip plus taxes. It worked, the driver was nice. I'm hoping the ship does a transfer from the port of Miami to the Fort Lauderdale airport at the end of the cruise. It's a nine day plus a five day cruise all on the same ship. Navigator of the seas.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

From POM to FLL you can use any of the popular shuttles - SAS, QLS, MJS, Go Airport, etc. for about $15 per person. If you are pushed for time an Uber from POM to FLL should be about $40

Wish we could use SAS. I checked their website and our hotel is not listed as one they pick up from . We are staying at Hampton Inn Ft Lauderdale/ Plantation. I called hotel to ask what shuttle services come there , they gave me # of a 3rd party person they use . It will be $85 for 3 of us to get to POM !! I thought that was pretty steep. Going to check with QLS and Jiffy Jeff

We had a bad experience with SAS in April, 2015. There were 14 of us, with our luggage, crammed into an older van. It was cramped, very warm because the air conditioning was NOT WORKING PROPERLY, and I felt at 80 mph it was just a bit too fast for me. This April it will be Jiffy Jeff.