Caribbean Princess Interior Cabin with 4 adults?!?

day440

Sorry for the second question. We have never stayed in an interior cabin with four people. It will be be me, my husband and my two sons, who are in their 20's and both around 6'. Has anyone else sailed with four adults in an interior cabin? We don't spend much time in our cabins when we sail but that is a lot of bodies (and tall ones) in one room. :eek:

We stay in interiors, and spend some time in them, but it is just us two. It would be very tight and uncomfortable with 4 adults in one interior room. I would only do it if finances force your hand. If I was in a room of 4, I would find a reason to be elsewhere until bed time, so it is do-able, just very tight. There are plenty of other places to be on the ship when you need space.

Don

Biggest problem is small room and even smaller bthroom. Would not want to be in there if all woke at the same time snd needed to use it. Just can not see your situation working out. But as always it is your family and your devision.

I think 4 adults in an inside cabin on the Caribbean Princess will be tight and uncomfortable.

We had my three daughters in an inside cabin on that same ship and they were much younger, (2 high school, one grade school age) and they were fine with it, but for 4 adults, I'd suggest two cabins.

If cost is an issue, maybe try to book off season or when there is a great sale and try to get two inside cabins.

This is how we would answer your question in Boston FUGHEDDABOUDIT!!!

If you do it you will have some great stories to tell everyone when you get home. It may be something you and your two sons will talk about forever. :) :).

Have a Great cruise!!!!!

Tony

It won't be a vacation it will be miserable. I suggest you find something to do with your sons that you can afford without putting all of you in an inside cabin. Take some masking tape and mark off the cabin size on your living room floor. Now add two beds (2 will be recessed in the ceiling so not taking up floor space yet). Now mark off a closet and bathroom and when you see what's left the answer should be apparent.

I stayed in a balcony room with four adults and it was very doable because we used the showers in the spa/sauna area. We spent all of our time out of the cabin. I think if an interior is all you can do right now, go for it and have fun, make adjustments. It is a one week vacation, it isn't your home for life.

It won't be a vacation it will be miserable. I suggest you find something to do with your sons that you can afford without putting all of you in an inside cabin. Take some masking tape and mark off the cabin size on your living room floor. Now add two beds (2 will be recessed in the ceiling so not taking up floor space yet). Now mark off a closet and bathroom and when you see what's left the answer should be apparent.

Inside cabins don't have recessed in the ceiling beds.

The #3 & #4 beds are attached to the wall and stick out from the wall at least 8".

It would be horrible, plus there isn't enough storage for clothes for 4 adults.You would have to really pack light.

When four are in an inside room, it looks like two sets of bunk beds. Each set of beds against the wall. Two on one side, two on the other. The bottom beds cannot be put together to make a queen for safety issues. Besides, if the lower beds were set up as a queen, there would be no floor space except for a small area by the dresser and the floor space in the closet.

During the day, when the bunks are put away they fold up onto the side wall and as another poster said, stick out about 8 inches or so.

There is no couch/love seat. During the day there is only the two lower beds to sit on along with two small chairs.

Edited by vmom

Wedid

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Is doable, would not want to though. We did a three day 16 years ago in an IS with our teenage (16) year old daughters. Took some scheduling but we managed. Do it again - no way!

Your sons are in their 20's, are they going to want to be on your sleep schedule?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by dennbr9

Another vote for no way. Here's a link to a video of an inside cabin that accommodates four. Footage of the sleeping arrangement is at about 1 minute and 30 seconds.

Shakiest damn video I've ever seen. And the first time I've been seasick on a Princess ship.

I'm with the majority. Don't do it. Not even if you're Otis B. Driftwood:

Planning for four adults in an interior cabin does not seem like a relaxing vacation IMHO.

It seems more like the steerage situations that my Irish ancestors experienced in the late 1800's !

Consider watching for sales,price drops or promotions from Princess for a more affordable rate if you ate trying to vacation on a budget.

Inside cabins don't have recessed in the ceiling beds.

The #3 & #4 beds are attached to the wall and stick out from the wall at least 8".

It would be horrible, plus there isn't enough storage for clothes for 4 adults.You would have to really pack light.

You're right this bed configuration is worse. I wouldn't call it a vacation with four people in such a cabin.

We actually cruised for a week with 5 in an interior room! Our sons were teenagers at the time, but two of them were very close to 6 feet tall. We had two bunk beds on the wall, and they brought in a rollaway bed for our 3rd son. It was very tight! My sister, her husband, and my two nephews (also teenagers) were on the same trip staying together in another interior cabin. With all of those boys around, I banished everybody from the room when I needed to shower! Now we book mini-suites for just my husband and I :D