First times cruising from Port Everglades-Need hotel

mitsugirly

We fly to FLL all the time for cruises, but we have always cruised out of Port Canaveral or Miami and had to get transportation there.

This will be our first cruise from Port Everglades.

Where is a good place to stay for the night? Any that offer free transportation from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the port?

We need some place that is located within walking distance to food for dinner (doesn't have to be fancy...can be as simple as McDonalds) and also walking distance to a store (for "soda" and can be a gas station).

If it's a place that offers free hot breakfast...please let me know.

Let me know your thoughts. :)

Dozens of threads with all sorts of hotel, eats and transport information just down the board. ...

Yep, I'm sure there is, but then I would be posting on several threads, lose track of which is which and I actually did do a search and most that had the words "port everglades" were much older unless I'm searching wrong. It's easier for me to have my own post so that I can keep track of suggestions that suit "me" and my needs all in one place.

But anyhow...thanks for your help :rolleyes: I always love these types of unhelpful post that just clutter a post. :cool:

Try Hyatt Place (near 17th Street) very popular location... using

www.valuetrips.com

Thanks so much. I'll check them out. :) Any "specials" for this place (as in free breakfast...free transportation, within walking distance to places)?

Also...what city do I put in on the drop down box?

Edited by mitsugirly

We stayed at Embassy Suites (17th St) in November. Nice hotel. They have a package that includes transportation from airport to hotel and hotel to cruiseport. They have a free happy hour with drinks and snacks and breakfast is included as well. Right next to the hotel there is a shopping center with restaurants, supermarket and liquor store. Also, a few other restaurants within walking distance. Only thing you'll need to do is arrange transport back to airport after cruise. There are plenty of taxis at port when you disembark and it costs about $20.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm in the same spot you are researching hotels in this area for a 2018 cruise lol. Hyatt Regency is suppose to have intercostal views, free airport shuttle and I also believe some sort of breakfast (unless I'm mistaken), also, there is a Holiday Inn express that has caught my eye that looks like it offers the same things. The Embassy Suties there doesn't seem to get a lot of good reviews on trip advisor, so I'm thinking it best to shy away from that one. Most hotels seem to be pretty pricey in that area unless you want to share a bed with cockroaches :eek::p. I'll try to share with you whatever info I can dig up :).

We stayed at Embassy Suites (17th St) in November. Nice hotel. They have a package that includes transportation from airport to hotel and hotel to cruiseport. They have a free happy hour with drinks and snacks and breakfast is included as well. Right next to the hotel there is a shopping center with restaurants, supermarket and liquor store. Also, a few other restaurants within walking distance. Only thing you'll need to do is arrange transport back to airport after cruise. There are plenty of taxis at port when you disembark and it costs about $20.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That sounds like it's exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks SO MUCH. I'll check them out. :)

I'm in the same spot you are researching hotels in this area for a 2018 cruise lol. Hyatt Regency is suppose to have intercostal views, free airport shuttle and I also believe some sort of breakfast (unless I'm mistaken), also, there is a Holiday Inn express that has caught my eye that looks like it offers the same things. The Embassy Suties there doesn't seem to get a lot of good reviews on trip advisor, so I'm thinking it best to shy away from that one. Most hotels seem to be pretty pricey in that area unless you want to share a bed with cockroaches :eek::p. I'll try to share with you whatever info I can dig up :).

Thanks so much. I appreciate it. I definitely want a "cheaper" deal, but no critters for sure! Eek :eek:

Please keep me posted. I'm just starting to explore the options.

Thanks so much!

I'm about to have a heart attack with the prices for my dates. A lot of them are higher $200 range to over $300. WOW!

I keep going back to the Sleep Inn in Dania, there's a Wal mart across the street and fast food a couple blocks away.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I looked at this on the map and actually discovered that I have stayed here once before. I can't remember if I liked it or not, but will definitely go back and read over it to see if it was a decent place to stay. I do remember the only option it seemed like we had for food was an Asian place across the street and they were kinda rude.

I don't see a Walmart any where close. Maybe I'm referring to a different location. The one we stayed at was at 1500 SE 5th Ave in Dania. :confused:

I'm about to have a heart attack with the prices for my dates. A lot of them are higher $200 range to over $300. WOW!

You might also check the price of the two La Quinta Inns in Plantation near the Hampton Inn and book your own transfers or rent a car.

Prestige Transportation

Jack 954-652-9571

http://www.airportshuttledavie.com

I would look into AirBNB as an alternate lodging options. If you're not as adventurous, look into Hotwire or Priceline's Name Your Own Price feature. If you find an airport hotel (with airport shuttle but not a cruise shuttle), you can always take the hotel shuttle back to the airport and then take a taxi from the airport to the cruise port ($20 bucks?). Or you can try Uber.

Ps: Plantation is an option too, straight shot on I-595.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I looked at this on the map and actually discovered that I have stayed here once before. I can't remember if I liked it or not, but will definitely go back and read over it to see if it was a decent place to stay. I do remember the only option it seemed like we had for food was an Asian place across the street and they were kinda rude.

I don't see a Walmart any where close. Maybe I'm referring to a different location. The one we stayed at was at 1500 SE 5th Ave in Dania. :confused:

Hi,

We've stayed at Hyatt Place 17th street convention center property

Several times, with another booked for 2017. We've also stayed at Embassy Suites, the Riverside Hotel and Renaissance As well.

All properties are very popular with the cruising crowd and all have been very nice. I would opt for Hyatt Place any day over ES due to huge crowds at ES on cruise day for shuttles, ET cet, unless you take a cab. Hyatt Place has a shuttle that will pick you up at FLL. It circles around every half hour of so in peak season. It is $2 pp from FLL to hotel, 10 minute drive.

You can take their shuttle to the cruise port for $7 pp, but it will take 45 minutes if many ships are in port and if you're the last to be dropped off, as happened to us last time, OR you might be lucky and be one of only two ships in port and arrive at the port in 10 mins, which has also happened to us. You will be within walking distance of too many places to list, Publix, total wine, burger joints, Dollar Tree, Panera.

If you choose the Riverside, it is on Las Olas BLVD, a very nice street with tons of eating establishments.

Tripadvisor has lots of good pics of hotel rooms.

Hyatt place has very large rooms.

Prices have averaged around 250-350 per night during cruise season for at least the last three years. If you are willing to do Priceline a express deals you might find something pretty reasonable as we did for our March 2017 cruise. Back in May I got the Crowne Plaza just near the airport for around $170, which includes taxes, for our March 12 date when we return from the cruise.

Good deals can still be found. You just have to keep checking

Also, we got the Hyatt Place back in May for this coming March for the equivalent of $144 buy purchasing Hyatt points when they ran a sale, so if you are a gold passport member you might look into that option. They require 8,000 points to redeem and we only had 886 points, so we purchased the requisite number of points with bonus and got a GREAT deal

Many on here have used value trips. If you do a search on the forum here for value trips, you will find lots of info for them.

Good luck with your hotel search.

Edited by 4cats4me

This is been typical for the last few years, sadly

Good deals can be had through Priceline Express deals.

Also, a year ago we had booked a room at a moderate rate, then two weeks before cruise time rates started to drop at other properties via Hotwire, so we chose the region we wanted and took a chance and got the Riverside for $109 before taxes, then canceled our original hotel room at Embassy Suites which was probably double the rate

Thanks so much. I'll check them out. :) Any "specials" for this place (as in free breakfast...free transportation, within walking distance to places)?

Also...what city do I put in on the drop down box?

Free breakfast and a hotel shuttle from FLL to hotel. The Hyatt Place sits just behind Embassy Suites on 17th Street. It's right next door to the Harbor Shopping Center where there are lots of shops and a Publix market etc. And our favorite place to eat "Duffy's"...we've stayed several times at Embassy Suites but our new preferred hotel for this area is now Hyatt Place. Use

http://www.valuetrips.com

It will automatically give you the option for Fort Lauderdale.

Hi MITs!

I love your reviews by the way.

Embassy Suites is fine and their breakfast buffet is decent. I've stayed there a lot.

Hyatt Place is also good, its quiet and has free breakfast too.

My thoughts are that you should book ASAP..maybe even a couple of places before prices go up even more. Just book cancel able rates.

Then cancel as you need to.

I think anything on 17th will suit your needs..walkable to tons of food.

You could take the free shuttle that picks up at the Harbor Shops to see a bit .. and the water taxi is fun too.

Your beautiful mermaid might enjoy seeing sites..,

Also use UBER.. from the airport and to the port., cheaper than taxis and better too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another vote for Hyatt Place 17th St using Value Trips.

We stayed there last March and found it to be clean and convenient. Easily walked to Harbor Place shops for dinner, to the supermarket for sunscreen and some other incidentals as well as Total Wine for our two-bottles to carry on.

Breakfast was included in our rate...we paid $200 for one night. About a $15 cab ride to the port.

We're staying there again this March, again $200 for the night through Value Trips while the Hyatt website lists prices in the $320 range.

My March '17 cruise will be my 4th out of the SoFla and I'm pretty sure that dollar amount is normal on the weekends. I've had to use Priceline to get something reasonable. I stick to 3.5* and above and have always had good luck. One year I got the Hyatt Pier 66.

IF you prefer to you know the hotel ahead before booking, then I would do a search on Hotels.com for hotels near the Embassy Suites 17th st. As was mentioned, there is a Publix there and a bunch of restaurants.

There is a Walgreen's next door .. No Walmart. I've stayed there several times and will do so again next year. Very reasonable price (around $150 for peak season if you book early) clean but "worn", ok free breakfast, free shuttle from airport and $10 to port.

Debr

There is a Walgreen's next door .. No Walmart. I've stayed there several times and will do so again next year. Very reasonable price (around $150 for peak season if you book early) clean but "worn", ok free breakfast, free shuttle from airport and $10 to port.

Debr

Yes, there is a Walmart Neighborhood Grocery across 5th Street to the west. Walgreens is next door on the south side of the hotel.

Yes, there is a Walmart Neighborhood Grocery across 5th Street to the west. Walgreens is next door on the south side of the hotel.

Great to know .. Thank you. Hadn't ventured in that direction. Do you know if they sell wine? The Walgreens next to Sleep inn does not.

Debr