S & S Cards no longer given at check in.

Donh44

Maybe I am missing something but what is the benefit to getting the card in your room vs at check in? And as far as using your passport pic on the sign and sale card people can change a lot in between the years you need to renew your passport.

I don't personally care either way, just feel like I am missing some benefit or something with this new system.

Maybe I am missing something but what is the benefit to getting the card in your room vs at check in? And as far as using your passport pic on the sign and sale card people can change a lot in between the years you need to renew your passport.

I don't personally care either way, just feel like I am missing some benefit or something with this new system.

One less line to stand in at the terminal. Once you get through Security where they check your docs, you go right to sit down. No more standing in the other line to get your card. If you need a new pic, they will take it.

Edited by firemanbobswife

I thought it was only on the Vista and Splendor for now also, very interested to hear they did it this way on the Sensation too. Any reports of other ships switching to this system yet?

It was this way last month when I was on the RCI Harmony of The Seas. Card was outside our door in a little sealed envelope.

Edited by AdGuyMG

I think it helps alleviate people going to their cabins before the 1:00-1:30 when cabins are released.

"The key cards are placed in tamper proof envelopes. If the envelope has been opened, go to GS and get new ones."

I thought that you said the envelopes were "tamper proof"? If that is the case, how can they be opened, even by you?

"Tamper evident" is the correct term which I used, but the poster you quoted did not. But you get the idea. It's still no big deal.

There are people posting in other threads that they hate the idea (without even trying it) because what if someone steals your card and tries to charge all over the ship. First of all, you are on a ship and it is not like you can make a fast getaway. Second, they will catch you, there are cameras everywhere.

There are people posting in other threads that they hate the idea (without even trying it) because what if someone steals your card and tries to charge all over the ship. First of all, you are on a ship and it is not like you can make a fast getaway. Second, they will catch you, there are cameras everywhere.

If your picture comes up when your card is swiped, a thief couldn't use it and will be caught pre-purchase.

I think it helps alleviate people going to their cabins before the 1:00-1:30 when cabins are released.

I don't quite understand. What's to stop people from going to their cabin early and taking the key cards out of the mail boxes.

Do the stewards only put them there after 1pm?

In the old days, when they used those gray cards with holes in them for door keys, the doors to all the cabins were open and the keys were on the dresser. I don't remember any problems with that system.

In the old days, when they used those gray cards with holes in them for door keys, the doors to all the cabins were open and the keys were on the dresser. I don't remember any problems with that system.

And I had no problem at all in the past when they would put Excursion tickets in my cabin's mail box.

I don't quite understand. What's to stop people from going to their cabin early and taking the key cards out of the mail boxes.

Do the stewards only put them there after 1pm?

Yes, if you aren't one of the allowed early room access types, it will not be in your mailbox until you have access to your cabin.