Diamond princess japanees bath

geomac53

Is the Japanese bath a part of the free part of the ship or do you have to pay like sanctuary?

You have to pay. and it's not a small amount (though I don't recall how much). Better to visit an onsen at one of the ports. We went to a place locals use, and it was cheap and thoroughly enjoyable. (Onboard or onshore, it's sex segregated and clothing is not an option.)

Edited by shepp

You have to pay. and it's not a small amount (though I don't recall how much). Better to visit an onsen at one of the ports. We went to a place locals use, and it was cheap and thoroughly enjoyable. (Onboard or onshore, it's sex segregated and clothing is not an option.)

On board they have both clothing and single-sex no-clothing sessions.

Tried this on Diamond, loved it, once I got over the fear of being naked. I was lucky (maybe I should say other people were lucky) there was only my daughter and myself there. There is a scented shower then this steaming pool with ocean views, really relaxing, then you shower, get changed and go outside to the hot tubs and loungers. I thought 90 mins was a long time at first, but it went so quickly.

I would do it again we left it until,the last sea day so only got to use it once. Try it as your something different this cruise. I think we only paid 15 for the experience,

On board they have both clothing and single-sex no-clothing sessions.

I believe that might have changed since I was aboard the Diamond. In any case, I thought that being naked with a whole lot of other guys at the on-shore onsen was an integral part of the experience.

Clothed onsen? That's like saying, "Here's your sashimi. To cater to your qualms, all the fish has been cooked."

Edited by shepp

I believe that might have changed since I was aboard the Diamond. In any case, I thought that being naked with a whole lot of other guys at the on-shore onsen was an integral part of the experience.

Clothed onsen? That's like saying, "Here's your sashimi. To cater to your qualms, all the fish has been cooked."

I agree with the clothing option. It is a rather ridiculous concept and defeats the purpose. Who bathes with their clothes on?

Izumi, modeled after a traditional Japanese bath or “onsen” features indoor and outdoor Japanese bathing experiences, including steam rooms, saunas, and hot tubs with spectacular ocean views. Exclusively on Diamond Princess[emoji768], it is the largest Japanese bath of its kind at sea and offers guests a chance to experience a little of a popular Japanese pastime. Men and women have separate facilities, except for one outdoor hot tub where suits are required.

Sent from my iPad using Forums