Bring Back Blue Man Group

BKNYChick

After watching NCL Epic's Mighty Ship episode today I am even more hyped for my upcoming April 2017 cruise.

But am very disappointed that Blue Man Group has been removed from her entertainment line up. Why???

Is it too late to start a Bring BMG Back campaign?

No thanks- Priscilla is a fabulous show! BMG not interesting to me, I was thrilled when they changed it.

Our group of six went to see the BMG in 2012 on the Epic. DW and I are seniors, the other four included my Son and his friends in late 30s.

We made the mistake of sitting in seats that made it very difficult to leave during the show. We wanted to leave since the show was one of the worst we have ever seen on a cruise. My Son and his friends left about half way through the show. The main highlights of the show involved one of the group catching something like gum balls in his mouth. The show seemed to be designed to attract 12 year old boys.

Our group of six went to see the BMG in 2012 on the Epic. DW and I are seniors, the other four included my Son and his friends in late 30s.

We made the mistake of sitting in seats that made it very difficult to leave during the show. We wanted to leave since the show was one of the worst we have ever seen on a cruise. My Son and his friends left about half way through the show. The main highlights of the show involved one of the group catching something like gum balls in his mouth. The show seemed to be designed to attract 12 year old boys.

I'm glad that my disinterest is validated then! Reminds me of when we went to see a comedian on the Epic- we always sat down front for Priscilla or Burn the Floor, but we sat at the back for the comedian so we could make an exit if needed :p In the end we stayed for the whole show even though he was bad because we were still nervous to be seen leaving!

But yeah, BMG- I just don't get what's supposed to be so good about it. OP, give Priscilla a chance, its a wonderful production.

Edited by SquishTheWhale

Different strokes I guess. BMG has always been one of my favorite shows. It is different and obviously not for everyone. Had seen a couple times in Vegas before seeing on the Epic when it was still pretty new.

As mentioned it is pretty much the same show every time so not as great a repeat show, but it was very well received on the Epic when I was there. Definitely not a show people walk out of much. Been a hit in Vegas forever.

I loved the BMG, that being said we have now seen it 4 times, and it is basically the same show so not really interested in seeing it again, but can't believe all the people saying that didn't like it. It's clever and Haven't laughed harder in my life.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I can say that when we first booked the Epic, back in 2010 when she was new, I honestly booked it when I found out that Blue Man was going to be on it. I had always wanted to see them and I personally thought it was an awesome show.

We just went on the Epic for the second time about a month and a half ago and was super sad that Blue Man was not going to be on there this time around since my kids (adults and younger) had always wanted to see them as well. We knew that they had replaced it with Priscilla. I was just not thrilled about this AT ALL! We went to see the show and decided it was best to sit in a spot we could head out if it was something we didn't like. HOWEVER...it was AWESOME! We loved the show and I was very surprised. :D

(Still miss Blue Man though) :(

Alright, well after reading everyone's responses I am ready to go in to see Priscilla. I guess being a mom of a 12 year old and The Mighty Ships episode left me more desirable to see BMG.

Either way, my 4/14/17 cruise on Epic is all paid up and I'm RETT to go!

After watching NCL Epic's Mighty Ship episode today I am even more hyped for my upcoming April 2017 cruise. But am very disappointed that Blue Man Group has been removed from her entertainment line up. Why??? Is it too late to start a Bring BMG Back campaign?

The BMG and Legends in Concert had 5-year contracts with NCL. When the the 5 years were up, NCL elected to change the entertainment (during their October 2015 dry dock). Give their customers some variety (we sailed on the Epic 5 times with the BMG and were happy to see Priscilla). They also did not renew their contract with Nickelodeon.

It was also at the time when NCL planned to leave the Epic in Europe year-around and were looking for entertainment suited for a European customer base. When sales were [very] slow for the year-around European cruises, NCL cancelled that plan and moved the Epic back to do the winters in the Caribbean.

Edited by BirdTravels

BMG was on the ship for years. I saw it twice. No matter how good, the shows must change sooner or later. One good thing about BMG was it was loved by all ages. You had 8 year olds, 18 year olds, 28, year olds, 48 year olds and even 68 year olds all enjoying the show. Parents bring their kids to these Broadway shows and they don't have the patience to sit through them. I always thought BMG was a great choice for a cruise ship.

Edited by david_sobe

All I can say about BMG is that I'm glad I saw it on Epic for free so it was just a waste of time and not a waste of time AND MONEY!

As for Priscilla, I saw it on Broadway and enjoyed it a lot. Unfortunately, it wasn't a hit there. Glad it found a home on Epic although I'm guessing it's a scaled down version.

Edited by cruise pup

I saw the BMG on the Epic some years ago and enjoyed it but wouldn't watch it again. Absolutely loved Priscilla and will happily watch it again when I go back on the Epic later this year! Much better choice by NCL.

The only people who seemed to have a problem with it were some of the American passengers.