Mini Bar Charges Post Cruise

I just received a phone call from RCL rep. He was asking if I received my refund.

Interesting.. Did they get many complaints and started paying attention?

Did anyone else receive such phone call?

They called out of the blue to offer you a refund for a fraudulent mini-bar / water charge you were not aware of?

They called out of the blue to offer you a refund for a fraudulent mini-bar / water charge you were not aware of?

The rep asked if I received my refund of $12.37 that I called about week ago.

And yes, it was out of the blue :D

September Anthem cruise...had a $12 charge. First time this happened to me. I always check my final bill against all credit card charges. I noticed the charges to my credit card are on several different transactions. This was also different. This can't be a mistake.

I thought perhaps they were charging me for the juice provided by C&A, but looks like fraud.

RCI pressures the F & B Managers to make money so they instruct the Bar Manager to slip these charges in when you debark. Since it's small, they hope nobody catches it. RCI brags they carry over a million passengers a year. You do the math.

This practice is outright FRAUD.

Funny, RCI never seems to lose track of any of the charges that I actually do produce. This seems to be a rather one sided problem.:rolleyes:

Amazing the way that works. It seems to be the one thing that the IT department does reliably.

Just got off the Anthem on January 14. There was a zero balance on the paper bill that they give to you on the last day. . We also checked on the TV the day that we left the ship. When we arrived home we checked again and found a charge of $12.36 (Not 12.37 as others have had). This did not happen last year when we were on the Anthem's 1/3 cruise.

Happened to us after the Christmas/New Year's cruise on Anthem. Charged $6 and change, plus they double-charged us for the gratuities. They had charged us per day, then they slapped an arbitrary $270 charge the day we disembarked. Called them as soon as I saw it on the credit card and they reversed it.

We just got off Jan 14 cruise on. Anthem. Had 2 charges. One for 11.98 and one for 22.95. We received our statement on ship and thru email when we returned home for zero balance.

These are fraudulent charges and if it is happening to other people something must be done to see why this is happening.

I will never give them my credit card again. I called RCCL AND THEY SAID COULD BE A CRDIT CARD HOLD UNTIL BILL PAID. HOW DO YOU PUT A HOLD ON A CREDIT CARD FOR A ZERO BALANCE

I am taking this further. I have contacted Michael Baileys office and have them aware of what is going on. Customer Service has no clue

I hope Royal is reading these posts. They are committing a crime by charging on accounts.

We also came off Anthem on the 14th. We were previously charged for water on our 9/3, 10/15 & 10/20 Anthem sailings. This cruise we were charged $9.38 for a Happy Hour drink at the Sky Bar, which I indeed did receive that drink and $34.99 for the Wash & Fold laundry which should have been for free. I noticed the charges during our sailing and went to GS and they removed both charges with a smile. I also informed GS of our prior sailings in which we were charged $12.37 for water and if they charged us again on this sailing I was writing to Mr Bayley. GS made a note on our record and said they would inform their Mgr. of the errors being made regarding the water charges. We were not charged for water on this sailing.

Yesterday, we received a call from the fraud department :eek: of Bank of America, asking us if we recently called them to transfer $4200 from our RCI BOA credit card into a checking account, it was not us. I asked BOA if the phone call made to them for the transfer was from Miami,they would only give me the area code of *305*, it indeed was a phone# from Miami :eek: Something very similar happened to us 4X with the RCI BOA credit card last year after we came off Anthem. Coincident !!!! :rolleyes:

Funny, RCI never seems to lose track of any of the charges that I actually do produce. This seems to be a rather one sided problem.:rolleyes:

On our HOTS cruise a few weeks ago, we got that same mysterious ~$12 charge for the mini bar (even though there was nothing in our mini bar, so I can't imagine what they thought we consumed).

On the other hand, we ordered 2 Labadoozies when we were in our Nellie's Beach Cabana, and never saw a charge for those show up.

Just checked my credit card today and in addition to the other 2 charges we got on our credit card there was a charge for $10.27 that was not pending . What is going on with Royal is happening to too many people.

I have another cruise booked on the Anthem and I will no longer give them my credit card. I will do cash only. Don't need to fight with them when I get home.. This is ridiculous. Someone is taking either water or minibar items and we are being charged.

Sounds fishy to me and Royal should check out all these complaints!!!!!!!!!!

I guess maybe a call to Miami Attorney General is warranted!!!!!!!!

Add me to the list -

I just got off the 1/2 cruise and also had a fraudulent mini bar charge posted to my account after I got home, despite my leaving behind my own crown and anchor soda and water amenities on the dresser.

Someone is pocketing water or money on that ship.

add me to the list -

i just got off the 1/2 cruise and also had a fraudulent mini bar charge posted to my account after i got home, despite my leaving behind my own crown and anchor soda and water amenities on the dresser.

Someone is pocketing water or money on that ship.

they need to investigate what is happening on the anthem. Today i got another charge of 10.37 posted to my credit card this is getting ridiculous i have 5 more cruises booked on anthem and i am thinking twice about it.

Guess when i cruise from now on i will only give cash and no credit card on file!!!!!!!!!!

So, I just called RCCL and asked to be emailed a copy of my final folio from my cruise from Dec 23-Jan2 on Anthem.

On the statement there was indeed an erroneous Mini Bar charge for a total of $12.37.

This charge did NOT show on my final printout I was given the morning of disembarkation. It was added on the day of departure.

The only reason I called RCCL to get a print out was because I remember reading on a thread that others had the same erroneous charge. Then - another member of our party in a separate cabin found the errored charge on his statement. So, I decided to check my own.

This is obviously some sort of flaw that's happening on Anthem. I just hope it's not being done maliciously. Is there an email address of someone at RCCL corporate that I can share this info with??