2017 -List of officers , concierge, hotel director etc.

sjnyc323

JEWEL HOTEL SENIOR MANAGEMENT Beginning 2 September:

Hotel Director: Steven Jacobsen

Food and Beverage: Mohammad Hasan

Restaurant Manager: Noel Chaves

I hope that these are as good as Djamel and Messiah who we had from Rome to Singapore last year.

Mike

Noel Chaves was wonderful to us on our May cruise on the Jewel! Always went of his way to make our dining experience perfect!

Ncl Epic, does anyone know who is the hotel director and his assistant at present. Richard and Mustafa were supposed to be back on the Epic after their vacation.

Mustafa now working for Holland America and Richard is on the Gem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

For those few of us who do not do (hate) texting, please post complete words and sentences.

I do text John, but I also do not like the abbreviations.

People have to be old fashioned and text me in sentences.

LOL

(Get it.....LOL....Laugh Out Loud....);p

I learned that from my granddaughter right before I asked her to use sentences.

Judy

Noel was one of our favorites in the late 1980s thru 90s. Our kids will always remember him. He, Mustafa, Charlie Fernandez and Vik P started with NCL at same time. Some of the greats.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Absolutely the greats and Noel is one the most under stated.

Musti is also a true great HAL have done well to get him

Ok agreed but then DH, IMHO etc all need to be typed in full

That makes sense to me. As a matter of fact, I never use DW.

Considering, on our wedding day, my Dear Wife told me: "I do not believe in divorce, I believe in murder", I always refer to her as "Sharon Rae" or "She who must be obeyed." ;)

I've always regarded "IMHO" to be verbiage used by a controlling person hiding behind a false sense of humility. :rolleyes:

Finally, I never liked "etc." I always preferred "and the like" :cool:

That makes sense to me. As a matter of fact, I never use DW.

Considering, on our wedding day, my Dear Wife told me: "I do not believe in divorce, I believe in murder", I always refer to her as "Sharon Rae" or "She who must be obeyed." ;)

I've always regarded "IMHO" to be verbiage used by a controlling person hiding behind a false sense of humility. :rolleyes:

Finally, I never liked "etc." I always preferred "and the like" :cool:

Agree with all except in the UK there was an old show where the prime character always referred to his wife as --'er indoors.

the "IMHO" comment is superb - well said.

The etc comment I agree and your alternative is actually more correct,

Good Morning,

Can someone please give me the names of the officers on the Escape. I will be sailing her again in a few weeks and want to get the M&G invitations done. (Captain, Hotel Director, F&B, Guest Relations, Concierge, Food, Cruise Director, any of them please).

Thanks, Candie

I absolutely disagree - here we go again basing opinions on other peoples remarks.

The guy is fantastic and at the end of a very long contract. Do you work 7 days a week for 6 months constantly bombarded with guests and issues to solve. He like all the others is human and if you have a problem keep it to yourself or tell NCL! end of!!

I know I will get a lot of flack over this post but it really is time that we stop attacking individuals or making any negative remarks about them as they can not defend themselves.

I wonder what they would write about you or your friends if the could.

If you think Stefan is the best HD you ever cruised with let me tell you that you have not cruised often with NCL.

He may good but there are plenty better.

I do not think that anyone would disagree that Klaus Lugmaier was in a different league (higher) and Stefan maybe good but Klaus is the Man United top of the premier league or Chelsea.

I agree 100% with you on this post, but as your "mum said,'if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all'" ... you have spent quite a bit of time knocking Hugo who had a LEGION of fans. So, let's practice what we preach. ;)

I agree 100% with you on this post, but as your "mum said,'if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all'" ... you have spent quite a bit of time knocking Hugo who had a LEGION of fans. So, let's practice what we preach. ;)

Please show where I knocked him. I think you will find that it relates to where I said something like I accept others like him but i did not, as an example of opinions. "spent quite a bit of time" please can you expand on that. Always happy to be corrected - and apologise

If you want to talk about legions I think you will find Prem, Mustafa, Yannis. Sean. Captain Mikael. and Klaus are in a league of their own. I would even suggest that Klaus is simply beyond all of them. Please not to forget the late Calvin Lodge - may not have a legion of fans but a true gentleman whom we personally deeply miss.

Sure plenty will disagree with my list or add to it but given that very sadly that most of them are no ex NCL I do not suppose it matters.

Edited by bmwman

originally posted by travel junkie judy i am agreeing with you 100% about the golden era being a thing of the past.

We are high platinum plus and don't need a lot to make it to ambassador.

We may never see that happen.

Yannis has been a favorite for many, many years. He will be missed by all that have met him.

The same with mustafa.

Other favorites have already left.

Fewer officers (in my opinion) are seen around the ship - except our dear, dear friend, brian walters and a few others.

With all of our favorite staff leaving ncl, it is reaffirming that the new management is bottom line oriented.

Kevin o. Was passenger oriented.

What a difference!

Prices are up and general service is down.

Our service as platinum plus is still very good, but not as good as it was a few years ago.

As each of these favorite staff members leave, the level goes down.

Someone at the corporate level should sit back and look at what is happening to what was the most wonderful cruise line out there.

But, if mediocracy and mega ships are what they want, they can count me out.

It sure looks like that is what is in store for ncl.

I think that brian is one of the finest people i've ever met - anywhere.

There are not enough superlative adjectives to describe him.

I am also very sad about what i see happening with ncl.

I have always loved cruising with ncl and i will continue to do so, for at least a few more cruises.

I keep thinking that corporate will "see the light" and return to passenger friendly and passenger oriented cruises.

As long as there are some of the "old style" crew and officers, hopefully we can cruise with ncl again.

I will say that for the first time in years, i have no ncl cruises in the works.

The prices have gotten to where we must pick and choose carefully.

The gratuities alone are now ridiculously high. It makes it harder for us to add additional tips to those that provide the extra, extra services.

So, here's to brian walters and all of the wonderful ncl officers and staff that still consider the passenger first.

There may be fewer of them, but they are all stars to me.

here here !!!

David and I have had the privilege of meeting many of the new recruits and have never had a problem with any of them.

Brings to mind the Brownies song, "Make new friends, but keep the old.

One is silver and the other gold."

Apologies for being trite.

Will advise Epic staff early December.

Cinci