Redeeming RCCL gift certificate for OBC question

brenderlou

I just went on line and redeemed a gift certificate for OBC for a 1/13/17 sailing.

I completed all fields and then got a notice that said "thank you for redeeming a gift certificate".

Will I receive any other confirmation prior to sailing (email) or not?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just went on line and redeemed a gift certificate for OBC for a 1/13/17 sailing.

I completed all fields and then got a notice that said "thank you for redeeming a gift certificate".

Will I receive any other confirmation prior to sailing (email) or not?

No, I never get any other confirmation. Just today, redeemed our gift certificate. Over the years, I have spent several hours at GS inquiring about my obc that does not seem to show up. Now I print the redemption form and then the Thank you. At least I have something to show to GS. This does not help you now, but try it for the future.

By the end of our cruise we have the obc on our account. I am sure, hopefully, this time all will be ok.

No, I never get any other confirmation. Just today, redeemed our gift certificate. Over the years, I have spent several hours at GS inquiring about my obc that does not seem to show up. Now I print the redemption form and then the Thank you. At least I have something to show to GS. This does not help you now, but try it for the future.

By the end of our cruise we have the obc on our account. I am sure, hopefully, this time all will be ok.

Thank you. It's only a 3 nt cruise so I am going to call a couple of days before we board to make sure it has been applied. Also took a picture of my gift certificate and screen shot showing I redeemed.

Thank you. It's only a 3 nt cruise so I am going to call a couple of days before we board to make sure it has been applied. Also took a picture of my gift certificate and screen shot showing I redeemed. That should help.

Enjoy your cruise.

When it gets close to your cruise call RCL and ask for an Amenity invoice. Your OBC should show up on there.

Can we get the Amenity invoice direct from RC even if we are booked through a TA, or do I have to get the TA involved?

Edited by clarea

Can we get the Amenity invoice direct from RC even if we are booked through a TA, or do I have to get the TA involved?

I called one time and was told only my TA could access my reservation. Don't know if this still is true.

I am going to call my TA to check on the OBC. Don't like spending my vacation at GS. :(