Tracy Arm and Misty Fjord

marazul

There are small boat excursions offered to both Tracy Arm (Sawyer Glaciers) and to Misty Fjord (the far end). If you were to pick only one which one would you choose? Which of the two places is your favorite?

Budget Queen??? Any comments would be welcome.

My preference is for flying Misty Fiords. You can not get the views of the vastness, alpine lakes or distance that you get from the air. The combo tour would be my only recommendation.

For Tracy Arm- if taking from a cruise ship- you must be accepting of going to Endicott Arm which by cruise ship is also good. Tracy Arm is a spectacular trip with glacier viewing.

Depends on your overall plans and what you wish to see and do?

Thanks, Coral. I just booked Tracy Arm. :)

I have done both and Misty Fiords has one area that is stunning but the rest doesn't stand out from the rest of Alaskan scenery.

I have thoroughly enjoyed my Tracy Arm excursions. One time we didn't get another the turn to see the glacier and another time we were diverted to Endicott Arm but both times, I still greatly enjoyed the excursion.

Thanks, Coral. I just booked Tracy Arm. :)
You made the right decision. I loved both of our Misty Fjords boat excursions, but the Tracy Arm excursion is spectacular!

Do consider flightseeing over the Misty Fjords. We went with Island Wings 10 years ago, and that excursion remains our all-time favorite. We look at the photos we took all the time.

You made the right decision. I loved both of our Misty Fjords boat excursions, but the Tracy Arm excursion is spectacular!

Do consider flightseeing over the Misty Fjords. We went with Island Wings 10 years ago, and that excursion remains our all-time favorite. We look at the photos we took all the time.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Glad I saw this thread since it was my exact question. They are both very expensive (~$250) so I trying to choose which one would be a must. I booked Tracy arm from the ship. Unfortunately we are only in Juneau until 1:00 so I had no other choice besides the cruiseline small boat excursion.

• 4 weeks later...

If you can do only one, I agree that Tracy Arm is the one to choose. However, I must say we enjoyed the Misty Fjords tour. However, I do wish we had done the combo tour as mentioned above. That way you get the vastness from above as well as the view from water level, which was quite amazing actually.