Solo cruise out of FL

Buckeye10640

Looking for suggestions for a ship with single cabins for a 3, 4 or 5 day cruise out of FL. Thanks!

Your best bet on Carnival for solo is usually a category 1A which is the lowest inside category. It's rare though to find any reduced solo fares on Carnival. Bookings have been strong so Carnival doesn't have incentive to reduce their solo supplement. You might want to look at Celebrity. They sail out of Fort Lauderdale, and they do "Tuesday Specials" which sometime offer great fares and reduced solo supplements. Last week I saw a 3 day Bahamas cruise on Celebrity Silhouette on January 19th with reduced fares and 150% solo supplement. You can Google "Celebrity Tuesday Specials" to find their weekly Tuesday offers. Celebrity publishes them online on a PDF-type list.

One of the reasons, I believe, that they don't offer these solo cabins with no supplement anymore, is because couples and two people who usually cruise in one cabin, decided to book two solos so they could have more room. while it sounds like a good idea, it would definetly cut down on their revenue by not being able to book the second cabin with more people in it. Unfortuneatly, that caused a problem... just my opinion though...:) I really don't know their reasons... but don't blame them at all if this is it.

Also, I would have probably done the same thing if i had the chance to have more space.... but then again... maybe not:D

Looking for suggestions for a ship with single cabins for a 3, 4 or 5 day cruise out of FL. Thanks!

Can you provide a date you may be looking at? Next week? Next Month? This Spring / Summer / Fall 2017?

There are generally no 3 day Ft Lauderdale based cruises but a decent amount of 4 & 5 day cruises from Ft Lauderdale on the Carnival Conquest, Celebrity Summit and RCCL Independence Of The Seas.

NCL does not sail it's Getaway/Escape class ships with the studio cabins from Ft Lauderdale. They go 7 nights from Miami.

Can you provide a date you may be looking at? Next week? Next Month? This Spring / Summer / Fall 2017?

There are generally no 3 day Ft Lauderdale based cruises but a decent amount of 4 & 5 day cruises from Ft Lauderdale on the Carnival Conquest, Celebrity Summit and RCCL Independence Of The Seas.

NCL does not sail it's Getaway/Escape class ships with the studio cabins from Ft Lauderdale. They go 7 nights from Miami.

I believe the OP is looking for cruises from FL (Florida) not FLL (Fort Lauderdale). In which case Carnival has short cruises from Tampa, Miami, Port Canaveral and Jacksonville. EM

I believe the OP is looking for cruises from FL (Florida) not FLL (Fort Lauderdale). In which case Carnival has short cruises from Tampa, Miami, Port Canaveral and Jacksonville. EM

You win the Reading Comprehension Ship on a Stick Trophy of the Day!

Carnival doesn't have single cabins. Unless you happen to get lucky and find a deal (they are extremely rare now), you will pay double occupancy. It really bites as I like to travel by myself a lot.

Same here. Love solo cruising. Frequently end up taking my ex-wife (no problem we're very good friends :D) just to defeat the bean counters. Doesn't cost me anything, she gets a cruise for port fees & taxes and everybody wins.:)

Thanks everyone! Did not realize Carnival had no single cabins in their fleet. NCL looks like a viable option.....a quick look shows nice cabins and a decent price. I will keep an eye out for deals as I am not set on any specific sailing date or itinerary other than sailing from Florida.

Just sailed on the Paradise in Dec with 2 in an ocean view. I did not feel terribly crowded....I cant imagine booking separate room just to have more space!

Thanks everyone! Did not realize Carnival had no single cabins in their fleet. NCL looks like a viable option.....a quick look shows nice cabins and a decent price. I will keep an eye out for deals as I am not set on any specific sailing date or itinerary other than sailing from Florida.

Just sailed on the Paradise in Dec with 2 in an ocean view. I did not feel terribly crowded....I cant imagine booking separate room just to have more space!

I've read reviews where couples booked balcony cabins, one on each side of the ship. They had a port view either way the ship docked.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Same here. Love solo cruising. Frequently end up taking my ex-wife (no problem we're very good friends :D) just to defeat the bean counters. Doesn't cost me anything, she gets a cruise for port fees & taxes and everybody wins.:)

Can I be your ex? Lol.

I'm not sure about that "nice cabins" statement on NCL. Their solo cabins are closets. Carnival's 1A cabins offer a lot more space and may be similar in price to NCL's solo cabins, and are sometimes cheaper. Just be sure to weigh your options before booking.

And all Carnival ships offer 1A categories. And some of Carnival's older ships (their Fantasy class ships) offer good prices on those 1A cabins.

Whatever you decide on, I hope you have a great cruise.

I'm not sure about that "nice cabins" statement on NCL. Their solo cabins are closets. Carnival's 1A cabins offer a lot more space and may be similar in price to NCL's solo cabins, and are sometimes cheaper. Just be sure to weigh your options before booking.

And all Carnival ships offer 1A categories. And some of Carnival's older ships (their Fantasy class ships) offer good prices on those 1A cabins.

Whatever you decide on, I hope you have a great cruise.

I've sailed a couple of times in NCL's solo studios (on the Epic and POA) and I didn't feel like they were closets at all. They feature a full size bed, a small seat, desk, TV, closet and storage, sink/vanity, shower and toilet in separate "stalls," and cool white decor with colored lighting effects. There's even a "window" that looks out to the corridor (with a privacy feature). Cozy but plenty of space for one person. The Studio Lounge allows more room to stretch out, with coffee, snacks, more TVs, and even a dedicated bartender in the evenings.

Oops!! My bad.

Living in Fort Lauderdale and seeing FL made me think FLL = Fort Lauderdale.

In which case, yes, Carnival has a plethora of short cruises from Tampa, Miami, Port Canaveral and Jacksonville.

• 2 weeks later...
Only two lines I know with solo cabins(and only on a few of their ships are royal and Norwegian

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Cunard Line's ships also have single cabins. Rumor mill is they won't be singles for long, though. I do hope they keep single cabins on at least the grand Queen Mary 2. Solo passengers cross the Atlantic quite frequently and there is a demand for them.

Only two lines I know with solo cabins(and only on a few of their ships are royal and Norwegian

I was unaware some of Royal Caribbean's ships have single cabins. Do you happen to know which ones? I will have to look into that. Thank you! :)

I was unaware some of Royal Caribbean's ships have single cabins. Do you happen to know which ones? I will have to look into that. Thank you! :)

Anthem, Quantum and Harmony I know for sure do. With the dry docking of other ships recently in not sure about others.