Drinks package question

Melthemag

Hi all,

Me and my wife are first time cruisers we are sailing on the navigator of the seas in September .

We both have the deluxe drinks package, what I would like to know is will we both have to go to the bar when we want a round of drinks or will I be able to go to the bar with both cards to order our drinks

Thanks

Mel

You will both have to go,to the bar... however, we like to have our "go-to" bartender(s) and we tip like $1 each round (cash) so usually after a day or two, I have found that they know us and just one has to go to the bar. However, per the program, you both must be present at the bar.

Hi all,

Me and my wife are first time cruisers we are sailing on the navigator of the seas in September .

We both have the deluxe drinks package, what I would like to know is will we both have to go to the bar when we want a round of drinks or will I be able to go to the bar with both cards to order our drinks

Thanks

Mel[/quote

Yes, you may get 2 drinks with 2 cards.

Have a wonderful cruise!!:)

You will both have to go,to the bar... however, we like to have our "go-to" bartender(s) and we tip like $1 each round (cash) so usually after a day or two, I have found that they know us and just one has to go to the bar. However, per the program, you both must be present at the bar.

We have had the drink package for several years now and never had to be both present.......even on boarding day when DH was off for the carving station.:confused::confused::confused:

Your grats are built into the price. We have had wonderful service and tipped at the end of the cruise to our favorite bartender.

Edited by Ocean Dancer

Hi all,

Thanks

Mel

Could vary by ship, bar server, etc., but we've had no problem getting two drinks with two SeaPass cards.

Hi all,

Thanks

Mel

I also had no problems at all getting 2 drinks with both our cards. My wife hardly ever even went to the bar.

On our next cruise on Anthem, My wife hinted that she would get the optional WowBand just so I could keep her seapass card in my pocket :rolleyes:

Happy Cruising.

dp

Edited by dpostman

Hi all,

Thanks

Mel

We've never had a problem on any RCL ship taking 2 cards to the bar and getting 2 drinks.

Quick question related to the drinks package -- The Deluxe Package is $48/per person if I purchase in advance. If we wait to purchase when we board, does anyone know the cost? Trying to figure out if we'll save $ by purchasing now. We are sailing a 3-nighter on Enchantment 1.6.17.

EDIT:

DISREGARD my previous question, please -- I found another thread that sort of answers my question. :)

Edited by TravlGrl
question not necessary

Quick question related to the drinks package -- The Deluxe Package is $48/per person if I purchase in advance. If we wait to purchase when we board, does anyone know the cost? Trying to figure out if we'll save $ by purchasing now. We are sailing a 3-nighter on Enchantment 1.6.17.

Price can vary by cruise. If you're getting a discount by booking pre-cruise, I'd take it.

Hi all,

Thanks

Mel

Rules say 2 people 2 cards but in reality usually 1 person 2 cards works as well. Like Paz222 we usually get a couple of "goto" waiters or bartenders then there's no issue.

Hi all,

Thanks

Mel

We always get the drink package and we have never been refused with one person getting two drinks with both of our cards. Now having to sign for the drinks has always been different depending on the ship...Some we have to sign and others we don't

Sent from Psycho's iPad using Forums

Rules say 2 people 2 cards but in reality usually 1 person 2 cards works as well. Like Paz222 we usually get a couple of "goto" waiters or bartenders then there's no issue.

Where is the rule that says 2 people must go to the bar? I've not seen that written anywhere and like the other commentators have not ever experienced that onboard

Never had a problem ordering 2 drinks if I took wife's card along with mine. I used to take her UP card to get her coffee in the morning as well, and nobody cared.

Last cruise I did order a single drink for her with her card from an unfamiliar bartender and he said "You are not Katherine... where is Katherine?" (I don't look at all like a Katherine) I showed him my card with UP on it and she waved from across the bar where she was sitting. He was making sure I wasn't using her card to get myself a drink.

I've been getting the drink package for 5 cruises now and never have we had to both be present if I had two cards...even without a "tip."