Booking complimentary dining?

Ellusionz

I've only cruised Carnival before and on theirs you pick early or late dining. I'm sort of confused with the NCL set up. I was checking thru their site and the only thing I see for dining is either the paid, but I also see the complimentary under that too? How does this work? Do I have to prebook dining times this way? Or do you walk up and wait like I thought or I saw on other forums?

I have choice between Grand Pacific and Alizar, whats the difference? And if we did the prebooking does anyone have the scheduling for the 4 day to Costa Maya so I don't conflict with other activities?

Also, there isn't any entertainment scheduling like I see other people talking about? Is this ship smaller and they don't do that, only the bigger ships?

There is not much difference between the two complementary dining rooms. The aft one has a slightly stricter dress code, but the menu is the same.

Unless you are in a big group there is no need to prebook the main dining rooms. We eat fairly early and never have to queue. If you go later then you may have to wait for a while. Personally, I wouldn't even consider prebooking the MDRs.

I can't see where you say what ship you are on, but you can only book entertainment on the Epic, Breakaway, Getaway and Escape. On other ships, the entertainment is more like traditional cruising with two shows a night, changing each day.

There are two main dining rooms that I believe have essentially the same menu. Difference is one is completely casual and the other is more formal. Can eat there every night with a different menu just like carnival. No need to book a table. It's just like going to a restaurant. Walk up, table for 2, either walk right in or wait a bit, or if it's a long wait shoot over to the other dining room.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Grand Pacific is supposed to be the more formal, by more formal it means no shorts. This is also the larger dining room with the high ceilings. Alizar is a little smaller but the ceilings are not as tall, I didn't enjoy the ambiance in there as much as we did in the Grand Pacific.

If you are eating with more than 4 you will probably want to make a reservation but you can do that on board if you wish, even the day of.

On the Jade there is no pre reserving for the show, there are 2 shows nightly, except the 1st night I think.

Enjoy your trip!

we always book a placeholder spot at 630pm. sometimes we go, sometimes we dont, sometimes we are earlier or later. we never want to have to wait. if you like to eat at 5pm or 8 or 9pm, you wont have a wait, but we like the popular 6-730 time frame as we always do the 9pm show.

we always book a placeholder spot at 630pm. sometimes we go, sometimes we dont, sometimes we are earlier or later. we never want to have to wait. if you like to eat at 5pm or 8 or 9pm, you wont have a wait, but we like the popular 6-730 time frame as we always do the 9pm show.

:(

You book a "placeholder" for your convenience? But you go, don't go, go early, go later...... what about the people who would like that "placeholder" time but can't because everyone does what you do??

I know schedules change and sometimes you have to cancel dinner reservations but you "always book a placeholder".....

I am not the NCL Dinner Reservation police but this is so not cool !

Reminds me of those Black Friday Shoppers in the Best Buy line that take all the early bird vouchers for the big ticket items "just in case I want one" but then never buy the product and the people 8 back can't get it because the vouchers are no longer available.......

Edited by esm54687