Mini Bar Charges Post Cruise

The fridges on Princess are empty except for ice bucket. They have card that lists charges if you order stuff from room service.:)

RCI is starting to go that way with some ships. Found that already on

Rhapsody last month. Except they still have two large bottles of water

in the fridge when we opened it. Empty...should be EMPTY. So now

they are jumping on the chance to charge for that water if possible. :rolleyes:

Princess is apparently doing it right. :)

Just checked our credit card bill which includes our New Year cruise on Anthem.

The bogus mini bar charge of $12.57 appears on the bill. Mind you we have a printout for the final bill from the ship which doesn't have this charge. Obviously it was added AFTER the cruise.

How are you all getting e-mailed bills? I've never gotten a final statement from RCL. For that matter, they never even send me an invoice or receipt when I book the cruise, just a confirmation I booked something.

You have to call and specifically request an invoice now.

I simply go into my credit card account online within a day or two after the

cruise, check the charge posted against final bill from embarkation morning

...and if it is different...call to have it reversed. And though it is not the

customer service agent's fault...I always (nicely) voice my concerns over

this happening WAY too many times. Not right at all. :mad:

I had a mini bar charge on my bill this summer when I was on Freedom. When my bill was delivered I noticed the charge right away and I called guest services and they took it off right away. But yes, how many people don't really take the time to check and just pay it? Sneaky

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just checked our credit card bill which includes our New Year cruise on Anthem.

The bogus mini bar charge of $12.57 appears on the bill. Mind you we have a printout for the final bill from the ship which doesn't have this charge. Obviously it was added AFTER the cruise.

We were also on the Anthem holiday cruise and were charged $12.37 from the mini bar after leaving the ship. Called the post-cruise number (thank you Aldeya), and they took off the charge right away. Something is not right.

I wonder how many thousands of dollars they are siphoning off their passengers each cruise. The amount of people that see and post in this thread is tiny compared to all passengers on any given ship. There is no reason to believe only readers of this forum are getting hit with these charges.

Who's to blame?

Are the room attendants stealing the water?

Or do they just report it as consumed and split the money with someone in billing?

Are the attendants 100% innocent, but someone in billing or in IT is stealing? Remember that movie Office Space? Whose gonna miss a few fractions of a cent, lets just take it.

Or is their another example of their stellar IT systems and support, and everyone knows bogus charges show up regularly, but know one knows how to fix it, or the Cost/Benefit analysis says not to fix it, since dozens / hundreds of suckers, er, I mean passengers each cruise are contributing $12 to the bottom line?

How are you all getting e-mailed bills? I've never gotten a final statement from RCL. For that matter, they never even send me an invoice or receipt when I book the cruise, just a confirmation I booked something.

Once I 'm on board Anthem, you can request to have a final bill emailed to you on the Royal IQ app . Indicate your email at the bottom of the page under "My Statement ".

So I disembarked from the Independence of the Seas on Monday and just checked my credit card. There were two charges on my credit card. The first was for the exact amount of the bill I received. The second was for $24.54. Of course I called and you guessed it, it was charged $12.27 twice for water/mini bar. The irony was there was nothing in the mini bar when we got there as well as no water in the room.

It is too many people complaining to be mistakes.

So I disembarked from the Independence of the Seas on Monday and just checked my credit card. There were two charges on my credit card. The first was for the exact amount of the bill I received. The second was for $24.54. Of course I called and you guessed it, it was charged $12.27 twice for water/mini bar. The irony was there was nothing in the mini bar when we got there as well as no water in the room.

It is too many people complaining to be mistakes.

I agree, seems like RC has created a new profit center.

Missing water!!

I was charge in coco cay for a drink I never had. I wonder how they charge went to my account. As soon as I found the charge on the tv I visited costumer service but they took the whole week to have the charge removed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Missing water!!

I was charge in coco cay for a drink I never had. I wonder how they charge went to my account. As soon as I found the charge on the tv I visited costumer service but they took the whole week to have the charge removed.

Same thing happened to us a while back. In our case, they did not have the capability to swipe SeaPass cards, so they were writing the folio number on a charge slip. Easy to transpose numbers.

Yep. Just happened to a member of our party from the December 23rd 2016 holiday cruise. Approximately $12 was charged post-cruise for minibar water. There was no minibar in the room. He called RCCL and after 45 minutes on the phone finally had the refund processed.

We are currently on the Anthem.

Mini Fridge was empty. Room Attendant said that people were always asking to empty it so they are now emptying it in all cabins....not sure if others experienced this too.

Per the suggestions of all posters, I am checking our account daily. All seems OK so far. Royal charged 4 days of gratuities in advance yesterday, but they did leave a message that they have done it and we should not be surprised of the big charge on our account. I am surprised that they even cared to leave a message!;)

Mini Fridge was empty. Room Attendant said that people were always asking to empty it so they are now emptying it in all cabins....not sure if others experienced this too.

Per the suggestions of all posters, I am checking our account daily. All seems OK so far. Royal charged 4 days of gratuities in advance yesterday, but they did leave a message that they have done it and we should not be surprised of the big charge on our account. I am surprised that they even cared to leave a message!;)

It's because they know the advanced charges will be questioned!

Keep checking. Our extra charge of $19.99 for the free day of internet appeared the night before we left the ship.

The bogus charge of $12.37 appeared after the cruise on our credit card bill.

Yes, our mini fridge was empty when we entered the room. Two large bottles of water were on the top of the dresser with clear tags that you have to pay to use them.

Keep checking. Our extra charge of $19.99 for the free day of internet appeared the night before we left the ship.

The bogus charge of $12.37 appeared after the cruise on our credit card bill.

Yes, our mini fridge was empty when we entered the room. Two large bottles of water were on the top of the dresser with clear tags that you have to pay to use them.

Yes - $12.37! That was the same charge as the one the person from our party had. The only reason they found the charge was because they compared their folio printout from disembarkation to the actual total charge on their credit card.