2017 -List of officers , concierge, hotel director etc.

sjnyc323

I am curious, why people need to know the Restaurant Manager name or the Hotel manager name prior to cruise?

I could see asking about Cruise Director. If you don't like the person, do you cancel your cruise?

Please shed some light.

I could see if you are friends with this person.

I needed to write a letter. (Good letter, not a complaint.) I always figure it's better to use the person's name and not just their title, or "To Whom It May Concern."

so you know hotel managers by name?

yes, many of them.

As mentioned, they are the Senior Managers on board. I like to get to know them, because happy crew = happy me, and if ever there's any type of issue that needs solving, this is the person who can deal with it.

Plus, many are really interesting people, who have traveled the world (as have I), and it makes for fun story-swapping.

Stephen

We agree on that!! there is one we would certainly never sail we would cancel if he was the HD

I really do not understand how you and Uniall. I have met Uniall on the Sun a lot cruises ago. Cabin crawl. Owners suite. You are a very kind and intelligent person. A man of wisdom. And now you say if the thought of someone's presence will affect a decision to consider an itinerary and price that looks great to you.

My first impression for the Immortal Brain Waters back in 2104 during the midway on a B2B. Things just were not right that first week. I confronted him and lets just say we both caught each other at the wrong time. But you know we were able to work things out. The second week a little better. I have since sailed with Brain over 70 days. We are friends. No, we are family. He even brought it up at the M&G on the Suns last Alaskan cruise. He gave me a little shot about complaining in front of everyone. But I was surprised he remember. I am very happy we both gave each other a second chance:D.

This is fascinating! I also mean no disrespect, do all book a hotel while traveling based on the hotel manager, housekeeping manager, concierge, etc? I feel a happy cruiser helps set the tone for all involved. If one is rude, demanding, mad because the ship has a lot of people, seas are rough, etc is something I think we all don't want. I feel these people just want names to yell at.

To stay on task, I am in awe of you guys that know and are passionate about this stuff.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

This is fascinating! I also mean no disrespect, do all book a hotel while traveling based on the hotel manager, housekeeping manager, concierge, etc? I feel a happy cruiser helps set the tone for all involved. If one is rude, demanding, mad because the ship has a lot of people, seas are rough, etc is something I think we all don't want. I feel these people just want names to yell at.

To stay on task, I am in awe of you guys that know and are passionate about this stuff.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

One reason I book a particular resort and spa is a massage therapist in the spa there. I love to do Spa trips and when you find a great massage therapist it makes a good trip great.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I really do not understand how you and Uniall. I have met Uniall on the Sun a lot cruises ago. Cabin crawl. Owners suite. You are a very kind and intelligent person. A man of wisdom. And now you say if the thought of someone's presence will affect a decision to consider an itinerary and price that looks great to you.

My first impression for the Immortal Brain Waters back in 2104 during the midway on a B2B. Things just were not right that first week. I confronted him and lets just say we both caught each other at the wrong time. But you know we were able to work things out. The second week a little better. I have since sailed with Brain over 70 days. We are friends. No, we are family. He even brought it up at the M&G on the Suns last Alaskan cruise. He gave me a little shot about complaining in front of everyone. But I was surprised he remember. I am very happy we both gave each other a second chance:D.

Please take this in the light, amusing manner that it is intended.

First, I hope you didn't call him Brian Waters. (I am guessing that this was a typo.)

Brian would have laughed, but I assume that you know that his last name is Walters.

My Mom's maiden name was Walters and we had a good laugh when we decided that we must be related.

I am very happy that you worked through the misunderstandings. As you know, he is a remarkable man.

Brian's type of HD is fading away as the Miami people let it be known that the bottom line is more important than anything else. Period.

Brian is undoubtedly one of the reasons that NCL got to where it is.

I wish they were encouraging more of the newer HDs to emulate Brian, Sean, Richard, Alaine and our dear, dear friend Yannis (who has left NCL). I'm sure I have forgotten to mention the names of other very good, approachable HDs, but these are the ones that readily come to mind for me.

We still have some of the "old school" HDs and I love and prefer to said with them.

You can tell when you are on one of their ships - they can be seen around the ship much of the time.

They will stop and chat with you, sometimes even invite you to have dinner with them. They make eye contact and always try to say hello if possible.

Many of the newer HDs (in my opinion) tend to avoid eye contact when they are out and around the ship.

It's like they want to be sure that they don't have to stop and talk to passengers.

Their presence around the ship is much less often.

I also consider who will be our HD and other officers if possible. I probably would not cancel a cruise because of officers, but if I can, I prefer to have the great ones. They can make a very good cruise into an awesome, amazing cruise.

I really didn't mean to go on for so long, but there it is.

Keep smiling and cruising!

Judy

First, I hope you didn't call him Brian Waters. (I am guessing that this was a typo.)

Brian would have laughed, but I assume that you know that his last name is Walters.

My Mom's maiden name was Walters and we had a good laugh when we decided that we must be related.

I am very happy that you worked through the misunderstandings. As you know, he is a remarkable man.

Brian's type of HD is fading away as the Miami people let it be known that the bottom line is more important than anything else. Period.

I wish they were encouraging more of the newer HDs to emulate Brian, Sean, Richard, Alaine and our dear, dear friend Yannis (who has left NCL). I'm sure I have forgotten to mention the names of other very good, approachable HDs, but these are the ones that readily come to mind for me.

We still have some of the "old school" HDs and I love and prefer to said with them.

You can tell when you are on one of their ships - they can be seen around the ship much of the time.

They will stop and chat with you, sometimes even invite you to have dinner with them. They make eye contact and always try to say hello if possible.

Many of the newer HDs (in my opinion) tend to avoid eye contact when they are out and around the ship.

It's like they want to be sure that they don't have to stop and talk to passengers.

I also consider who will be our HD and other officers if possible. I probably would not cancel a cruise because of officers, but if I can, I prefer to have the great ones. They can make a very good cruise into an awesome, amazing cruise.

Judy

Was ita typo? I will let you decide. But thank you for pointing out my mistake. Grammer and speling are not my best subjects. I just know Brian as Brian and he knows me just as that crazy old man (I think he knows my name). Like I said we are family. Brian is an excellent hospitality representative, BUT that is it. It Brain (there I go again) truly is one of the reasons NCL is were it is, wouldn't you think he would have a high paying office job in FLA. He is a wonderful gentleman. With a lot of experience and knowledge. After starting in the business in 1969, all he has show is that he is a very loyal employee who has succeded and risen through the ranks. At this point in time I beleive that Brian would make a better consultant on customer service or even better a quality assurance inspector. But when you are 10 weeks on then 10 weeks (or whatever schedule he keeps) off how can one really set tone for the rest of the crew. Do the mice play when the cats away?

In my humble opinon I beleive that most of the NCL cruise staff and corporate NCL try to do the best they can for there cruise guests and set the tone for the cruise and the HD is there to make sure all the schematics are being used.

All HD are just general managers of a cruise ship. They can make suggestions about policy changes but cannot take manners in their own hands. They still work for a higher boss. They still have to get an approval. And how many military agencies recognize any HD or cruise staff members as officiers. It is just a given title.

Like a lot of people I too want to know who the senior staff is. But I will never let a certain individual affect my decision on a cruise that I want to take. I will just try to stay as far away from them as possible. And when our paths do cross, I will acknowledge with a kind smile.:)

Regarding NCL hotel directors work schedules, unless changes have been made recently, they work 4 months and have two months off. NCL has maintained some continuity by rotating some of the F and B directors into HD positions on the same ships.

Some of the officers have influenced my decisions on booking cruises. Some who have left NCL are truly missed and if they return to the sea life with another line it could affect my cruising decisions.

I will add that the corporate changes have made a big impact on my booking decisions and my bookings with NCL have diminished.

First let me say I agree that Brian Walters is one of the Good Guys.

The HD I would avoid is rarely mentioned in these pages. My problem with the unnamed Bad Guy has nothing to do with the way he dealt with me. My problem with him is observing the way he dealt with a multitude of other people.

First let me say I agree that Brian Walters is one of the Good Guys.

The HD I would avoid is rarely mentioned in these pages. My problem with the unnamed Bad Guy has nothing to do with the way he dealt with me. My problem with him is observing the way he dealt with a multitude of other people.

Then why stay quiet. Why let the problem continue. Voice your opinion. Any person who just "cares" about life will be willing to listen to anyone who can talk positively about a customer service issue. It is about "we" not "I". It is not just your problem it is all the cruisers problem. And is this person fixing this problem just for you or don't you think the person is fixing it for everyone. Like I said earlier. My first encounter with Brian was negative. And sometimes the truth hurts. But as professionals, we hopefully try not to take complaints personally. And as a gentleman, Brain was concerned about my observations.

It is all about "timing". Any recognition rather positive or negative has to done on the ship and directly at the source and not here on CC two weeks later. And "HERO" cards are responses in a timely manner.

And my observations of the customer service staff on the SUN are that they have always "yes" always treated me with the same courtesy and respect as all the other cruise guests even though I am just a crazy old man, no matter who is in charge. I love my SUN:D and will miss her next year in Alaska.

Then why stay quiet. Why let the problem continue. Voice your opinion. Any person who just "cares" about life will be willing to listen to anyone who can talk positively about a customer service issue. It is about "we" not "I". It is not just your problem it is all the cruisers problem. And is this person fixing this problem just for you or don't you think the person is fixing it for everyone. Like I said earlier. My first encounter with Brian was negative. And sometimes the truth hurts. But as professionals, we hopefully try not to take complaints personally. And as a gentleman, Brain was concerned about my observations.

It is all about "timing". Any recognition rather positive or negative has to done on the ship and directly at the source and not here on CC two weeks later. And "HERO" cards are responses in a timely manner.

And my observations of the customer service staff on the SUN are that they have always "yes" always treated me with the same courtesy and respect as all the other cruise guests even though I am just a crazy old man, no matter who is in charge. I love my SUN:D and will miss her next year in Alaska.

The only reason I mentioned The One Bad Guy is because someone asked if we'd ever cancel a cruise because of an HD.

Judy

What a great post - but lets add Klaus Lugmaier as the godfather woh made NCL what it is today. But as I always say they have lost some great guys in Mustafa and Prem.

Judy we are totally in agreement about the bottom line but that is that the world we live in.

Dawn as of Oct 9

Capt Martin Hormquist

HD Alain Mangier (par excellence)

F&B Tony Winkler

CD Richard Matic

Hskpr Jose De Jesus

Guest Serv. Michelle Grace

Exec Chef Baiju Ravindran

Bev Raj Rodrigues

Wow, I am impressed you have the updated list. We just got off the Dawn Oct 6th after two weeks. All the officers are outstanding! The HD’s last name is Magnier. Richard, CD, is outstanding. Osley just left as Exec Housekeeper — who was super. Enjoy the Dawn — we did! Roel is the Concierge and Jessica is the Assistant. Sherry, Canada, is the Cruise Next.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Dawn as of Oct 9

Capt Martin Hormquist

HD Alain Mangier (par excellence)

F&B Tony Winkler

CD Richard Matic

Hskpr Jose De Jesus

Guest Serv. Michelle Grace

Exec Chef Baiju Ravindran

Bev Raj Rodrigues

Thanks for the update. I see in a later post that Roel is the concierge. We've cruised with him on the Star and liked him.

Uniall, can you please confirm Roel will still be on the Dawn on October 20? I seem to remember him saying he was leaving before then ... ? TIA!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nancy

Roel is standing next to me. He says to tell you he asked for an extension till Oct 27 just to see you.

John