Xpress pass for travel companion

Josie2

Hello. We are travelling with our nieces in April and I want to set up their account on our credit card. I assume I can do this when I check in on line (we made and paid for their reservations). We will be arriving/boarding separately - if I give them their Express pass that I will print for them linked to my credit card - I assume they can check in and board without need of showing any credit card ?

Any experience with this ? Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

They have always wanted to swipe our credit card at the time of boarding. I think they may need to have it with them. If that's not possible, they could swipe one of their own at check-in and you could go to Guest Relations later to update the account.

Edited by 2theship

You can link your nieces to your account on line through "My Celebrity". You can link all of you on the Express pass but in order to get one credit card to cover all expenses you will need to physically check in together. It may take a few minutes longer to complete all the details but will save tedious lines at Guest relations later. For the first couple of days lines at Guest relations are always long. Why? no idea but it is what it is

Hello. We are travelling with our nieces in April and I want to set up their account on our credit card. I assume I can do this when I check in on line (we made and paid for their reservations). We will be arriving/boarding separately - if I give them their Express pass that I will print for them linked to my credit card - I assume they can check in and board without need of showing any credit card ?

Any experience with this ? Thanks.

Yes, it should be no problem at all. We have done that a number of times, arriving and checking in separately, but using the same shipboard account.

If they should arrive before you, they can temporarily ask for a cash account so they do not need any cash or credit card at all to check in and board the ship.

Then after you arrive, you can always go to Guest Relations and re-arrange your accounts however you like.

It does not need to be done right away. You can do it at your own convenience, at a time when they are not busy, even a day or two later.

Nothing that is purchased on board is actually charged to your credit card until you check out on the last day of your cruise and close out your shipboard account.

The only thing I can think of is that if they are minors, they may or may not need to be accompanied by an adult to check in. I don't know the answer, since my travel companions have always been adults whenever we checked in separately.

If they should arrive before you, they can temporarily ask for a cash account so they do not need any cash or credit card at all to check in and board the ship.

Then after you arrive, you can always go to Guest Relations and re-arrange your accounts however you like.

It does not need to be done right away. You can do it at your own convenience, at a time when they are not busy, even a day or two later.

If they ask for a cash account, then they will be asked to put a cash deposit on the account by that evening, so you cannot wait a day or two to have the accounts switched to your credit card.

Best plan would be to arrange to check in together --- are your arrival times at the pier that far apart? But if this is not possible, you could always order one of your nieces a credit card on your account. We did this for our children when they were younger, it's no problem. Then she could swipe it when they check in, and give it back to you later.

Edited by cynbar

Thanks for input to all. I will try to do this in advance on line, and try to reconfirm when we check in at pier, and as fall back position my brother can swipe his card when they check in and we can sort out at guest relations. As you know arriving separately it can be difficult to meet up in the boarding chaos.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

When you do your Xpress Pass the Credit Card is really just a place holder. It only asks you to put in the last 4 digits of your credit card number.

When you check in, they will always ask for a copy of your Credit Card and at that point you can designate which passengers accounts will be charged to your Credit Card.