Star Azipod News and progress

karoo

You may have a great deal of experience at sea but what you've just written boils down to "if there's smoke, there's fire." As another poster has pointed out, this is a logical fallacy. This may be your best guess, but it is still only a guess. You are only undermining your own credibility when you try to present it as a fact.
Doesn't this cut both ways ? Frankly it is NCL's credibility that's suspect .

To The people sailing on the ship today

Go to the guest services desk as ask this question

"Has the Classification Society issued a condition of class to allow the ship to sail"

If they say Yes to that question you should insist on knowing what those conditions are

this May help you to decide to sail or not

Regards

John

I'm guessing you are going to get a very confused look . Personally I've never had good luck asking difficult questions at guest services . Actually asking is easy , getting an informed answer is the hard part .;)

A condition of class is only issued when a repair cannot be completed at the current port or time, due to lack of availability of spares or facilities, but that does not affect the seaworthiness of the vessel. When you say that "conditions of class" are common, the vast majority of conditions of class are dents in the ship that don't affect framework, and don't affect the strength of the ship, not major mechanical issues. Port state authorities will also ask, right off the bat, whether a ship has any conditions of class, in determining whether a ship can sail or not. Whether the ship actually sails is up to the Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA), as they will not allow the ship to sail without a recommendation from class, but they can always overrule class if they feel the ship still is not seaworthy.

Port state reports would indicate that what you describe is not quite what actually happens , I'll find you the URL to follow if you would like to read some of the Australian port state reports , they make interesting reading

Regards John .... Back later ..must go out in the Real World :D:eek:

Again I ask; would someone, preferably on board, start a new thread with FACTS about the ongoing situation. You could always start it with "We haven't left yet".. But it would be somewhere that we might be able to get FACTS about what is happening without all the surmises.

Again I ask; would someone, preferably on board, start a new thread with FACTS about the ongoing situation. You could always start it with "We haven't left yet".. But it would be somewhere that we might be able to get FACTS about what is happening without all the surmises.

Watch it sailing on the Marine Traffic app. It'll show you live speeds, position etc.

Watch it sailing on the Marine Traffic app. It'll show you live speeds, position etc.

I have a friend onboard who hopefully will post some photos of the wake for us.

It's like waiting for a baby to be delivered 😀

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

We haven't left yet? I'm not sure I want to read that[emoji6][emoji849][emoji848]

In 3 hours all will be revealed I guess!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Port state reports would indicate that what you describe is not quite what actually happens , I'll find you the URL to follow if you would like to read some of the Australian port state reports , they make interesting reading

Regards John .... Back later ..must go out in the Real World :D:eek:

I haven't found the actual PSC reports, I've read the annual report, and looked at the reports of detentions over the last half year or so, and don't see any mention of PSC being overruled by class or flag state, so yes, I'd like to see some actual reports.

NCL is embracing the recent problems with the Star.

You can now go down to the photo gallery and have your picture taken with the ship's Azipods. Anything for a buck, eh NCL?

star-azipod-vac-photo1.jpg

Wow, that's kind of crap! Ruin peoples holidays then make a buck out of it!

NCL is embracing the recent problems with the Star.

You can now go down to the photo gallery and have your picture taken with the ship's Azipods. Anything for a buck, eh NCL?

star-azipod-vac-photo1.jpg

Could be worse, they may start selling Noro cruises on the Sun Princess, the only cruises where you lose weight.:rolleyes:

Wow, that's kind of crap! Ruin peoples holidays then make a buck out of it!

It's consistent ... change the itinerary 4 times in the week leading up to the cruise, change it again on the day of sailing, don't give the option to cancel and then over charge for internet for people who need to change private tours and charge a fortune for ncl shore excursions because no one had a chance to "know" where they were visiting.

Before the responses flow yeah yeah I know the crew were still nice, the bar was still open, ncl are wonderful and just make lemonade

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

Captain has finally done an update minutes ago:

Departure is delayed due to engineers making final check. Did not specify a departure time. When we do sail, will test the system first with moderate power for 30 minutes, then mid-range power for 30 minutes then full power for 30 minutes. Will then drop anchor to give the engineers time to go and assess.

Looks like we will need pretty full juice all the way to Auckland. Around 1700 NM and showing a 6AM Saturday arrival, but that is speculation, obviously, at this point.

Will head aft at sailing to count wakes.

Captain has finally done an update minutes ago:

Departure is delayed due to engineers making final check. Did not specify a departure time. When we do sail, will test the system first with moderate power for 30 minutes, then mid-range power for 30 minutes then full power for 30 minutes. Will then drop anchor to give the engineers time to go and assess.

Looks like we will need pretty full juice all the way to Auckland. Around 1700 NM and showing a 6AM Saturday arrival, but that is speculation, obviously, at this point.

Will head aft at sailing to count wakes.

Good luck! Praying everything goes well!