Celebrity Silhouette Gratuities

stanw

How do you find all the people involved in the service, who would be getting part of the gratuity if you just leave the auto tip in place? My advice, if you want to use cash, is to set up a cash account at Guest Services, leave the auto tip on, and then settle your SeaPass account in cash. That way no one is overlooked.

Hi,

I don't want gratuities to be put on my Visa card. I prefer to pay cash to the staff. How do I avoid paying gratuities up front? Thanks for any advice.

Just make a cash payment to guest relations for the total amount of the gratuiites charged. Problem solved.:)

If you go to guest services, you can tell them to remove the auto gratuities from your credit card. It is an easy process. You can pay cash as you see fit after that. Like a prior post indicated some people behind the scenes will not receive their portion of the gratuities and the ones you do tip will have to put any money received into a shared pool that is divided by the crew. It is your choice on what to do. Have a wonderful cruise.

If you remove the scheduled gratuities, supervisors interpret this as a result of poor service and the service personnel get black marks against them. Keep the auto tips, pay your account in cash, and have a wonderful vacation with no unintended consequences

I'm more concerned with the service people getting their tips. What makes anyone think the bartender gets his 18%? How does the cruise line divide the money? How much does the cruise line keep? Pretty naïve to think the cruise line doesn't take a cut. Why can't a diner leave a tip on the table just like any other restaurant in the world? Thanks for your reply.

I'm more concerned with the service people getting their tips. What makes anyone think the bartender gets his 18%? How does the cruise line divide the money? How much does the cruise line keep? Pretty naïve to think the cruise line doesn't take a cut. Why can't a diner leave a tip on the table just like any other restaurant in the world? Thanks for your reply.

Why not just go on your cruise and enjoy yourself. I find these discussions silly since the cruise line will do what they wish and quite frankly we have no say.

Why not just go on your cruise and enjoy yourself. I find these discussions silly since the cruise line will do what they wish and quite frankly we have no say.

I find these discussions interesting, so many people think they understand the gratuity distribution. I totally agree with you that the cruise line will do what they wish and we have little say in the matter. Happy cruising!

I find these discussions interesting, so many people think they understand the gratuity distribution. I totally agree with you that the cruise line will do what they wish and we have little say in the matter. Happy cruising!

I used to think they were interesting until I realized that those people asking about removing gratuities don't care about the distribution. They are not dispensing cash instead of the automatic gratuities. That claim is a cover for stiffing the crew.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Stanw asked why cant you lea e cash on the table like you do at a restaurant? I actually saw someone do that in the buffet a few years ago. An elderly man, apparently well known to the crew, carefully folded up a dollar bill and tucked it under his plate.

But really, nobody wants to go around with lots of cash in their pocket during a cruise. The odd extra cash tip ok, but meal after meal, day after day? It's not how the system works and it must work pretty well, because employees stick around for years. If they were dissatisfied, they would look for work elsewhere.