Just boarded Ruby. Main Dining room closed for lunch

vmom

What is BVE please?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Colo Cruiser gave an excellent definition. However, if you are interested in doing a Bon Voyage, it's possible when you call the person on the princess line has no idea about them. You might need to call back and and speak to someone else and if you happen to know someone sailing and want to join them for a few hours, just be sure to cross reference their booking ID so you can board together. :)

We've never done BVE without accompanying guests on the cruise.

And we've never done it while accompanying booked guests. We get together with a group of friends once a summer and spend a few hours on the Grand in San Francisco. We think it's a wonderful way to spend a few hours in the city. Nice lunch, picture of our group, and we buy a drink or two at a bar on board. The charges for the drinks always show up on the credit card we've "booked" with. We'd recommend a "BVE Day" for everyone who is close enough to take advantage.

Edited by Can'tStayHome

Last fall despite showing up at 11:30 a.m. in San Pedro, Global Entry, Suite passenger, unable tp get on board when a restaurant was open. Good news: Horizon Court has outside light when ship power fails.

This past April, San Pedro, same circumstances, lunch in dining room.

Hubby and I had to try out this embarkation lunch in the MDR because of all the hoopla about it.

We were seated with 4 others, looked @ the limited menu and had lunch.

So for our first meal on a Princess cruise ship we have had the buffet, International Café and now the MDR. Our vote is the International Café.

We really do not see what the fuss is all about having lunch in the MDR on embarkation day OTHER than its just less crowded and your meal is served.

The menu is "just okay" and honestly I did not feel that welcomed by the staff.

We are glad to hear that the embarkation lunch in the MDR is alive and well. We are well aware that the crew attempts to steer everyone to the HC or some other venue but we know better. We always look forward to lunch in the MDR that day as it is unrushed, meals are served and we get to meet some of our fellow pax. We have been on most ships already so no need to explore the ship. The chaotic activity in the HC is to be missed indeed not to mention the pax exiting the serving line with mounds of food as if they had not had any in days.

Edited by satxdiver

We are glad to hear that the embarkation lunch in the MDR is alive and well. We are well aware that the crew attempts to steer everyone to the HC or some other venue but we know better. We always look forward to lunch in the MDR that day as it is unrushed, meals are served and we get to meet some of our fellow pax. We have been on most ships already so no need to explore the ship. The chaotic activity in the HC is to be missed indeed not to mention the pax exiting the serving line with mounds of food as if they had not had any in days.

Hello Satxdiver, we are sailing with you on the Crown. Normally, we do the buffet, because we have done repeat visits on our previous cruises, and would like to do the MDR this time after we tour the ship. We are looking forward to a great meal.

We really do not see what the fuss is all about having lunch in the MDR on embarkation day OTHER than its just less crowded and your meal is served.

Something for everyone. The fuss for me is having to fight the mob in the Buffet or trying desperately to find a place to sit to eat my IC lunch. I love the fact that the MDR is less crowded and they serve me a meal in a seat I didn't have to fight for.

And we've never done it while accompanying booked guests. We get together with a group of friends once a summer and spend a few hours on the Grand in San Francisco. We think it's a wonderful way to spend a few hours in the city. Nice lunch' date=' picture of our group, and we buy a drink or two at a bar on board. The charges for the drinks always show up on the credit card we've "booked" with. We'd recommend a "BVE Day" for everyone who is close enough to take advantage.[/quote']

That's a great idea!!

What time do you arrive when just doing the BVE?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Something for everyone. The fuss for me is having to fight the mob in the Buffet or trying desperately to find a place to sit to eat my IC lunch. I love the fact that the MDR is less crowded and they serve me a meal in a seat I didn't have to fight for.

As you say, something for everyone. We are on board so early that the HC lines are the lowest of any lunchtime period on the cruise - save for a port stop. It's great to be out in the normally nice weather in Port Everglades anticipating the upcoming sailaway.

Another option if on Regal/Royal is Alfredo's and we did try that one time.

Talked to a Princess rep today about this after sending a link to this discussion. He stated that lunch in one dinng room on embarkation day was a standard for Princess. When I reffered him to those of you who were told it wasn't be some of the staff he said he would relay the thread to the Department that handles dining matters. This is the same person who got me an excursion refund in less than a week after trying for several months.

Edited by Potstech