Open Bar on Norwegian Sky - Do you see more drunks?

C Cruise Dude

I'm planning a future trip on the Sky's weekend cruise in the summer. I have family members who are concerned about "Open Bar". I would like to hear from those who have sailed on the weekend 3 day cruise during this promotion. Thank you.

What are they concerned about??? That they can't get a drink or maybe that the bartenders will ignore them? I'm not sure what you question is....

I'm planning a future trip on the Sky's weekend cruise in the summer. I have family members who are concerned about "Open Bar". I would like to hear from those who have sailed on the weekend 3 day cruise during this promotion. Thank you.

No. The UBP has been around for a while. not really an increase in the drunks with 100% of the guests with the ultimate beverage plan. People who like to party will party on the ship. Most people are exactly like you. They will drink a little and enjoy the cruise.

The concern is only more people clearly drunk around the ship.

I doubt it, will find out for sure in a month.... sorry can't tell you from experience on that ship. But I can say what others have said. Drinkers drink and get "drunk" no matter what, will you have some that rarely drink "go for it" because it's free? Maybe but after one night I doubt they will around for another.

Go, have fun and enjoy!

I went on the sky three day twice last year. Each one was a little different. The first time the crowd was more lively and there was a much stronger party vibe. The second time it was far more low key.

Don't get me wrong people were drinking a lot, but it wasn't crazy or irritating.

The concern is only more people clearly drunk around the ship.

Just off the Sky, it was very good. Never saw any drunks at all, (in fact I did wonder if there was actually alcohol in the drinks)....I suppose it all depends on who is sailing!!! The wines served in the MDRs were good, I can recommend Matua NZ sauvignon & also Estancia Pinot Noir. Wasnt the same in the bars tho. My fav cocktail was Rebellious Fish, or Mimosas....no yeucckky pre mixed gloop. My husband tried a Mudslide but it gave him brain freeze, like a McDs frozen slushy.:rolleyes:

Edited by firstcarib
Typo

We sailed on Sky twice last year, one 3 night, the other was the 4 night. I concur with previous posts, we didn't encounter any rampant drunkenness, drinks were good to excellent, wines at dinner were decent, overall a great short cruise and excellent value.

I was on the Sky for a 3-day last year, I thought the crowd was a bit younger than you'd see on a seven-day, which I expected. Not a whole lot more drunks, in fact, it was about the same... certainly, some people clearly getting loose & happy, but not hordes of stumble-drunks.

Just off the Sky, it was very good. Never saw any drunks at all, (in fact I did wonder if there was actually alcohol in the drinks)....I suppose it all depends on who is sailing!!! The wines served in the MDRs were good, I can recommend Matua NZ sauvignon & also Estancia Pinot Noir. Wasnt the same in the bars tho. My fav cocktail was Rebellious Fish, or Mimosas....no yeucckky pre mixed gloop. My husband tried a Mudslide but it gave him brain freeze, like a McDs frozen slushy.:rolleyes:

My husband just got off the Sky today after the 4-day midweek cruise. He did see more drunk people generally on the pool deck and in the theatre for the comedy show compared to other cruises we've been on.

As for pre-made vs fresh, they would have pre-made drinks during high volume times at the outside bars, but he mentioned that at some of the smaller inside bars, they appeared to be always making from scratch. These are generalizations based only on what he can remember. He's not a tee-totaler, either.

--Michael

Our upcoming Sky 4 day will be the shortest cruise we have done with NCL. We always purchase the beverage package and always find ourselves in the middle of a pub crawl or some other shenanigans. We are usually the loudest out at the pool or on the main bar deck, but not because the group is drunk, but more because it is supposed to be fun. Of course, I just turned 40 in September....;) maybe I will be in 1st gear the whole trip! LOL

My first drink ordered within minutes of boarding the ship....a Dark & Stormy. I only drink them on vacation and I love them!

Can't wait!

• 5 weeks later...

Just off the Sky (Friday Feb 24th).... some drunks but mostly people drinking. Some a good bit but again not falling down, passing out drunk. At least not that I saw. But then again Spring break has not started. I don't think I would want to be onboard in March...