NCL Jewel- Canadian Whiskey??

pcjones

Hi. Sailing on the NCL Jewel on Jan 20th.

I am Canadian and wondering does anybody know if the Jewel carries any Canadian whiskey or rye??

Canadian Club or Crown Royal are some examples.

Thanks

I would imagine they would. I've taught bartenders on Celebrity to make a duck fart, which requires Canadian whiskey. (The drink is layered...Kahlua on the bottom, Bailey's in the middle and The Canadian whiskey on top.)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am Canadian and wondering does anybody know if the Jewel carries any Canadian whiskey or rye??

Thanks

"NCL" pushes Crown Royal in their duty free shops so I imagine it would be available in the bars. I never look being a single malt drinker. VBG

Thanks. Kinda makes sense.

Even though I am not a big Crown Royal fan, would be ok with it as 16 days along time without some Canadian Rye whiskey.

There is only 1 decent single malt Scotch under the $15 limit if you have the package, it's very pleasant. Try it, you may be surprised!!

Mike

Recent Autumn trip on the NCL DAWN - New England Canada NCL had plenty

of Crown Royal until the return portion of the B2B when they were substituting

Seagrams 7 - no where did I see Canadian Club ?

My usual drink is CC & h2o.

Asked for CC & h2o and got Crown Royal - trip up to Quebec returning Seagrams 7

FWIW - I had the UBP and frequented the Topsiders Bar - crew was pouring

with a heavy hand - the Bar in the Spinnaker was so-so as well as the two

MDRs watered down kiddie drinks - Rodney Dangerfield got more respect !

Gatsby's Deck 6 near Le Bistro was the best inside the ship.

Recent Autumn trip on the NCL DAWN - New England Canada NCL had plenty

of Crown Royal until the return portion of the B2B when they were substituting

Seagrams 7 - no where did I see Canadian Club ?

My usual drink is CC & h2o.

Asked for CC & h2o and got Crown Royal - trip up to Quebec returning Seagrams 7

FWIW - I had the UBP and frequented the Topsiders Bar - crew was pouring

with a heavy hand - the Bar in the Spinnaker was so-so as well as the two

MDRs watered down kiddie drinks - Rodney Dangerfield got more respect !

Gatsby's Deck 6 near Le Bistro was the best inside the ship.

Nice post.

However, I had to read it 3 times since I'm drinking CC right now:p

Edited by $hip$hape

Nice post.

However, I had to read it 3 times since I'm drinking CC right now:p

So that is why all the fuss about running out of my brand of booze.

Instead of double shots here we have a triple shot drinker - who had to

read the story/post three times while enjoying his hooch ! ROFLOL !

Cheers Clink Drink - and of course Happy New Years !

Drifting far afield....I'm not a whiskey drinker. However, George Dickle distillery is just down the road from me. Took a friend down there. I ended up buying a bottle of their Barrel Select. Friend and I took a sip when we got home. DAMN!!!! Soooo good!!! I'm a definite Barrel Select drinker now. Ok. Back to regular programming. Doubt if NCL stocks it though.

I was on jewel in September. I like Washington Apples.(Crown,apple pucker and cranberry juice.) every bar made them and after a few trips to the bar and an extra couple of bucks they were done to my liking (heavy pour of crown).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks

We were on over Christmas week. They had Seagram's 7 & Crown Royal. Overall, I was pleased with their wide variety of choices (not all on the drink package, of course), but they had lots of odd liquors and such. We sailed on Explorer of the Seas in September and they had no limoncello anywhere on the ship. The Jewel had it in at least 3 different bars. (Not that this proves anything beyond the fact that they have limoncello...but it helps support my gut feeling that their selection was a bit more varied than Royal).

which one?:d

I guess editing is not allowed? Anyway, I was unable to find a single malt on the Premium whiskies menu. We're to be on the NCL Dawn in March and I was hoping to maybe try a couple new ones......

All I could find was Chivas (blended), Crown Royal (Canadian, blended), Dewer's 12 (blended), Jamieson (Irish) plus a few bourbon type whiskies.

I was hoping for some Glenfiddich, Glenlivet or at least some of my favorite Glenmorangie. I read somewhere that there was a single, single malt for the under $15 UDP price limit, but I have not been able to find that..........If anyone can point me in the right direction I'd appreciate that! :cool:

I guess editing is not allowed?

Anyway, I was unable to find a single malt on the Premium whiskies menu. We're to be on the NCL Dawn in March and I was hoping to maybe try a couple new ones......

All I could find was Chivas (blended), Crown Royal (Canadian, blended), Dewer's 12 (blended), Jamieson (Irish) plus a few bourbon type whiskies.

I was hoping for some Glenfiddich, Glenlivet or at least some of my favorite Glenmorangie.

I read somewhere that there was a single, single malt for the under $15 UDP price limit, but I have not been able to find that..........If anyone can point me in the right direction I'd appreciate that! :cool:

"The product you are attempting to reach on NCL is no longer available." :eek:

As if it ever was.

Glenmorangie Milsean (Scots Gaelic for ‘sweet things’ and pronounced ‘meel-shawn’) is a single malt whisky

full of intense candied fruit flavours and mouth-watering sweetness.

Edited by $hip$hape

"The product you are attempting to reach on NCL is no longer available." :eek:

As if it ever was.

Glenmorangie Milsean (Scots Gaelic for ‘sweet things’ and pronounced ‘meel-shawn’) is a single malt whisky

full of intense candied fruit flavours and mouth-watering sweetness.

So you are telling me there is no single malt under the $15 limit associated with the UDP (or is it UBP?). Dang, I was afraid of that. I guess I will try the blended offerings from Johnny Walker and Dewer's.

So you are telling me there is no single malt under the $15 limit associated with the UDP (or is it UBP?). Dang, I was afraid of that. I guess I will try the blended offerings from Johnny Walker and Dewer's.

You used to be able to get Glenfiddich, but there was a updated drink menu posted (from July 2016 I believe) that showed the price to be $16.95.

I was disappointed about this as well, though I'm sure I can find plenty of other things to drink. Wife and I going on our first cruise on the Jewel in May 2017.

.... I'm sure I can find plenty of other things to drink.... .

Oh yeah, no doubt. Neither my wife nor I are big drinkers, but sometimes it's fun to try something a little different. She has her sights on exotic tropical looking foo-foos with lots of fruit, umbrellas; that sort of thing. I plan to try some of the whiskies I have not. And of course some different wines also....:cool: