Carnival Airport Transfers

BahamaMama1214

Is there any advantage to doing the Carnival airport transfers? We're looking into flying into MIA the day of, probably arriving around 11:00 AM, and we didn't know if using the Carnival transfer would be better? As far as costs it would be about the same as taking a cab. So are there any other factors we should be aware of?

Is there any advantage to doing the Carnival airport transfers? We're looking into flying into MIA the day of, probably arriving around 11:00 AM, and we didn't know if using the Carnival transfer would be better? As far as costs it would be about the same as taking a cab. So are there any other factors we should be aware of?

The only advantage I can think of is if you were checking in at the airport...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Most people only use Carnival transfers if the port is a long way away from the airport. Miami is NOT one of those ports. You're likely better off taking a taxi from MIA airport to the Port of Miami unless you have extenuating circumstances such as a really large group.

This past November I flew into Ft Lauderdale airport to board the Carnival Conquest at Port Everglades. Airport transfer through Carnival was $31.00 per person. Since there were two of us and the port was 5 min away we took a taxi instead. Grand total for taxi ride for two. . .$15.00. If I had to board a ship in Port Canaveral and having to fly to Orlando airport, then I would purchase a airport transfer since the port is about an hour away.

How much is the Carnival shuttle? If you are going from MIA to Port of Miami, it's a $27 flat-rate. That’s based on the ride, not per person.

Note that transfer buses don't depart until they are full.

You could be sitting there for an hour before the bus leaves for the port

Definitely a factor to consider.

Not sure if this really works-- but we were told CCL transfer people were allowed to check in immediately upon arriving to the ship, as if they had FTTF. We did this in Sept 2016 & were allowed to go to check in right away & then board the ship. This was in Galveston, so not sure this is true in all ports.

Not sure if this really works-- but we were told CCL transfer people were allowed to check in immediately upon arriving to the ship, as if they had FTTF. We did this in Sept 2016 & were allowed to go to check in right away & then board the ship. This was in Galveston, so not sure this is true in all ports.

That is true for check-in but not boarding... you will be able to check in immediately but you'll still be given a zone card and will board with others who checked in normally, not with FTTF.

That is true for check-in but not boarding... you will be able to check in immediately but you'll still be given a zone card and will board with others who checked in normally, not with FTTF.

Thanks for clarifying. I thought we somehow skipped the line to board. I guess we just followed the crowd & got right on the ship.

The is the last way to get to the pier.

We took the airport transfers to and from our airports simply so we could have everything taken care of before we left. We didn't want to have to worry about finding a ride or traffic (if you book a transfer, even if traffic makes you an hour late they will accommodate. If you're using a taxi, you're on your own so to speak.) They were a bit pricey, but for us the convenience of not having to figure anything out made it worth it. There are pros and cons to both options, it's just basically what works best for you. Either way, have fun on your upcoming cruise!:)

I have taken many Carnival transfers and never has the bus waited at the airport to fill before leaving for the cruise. The buses do wait to fill to return to the airport. I think I paid like $15 for Port Everglades to FLL. It's like $30 pp each way from FLL airport to POM.

Not true. Carnival staff gather up people from baggage claim.. Those people and luggage are loaded and bus leaves. I have taken almost 20 transfers and the only wait is for the bus. Everyone loads, they either proceed to next terminal or head to the ship.

I have taken many Carnival transfers and never has the bus waited at the airport to fill before leaving for the cruise. The buses do wait to fill to return to the airport. I think I paid like $15 for Port Everglades to FLL. It's like $30 pp each way from FLL airport to POM.

When we first started cruising we used the cruise line transfer and we did wait until the bus filled up.

These days the only advantage is you get to relax on the bus until it is full

Not true. Carnival staff gather up people from baggage claim.. Those people and luggage are loaded and bus leaves. I have taken almost 20 transfers and the only wait is for the bus. Everyone loads, they either proceed to next terminal or head to the ship.

So, I guess what you are saying is the time we waited in Orlando for close to an hour is a complete fabrication on my part.

In other words, I'm lying.

Thanks Elaine for your wonderful insite. I'm sure you're a wonderful person.

So, I guess what you are saying is the time we waited in Orlando for close to an hour is a complete fabrication on my part.

In other words, I'm lying.

Thanks Elaine for your wonderful insite. I'm sure you're a wonderful person.

I have been on over 19 transfers out of Fort Lauderdale and never waited longer than than waiting passengers boarded. There's always another bus coming.The transfer out of Port Orleans left immediately after I got on with it half full.

If it's the last bus, maybe but I am never on the last bus.

So, your experience is as valid as mine which makes your blanket statement just as valid.

I have been on over 19 transfers out of Fort Lauderdale and never waited longer than than waiting passengers boarded. There's always another bus coming.The transfer out of Port Orleans left immediately after I got on with it half full.

If it's the last bus, maybe but I am never on the last bus.

So, your experience is as valid as mine which makes your blanket statement just as valid.

Sorry Elaine, you quoted me and said my statement was "Not True", when in fact it was a true experience.

Now you could have been an adult and said something to the affect of , while some people have experienced a wait time, I never have after XX number of transfers.

If you would have said that, rather than just invalidating someone else's experience, then all would have been good.

Sorry Elaine, you quoted me and said my statement was "Not True", when in fact it was a true experience.

Now you could have been an adult and said something to the affect of , while some people have experienced a wait time, I never have after XX number of transfers.

If you would have said that, rather than just invalidating someone else's experience, then all would have been good.

You stated as fact that that transfer buses don't depart until they are full. You could have stated "in my experience, the bus I was on, waited until it was full before departing."

You stated as fact that that transfer buses don't depart until they are full. You could have stated "in my experience, the bus I was on, waited until it was full before departing."

You both had different experiences. Both valid. Both important. And I'm sure both were helpful to the original person asking. Thank you for your opinions and please don't continue bickering. I humbly ask that you do not start fighting over this, because I'm sure you both didn't mean to offend the other.